#1661 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:06 PM

Agreed. I want the Titan, too. It's a great design.

#1662 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

I wish the boxes came to us labeled.  You can usually tell what ship it belongs to by the contour of the clear plastic but not always.

#1663 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:15 AM

My Enterprise and Hirogen Warship arrived first thing this morning. My Enterprise hasn't been glued together properly though on the underside of the saucer  :(

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

#1664 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:44 PM

That sucks about the Enterprise flaw, but they'll replace that pretty quickly for free.  Otherwise do you like what they did with that design?  I'm still hoping for a larger version as a special issue down the road - heck all the Enterprises in that size for that matter!

The Hirogen looks pretty awesome.

#1665 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:50 PM

Apart from the flaw it is extremely close to the original model and otherwise I would have been very happy with it. The Hirogen is another one of those models that surprised me by being awesome even though I had no particular love for the ship on the show. Some of the ships really work better than others at this scale, the Hirogen ship works perfectly, the Enterprise I wish was a special.

#1666 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:27 AM

Pretty sure it has been confirmed somewhere, Memory-Alpha lists it as special 6, and they are usually up to date on their information on the collection. Thetrekcollective also has it listed as special 6.

No no, the NX-01R is confirmed to be the special after the Kelvin, and it's due around Christmas in the UK. As a special, it'll be much bigger than the regular ships. Doug Drexler himself has finished the model (after what happened with 'Jenn DeSalle'), and he's providing brand new renders for the magazine. :D

Hate to disagree with my esteemed colleague Jay K but the Kelvin is the next special, with the NX-01.5 following. Hehe, I kinda wondered how 8of5 and I could've both missed that item so I asked Ben about it today: he confirmed the Kelvin's still next.

BTW, he said the plaques are gonna be the same size as the Ent-D one (215 mm), with the exception of the TOS Ent's. No info re: its dimensions yet.

The DeSalle situation sounds extremely f-ed up, almost like a long con/Catch Me If You Can scenario. I hadn't heard that Drex and the EM NX were directly involved but I read this page:

https://www.reddit.c...e_of_the_heads/

Curiouser and curiouser...

Rebelscum has a Trek thread?! I only go there for their SW stuff,lol! Better start wandering around a bit more.

Yep, it's in the Hasbro Action Fleet/Titanium section and it's had 260,000+ hits, not too shabby for a SW site (supposedly) full of rabid anti-Trek folks. ;).
Hit the LAST button from here to get to the newest post:
Drop by anytime to say hi (or lurk), if you haven't already. Other spaceships (outside of Trek and SW) are also covered in the same general area. If you're into spaceship minis, I'm sure you've already bumped into some of us in other dark corners of the interwebs.  :)

#1667 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:46 AM

Thanks DD! Gonna check it out when I'm done here. Btw,not to nitpick or anything,but JK didn't say that the next special is the NX,he said the one AFTER the Kelvin. Or did I miss something here,lol!

Gonna look for new movie Enterprise special when I get to Comic Con,still want that one as well as the other one I'm waiting for,which I won't say by name since most of you know which one it is,lol! Still have this dredded sense of going to be disappointed when it FINALLY arrives. We'll see.

J-R!

#1668 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:23 AM

Thanks DD! Gonna check it out when I'm done here. Btw,not to nitpick or anything,but JK didn't say that the next special is the NX,he said the one AFTER the Kelvin. Or did I miss something here,lol!

Gonna look for new movie Enterprise special when I get to Comic Con,still want that one as well as the other one I'm waiting for,which I won't say by name since most of you know which one it is,lol! Still have this dredded sense of going to be disappointed when it FINALLY arrives. We'll see.

J-R!

Yes that is correct, JK did say it was the next special AFTER the Kelvin. I think DD misread/misunderstood as JK was correcting someone who said they had heard NX Refit wouldn't be a special, not it's place in the order of specials.

#1669 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:55 AM

Couldn't find a good Trek or Wars equivalent, so this'll have to do:

ray-liotta-laughs-o.gif

:D :P

All seriousness, nice one for posting the info dude. :)

#1670 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:59 AM

Oops, apologies to Jay K! That's what i get for posting late at night when I clearly lose the ability to read properly!

Good luck with the JJ-prise, JR.

#1671 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

The DeSalle situation sounds extremely f-ed up, almost like a long con/Catch Me If You Can scenario. I hadn't heard that Drex and the EM NX were directly involved but I read this page:

https://www.reddit.c...e_of_the_heads/

Curiouser and curiouser...

I'm not really up to speed on this…what was all of it about?

#1672 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:02 PM

Thanks DD!

#1673 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:22 PM

Well the Borg Cube is a piece of garbage in my opinion. It is so cheap looking and doesnt hold up to the standards that I have come to expect from Eaglemoss. Very Dissapointed in it

#1674 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

Well the Borg Cube is a piece of garbage in my opinion. It is so cheap looking and doesnt hold up to the standards that I have come to expect from Eaglemoss. Very Dissapointed in it

Wish EM would answer me about when I should be getting it, i've sent them 2 emails in the last week and haven't heard anything. Seems a bit strange for them.

I'm not terribly excited for it, and the odds are it will join the Bajoran Solar Sailor, and live its life in the closet. 

#1675 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:39 PM

Can you post any pics?

#1676 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:05 PM

I will do it tonight if someone doesnt beat me to it. But the pictures wont give you the true feeling of how bad the thing is. And i havent said that about ANY of the EM ships yet. The Attack Wing Borg Cube is FAR SUPERIOR IMO

#1677 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:37 AM

Yeah, that's why I warned against getting your hopes up ages ago, as everyone that had received it said it was awful. It's probably been added as a gimmicky extra (a glowing cube), but in a collection of starships with a focus on accuracy, it was a bit daft of them to include it in my opinion.

Now, without pissing you off even further, take another look at the one that Japan got, and you can easily realise why so many people have been asking for it:
De_Agostini_Japan_Borg_Cube_gift_premium

Better picture here: http://3.bp.blogspot...n+Borg+Cube.jpg

It's a little smaller than the UK/US one, but it's so much better, it's not even funny.

#1678 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

Ya I was never very excited for the US Cube, Borg Ships in general aren't that interesting to me. 

I would gladly display the Japanese Cube though, it is pretty good looking.  

#1679 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

Mamma mia, Goodfellas mocking me! Ah well, it's well deserved, never should've messed with Don Jay K. :)

That pic of the (JP) cube above is actually a composite of the ship taken with the overhead lights on and off. But even without the jiggery-pokery of P-shop, it smokes the UK one in every way, IMO. Wish they'd release it to the rest of the world!

I agree, EM's (UK) Borg Cube is quite disappointing. If you look at the prototype (link below), it had a lot more (over-chunky) molded detail but the flattened final production model with the white bits looks like cheap toy. Or that Borg fridge. If the final UK cube had been produced at the same size as the JP one, it probably would've looked a lot better.

http://vignette4.wik...&path-prefix=en

Not sure of further details about DeSalle, DJC. Maybe Jay knows more?

Has anyone been picking up copies of ships from later production runs? I wouldn't mind a "fixed" Defiant, Equinox, Voyager, etc. but I haven't gotten any yet. 

#1680 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:02 AM

Haha, all good man, really appreciate you and the guys over at Rebelscum in terms of pictures and news etc. Didn't know you were a member here until the other day, cool. :)

Regarding DeSalle, that reddit post basically nails it as far as I'm aware. The person could be extremely rude (without any provocation, trust me there), but I do hope that 'they' seek help, as the talent on display was unquestionable.

And about the corrected ships, I'd like to get a Defiant, but I'd need to see proof that ordering one from their website would mean getting it. I'm sure it would judging by how quickly they sell out, but that's something I'd consider doing towards the end of this year, just to be safe.

My collecting these ships will come to an end soon in terms of every single one, and then I'll be ordering directly from them for the occasional few (Raven and Shuttles for example).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users