• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

Hey folks...can't wait to see your pics from SDCC! Thanks in advance to everyone who posts their finds here...(or wherever...thought I'd get the ball rolling)

#2 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

This isn't really DST related, but it looks like we're getting Star Trek Into Darkness figures after all! Kirk and Spock are set to be unveiled by Square Enix at SDCC.

http://touch.tomopop...a27f5d9d0f9f63d

UPDATE: prototype pics!

http://news.toyark.c...ator-more-92804

StarTrek.com says these are 10" tall.

#3 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

So, any news of the Defiant/Reliant/any new ships? :)

#4 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

I posed the same question to DST via their Facebook page. According to the response, they will be revealing no new Star Trek items at the con.

#5 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Cool, thanks for the update dude. That's disappointing, I love having things to look forward to (even if they're years away, as they often are with these ships lol).

#6 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'm hoping we get a peek at the most recent version of the Select Picard.

#7 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

They will kill this line if they dont have new info ready when these big cons hit.

#8 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

I think it's sad they don't even have an image of the next ship (even if it's just a screen shot from an episode) because they'd surely want to keep the momentum there and keep the fans excited, Its too early and their product based on too older series to be pulling the JJ Abrams mystery box on us.

#9 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hopefully they'll have a mock up of the next ships at NYCC.

#10 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

Well in all fairness though, they have released ALOT of product lately, so they might still be trying to figure that kind of stuff out and might not really have a mockup yet. ALL HOPES is Reliant

#11 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

I can't remember where, I think it was an AskDST a few months back, but my Reliant hopes were dashed. Like I say, I can't remember the specifics any more, I just remember taking that off the list of suspects.

Which left one candidate: The Defiant.

I'm pretty confident in predicting that the next ship from DST will be the Defiant from DS9.

#12 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

In the Cloaked DST BoP thread Zach has possibly hinted that the next ship may indeed be the Defiant from DS9

#13 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

I dont think he was really hinting that, i think he was just trying to contrast the stripped down Cloaked Klingon ship with a ship that people would really be up in arms about if they couldnt get it. At least thats my opinion.

#14 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

True but he has a catalogue of ships to choose from so why pick the Defiant ;)

#15 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

Because I know a lot of people want it. That's all it was. (Making it as an exclusive is totally unrealistic anyway, as it's a unique mold. And any variants are far less famous, meaning it's a long shot even for retail inclusion. Yes, I said it.)

And we did show a new ship at SDCC -- the Enterprise A. DSTChuck has stated online that he would treat the A like a new ship, due to the work needed. It'll have new sounds, new paint, new tampo... And everybody seemed psyched to see it. (Not everybody has one.) So hopefully we didn't kill the line with our lack of reveals. :D

#16 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Enterprise A turns out. I really do want that one. Zach any idea on release for the A? I'm assuming 2014?

Also... Still sure the next new ship after the Excelsior and after the Enterprise A and a possible Bird of Prey variant(s) will be the Defiant ;)  Docking clamps disengaged, thruster's at station keeping, one half impulse, lay in a course for the wormhole, engage the cloak and all that magical stuff....

Also Zach, Please could you make the call on the bat-phone that we all need an IKS Rotarran variant BoP.

#17 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Also Zach, Please could you make the call on the bat-phone that we all need an IKS Rotarran variant BoP.

Uh, did you miss the meeting?
The SDCC Cloakrd BoP WAS the Rotarran!

#18 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Because I know a lot of people want it. That's all it was. (Making it as an exclusive is totally unrealistic anyway, as it's a unique mold. And any variants are far less famous, meaning it's a long shot even for retail inclusion. Yes, I said it.)

And we did show a new ship at SDCC -- the Enterprise A. DSTChuck has stated online that he would treat the A like a new ship, due to the work needed. It'll have new sounds, new paint, new tampo... And everybody seemed psyched to see it. (Not everybody has one.) So hopefully we didn't kill the line with our lack of reveals. :D

So if you're treating the A like a new ship, does that mean its getting a new mold?

#19 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

So if you're treating the A like a new ship, does that mean its getting a new mold?

I hope not since the mold is perfect, I just hope they can either use thicker plastic or do something to stop it from being translucent. 

The one thing I do hope for is for them to tweak it a little and redo the stand so that it's in line with the B and the Excelsior stands and they get rid of the extra play cover and use a peg and hole just like the more recent DST ships. 

#20 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm a little late to the party, but we haven't we seen an Enterprise-A released already? I thought this was a rerelease, not a new ship. Is that right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users