• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#461 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

It does look pretty good, I do like the lighting differences compared to the NCC.

But it's not for me, I don't like having multiples of the same ship. Yes this is different, but it's not an upgrade over the current Excelsior.

#462 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

I haven't picked up an Excelsior yet (I like to pick up in person, so I can inspect etc, and Forbidden Planet are still charging £70 here in Liverpool...), but I may be tempted by the NX version. Given a choice, I'd have liked to have gotten the NCC version, as it's Captain Sulu, and I like the lit nacelles, but there's several things attracting me to this one:

1, the voice clips are hilarious (and Lt Hunter from Hill Street Blues!)

2, the bit that lights up just forward of the aft cargo bay/shuttle bay - gorgeous.

3, one impulse dome (preference, but I love it)

Lastly, and I only mention this due to seeing people moan about it elsewhere, but the nacelles have the little wings on them, ventral-aft. :)

#463 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:17 AM

I too am glad the warp engines aren't lit. I love the attention to detail, looks like the real deal. Funny, the saucer in the video looks as though it's pitched up, could just be the lighting. And yeah, I know it's only a prototype.

No, this is a final production sample.

#464 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

Ah, I see.

#465 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

Zach, you guys are really making this difficult for me... I don't usually go in for variants, particularly if it's the same ship (TOS/TMP Enterprise/A being a natural exception)... but damn, son! The NX-2000 is so damn attractive.

Just... just keep it in stock for a while, please. I'm pretty skint right now, but I might have some more disposable income in a few months.

#466 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

Never seen this particular version, a SDCC exclusive and limited to only 100 pieces.

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item1c5009b0d5

#467 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:59 AM

Yeah,last years exclusive. I got two but didn't keep them. Maybe I should and sold them on ebay,LOL! Not a fan of exclusives,but once every blue moon I come across one or three I like and end up getting one. STILL regret not buying at least ten of the Hallmark glow in the dark Defiant exclusive at NYCC the first year they were there. The stupid prices it's going for these days is absolutely ridiculous! 400 bucks is the cheapest I've seen it,and it was SOOO easy to pick up I could've easily got twenty of them,and only got six....for two or three other people. Madness!

Of course,if they did Max as an exclusive I'd be all over him! lol

J-R!

#468 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, that was the SDCC one. Soneone ^^^^^^was awesome and get me her from the con last year :) ^^^^^^

#469 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:32 AM

LOL! No probs. I just hope you were satisfied with them. And who knows,they might have something fun this year too!

J-R!

#470 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

We will!

DefiantOnes, you may have missed the exclusive discussion in the Excelsior thread last summer. It apparently did not warrant its own.

http://www.trektoy.c...ic=2420&p=76501

#471 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:31 PM

I tried Zach,I tried,lol! Guess a thread called SDCC Exclusives just wasn't good enough. Oh well,better luck next time.   LOL!

J-R!

#472 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

Hopefully this year's exclusive warrants its own thread, even if it is just a string of curse words followed by my name. :D

We're looking into making it available through other channels, though.

#473 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

Hopefully this year's exclusive warrants its own thread, even if it is just a string of curse words followed by my name. :D

We're looking into making it available through other channels, though.

Hints maybe?

#474 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

Hmm.

Defiant is my guess. NCC-1764, that is. That's the only exclusive where I feel there'd be so much demand, as to sell it through 'other channels'.

#475 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:07 PM

Hmm.

Defiant is my guess. NCC-1764, that is. That's the only exclusive where I feel there'd be so much demand, as to sell it through 'other channels'.

Hopefully it'd glow in the dark too. 

#476 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

Exactly, that would make it a perfect 'exclusive' that would also be big enough to warrant demand elsewhere (not just with completionists).

#477 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

Exactly, that would make it a perfect 'exclusive' that would also be big enough to warrant demand elsewhere (not just with completionists).

I'd certainly try to get one. Wouldn't pay ridiculous eBay prices, but i'd certainly try to get one. 

#478 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

Has any one put up pics after they purchased Excelsior or am I missing something?  I may get one for my soon to be five year old daughter.  She loves playing with mine.  She thought that the"Lasers" came out where the nacelles are lol.  It blew her mind when I told her those were the engines.

#479 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:50 AM

Has any one put up pics after they purchased Excelsior or am I missing something?  I may get one for my soon to be five year old daughter.  She loves playing with mine.  She thought that the"Lasers" came out where the nacelles are lol.  It blew her mind when I told her those were the engines.

When I was a little kid, I thought the engines of airplanes are big cannons, like on pirate ships :D

If my memory serves me correct, there are quite some pictures of the Excelsior back on the previous pages of this thread. I can totally recommend it, sturdy hard plastic (which is always good if a kid wants to play with it the ships), very nice paint job and crystal clear lights and sounds.

#480 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:21 AM

Oh yeah Zach,there WILL be a thread about any con exclusives,maybe even one for this ship! I did it last year and will do so again this year. Like they say,never give up,NEVER surrender! lol. And I think one the reasons my thread from last year was very......lackluster,was probably because it was a few years too soon. I mean,SDCC exclusives 2104?! lol! I'll get it right this time,even if I have to go back,or forward,in time.

Any hints? Well,I COULD come up with some,but it's April 1st so who would believe me. LOL!

And the ship is looking good! Just to stay on topic like,lol!

J-R!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users