Photo

DST SDCC Updates - Help a guy out

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm a little late to the party, but we haven't we seen an Enterprise-A released already? I thought this was a rerelease, not a new ship. Is that right?

Diamond Select Toys have never issued an Enterprise A. Art Asylum did back in 2003 but for DST to release theirs, the ships will be going through some revisions to bring it up to spec with the likes of the Enterprise E, D, B and Klingon Bird of Prey.

My guess is that this will be a similar treatment to what was given to the Enterprise E all be it with relevant (Undiscovered Country) sound FX as the original USS Enterprise A from Art Asylum only featured ship FX and not character voice clips.

What we have seen from DST is the use of the Enterprise A mold. They used the same mold as Art Asylum's Enterprise A to create their Wrath of Khan USS Enterprise. The hope is that their Enterprise A is significantly better than their Wrath of Khan Enterprise, sorting out the issues had with translucent plastics and OTT light bleed.

#22 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Light bleed was likely due to the pearlescent plastic. This one will not be pearlescent.

And we're treating it LIKE a new ship. LIKE. New paint, new sound. New tool is for the ship after that one. A couple are in progress, as far as I know.

#23 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

The A is hands down my fav off all the ships.

#24 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

The A is hands down my fav off all the ships.

My Second Fav....behind Excelsior, then Reliant is Third

#25 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

New tool is for the ship after that one. A couple are in progress, as far as I know.

Have you been able to repurpose any of the refit Enterprise parts to create the tool for the Reliant?  LIke the saucer section, nacelles, etc?

#26 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Okay Zach....can you atleast give us a teaser as to what Century the ship was from? That way it will start a buzz over here again! ?????

#27 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Does the ship end with the letters I, A, N, and T? :P

#28 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

I hear the next ship will indeed be the Defiant. A reissue of the TOS E in clear plastic with electronics removed.

#29 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

I hear the next ship will indeed be the Defiant. A reissue of the TOS E in clear plastic with electronics removed.

And so exclusive only one will be made and tossed into a Star Wars convention centre just to make it even harder for the dozens of Star Trek fans to get a hold of one... Later we will find it on ebay from user Zach Oat for 7 billion dollars... Only joking :)

Great news about the Enterprise A. Really looking forward to it and the Excelsior.

As for my favourite ship, for sentimental reasons it's got to be the Enterprise D and to be honest, it's hard to just pick one Star Trek ship because there have been so many awesome designs, the TOS Enterprise because it's revolutionary and without it none of the other Trek ships would have looked as good and I really love the new JJ Abrams Enterprise - as sacrilegious as that sounds to many here I just think that ship looks gorgeous, powerful and as if it could be used for peaceful exploration but could also defend itself. Plus I think it's a perfect marriage between the refit and the original Enterprises.

New ship from DST... Hands down the USS Defiant from Deep Space Nine. 13 inches long, in scale with the Bird of Prey, awesome. I would request though that with any new federation ship, you sculpt the windows into the hull. Whilst it's nice to have painted windows, if its a matter of one or the other then I'd go for sculpted windows all the time just because it adds so much to the ships - if people want them painted then its an easy fix, just get an HB pencil or a fine liner but to sculpt my own windows, well I'm just not that comfortable with a dremel...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users