Photo

US Toy Fair,and a little from the UK one.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

Well,might as well start a thread about next month's Toy Fair. So,what are we hoping to see or get news about? I know there are some obvious ones.....right Zach?? lol!.....but are there any surprises you're hoping for? 50th anniversary related stuff? New movie stuff?

Toy Fair in the UK is happening right now,but not much there in the way of Trek. EM wasn't there,but Titan will be doing Trek vinyl figs like the Who line they do,and some other licenses like X-Files,Buffy,Ghostbusters,etc. They will also be doing Thunderbirds,for those of us who enjoy that,lol. I have to admit,NOT a big fan of vinyl figs,or the Pop ones,or that style in general,but I think the Who ones they do are kinda ok,so I'm hoping the Trek ones will be something fun.

Right now I just want my Danger Mouse toys,LOL! Saw some pics from UK TF and they look like fun,if you like that classic,and new,cartoon. New,since the toys are based on the new cartoon.

J-R!

#2 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:51 AM

Wow, thank you for mentioning Danger Mouse! I hadn't heard about that, and they look great!

#3 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:49 PM

LOL! But isn't DM a UK thing? Did he reach US shores as well? So what pics did you see? Did you see the 10" DM with jetpack,and the car with exclusive DM fig? Those are official pics btw,there was that supid No Photgraphy sign there,apparently,but someone managed to sneak out some pics neverheless,as one ALWAYS does,lol.

EDIT: OH CRUMBS! Never mind,found a whole gallery on YT,lol! Actually looks better than I thought,if you like DM of course. The Danger Car is a must,and the Danger Spaceship,LOL!!!!

J-R!

#4 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:57 PM

I'm hoping to see the new DST Federation ship.... But I am expecting nothing from them. 

I'm banking more on QMx making some sweet Trek stuff for the 50th, they do Toy Fair's don't they? I know at some point they showed that pewter(?) Refit Enterprise similar to the Amazon Exclusive 2009 Enterprise that came with the Blu-Ray of that movie, I'm hoping they give us some more info on it. 

I'd also love to see their mythical collectors scale line come into existence for the 50th. 

Personally I'm hoping for some more Godzilla and Heroes of the Storm figures from NECA, SHMA just revealed their GMK Godzilla which I will be purchasing. 

Also looking forward to the plethora of new Star Wars stuff I'm sure we'll be seeing. 

#5 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:38 PM

I am hoping for news of the next new Federation starship from DST as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

#6 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:44 AM

LOL! But isn't DM a UK thing? Did he reach US shores as well? So what pics did you see? Did you see the 10" DM with jetpack,and the car with exclusive DM fig? Those are official pics btw,there was that supid No Photgraphy sign there,apparently,but someone managed to sneak out some pics neverheless,as one ALWAYS does,lol.

EDIT: OH CRUMBS! Never mind,found a whole gallery on YT,lol! Actually looks better than I thought,if you like DM of course. The Danger Car is a must,and the Danger Spaceship,LOL!!!!

J-R!

Yeah DM played on Nickelodeon when I was young, I loved it! The only thing I found was that YouTube video with photos. I would be happy with just a few figures but that car and play set look amazing.

#7 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:31 AM

Well the main one is the next fed ship from Diamond select.  But as others have pointed out thats looking rather slim.  I wonder if they'll reveal their electronic Ecto-1 though.  I'd also like to see if Eaglemoss finally shows us the Enterprise-J.

#8 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

You want the J as well?! But.....that's MY ship! No one else likes it. No one else wants it!! LOL!!!! Yeah,here's hoping. Seems the only good stuff at TF UK were TB and DM. Maybe the one in Nuremberg,which starts tomorrow,will have more. I know Hascrap chose that one over the UK one. Guess the UK market isn't that important to them,which is fine. Yet another reason for not buying their cra.....stuff.....anymore. lol! I really should have a talk with them at Comic-Con,see what lies they manage to serve up this time,LOL!

Gotta check when the US TF starts! Looking forward to seeing what fun that one might bring.

And yes,the DM stuff did look cool! As did the TB stuff.

J-R!

#9 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:43 PM

You want the J as well?! But.....that's MY ship! No one else likes it. No one else wants it!! LOL!!!! Yeah,here's hoping. 

No I want her as well

#10 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:18 PM

LOL! Too funny! Saw that episode not too long ago,lol.

J-R!

#11 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

I'm hoping we'll see...

New Federation ship(s) from Diamond Select

TNG Phaser from Diamond Select

the One:12 Star Trek figures from Mezco

MegaBloks Star Trek construction sets

NECA's life-sized bat'leth

and...

An announcement from Diamond Select that they have a licence to produce toys from the new Star Trek TV series (specifically ships and tech)

Star Trek Beyond toys!!!!! I can't believe that they'll be nothing released for the new Trek movie. I'd be surprised if Mattel don't release some Hot Wheel's ships from Star Trek Beyond. 

#12 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

Who says there won't be anything from ST Beyond? I know EM has something coming at least,and maybe HW. Titan are doing something as well. As for figures and ships like Playmates used to do,well guess we'll just have to wait and see.

#13 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

I know Eaglemoss have plans for a few Beyond specials but for both of the previous movies, we've had announcements a year in advance of any new toy lines coming out for Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness. We've yet to hear anything and normally speaking we have by now.

#14 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:14 PM

I know Eaglemoss have plans for a few Beyond specials but for both of the previous movies, we've had announcements a year in advance of any new toy lines coming out for Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness. We've yet to hear anything and normally speaking we have by now.

We didn't find out about 1:50 HW ships for STID until shortly before the film came out so I wonder if it'll be the same this year. HW did announce a repack of the 1:64 mainline JJ-prise and 6 Trek 1:64 cars for 2016 so we know that they still have licensing, at least.

An announcement from Diamond Select that they have a licence to produce toys from the new Star Trek TV series (specifically ships and tech)

Star Trek Beyond toys!!!!! 

Cool! Where did you see that?

#15 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:27 PM

He said he'd like to see that.

#16 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:46 AM

Ah, fooled by the "and" again. Well played, sir! ;)  :blink:

I was surprised, considering that DST said (in the Q&As) that they're not doing anything from Beyond and that CBS wouldn't divulge who's producing ships for the new series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users