Photo

Show of hands - Who believes in aliens and that disclosure might be close?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

Im just curious how others here feel about all the talk about disclosure, sightings of UFOs, exoplanet discoveries etc. Ive always believed in the possibility of life elsewhere and have been captivated by the work of Dr Stephen Greer and more recently Tom Delonge of Blink 182 fame.

This is a recent announcement by Tom DeLonge that has me thinking:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=Zr9196VzOFw

#2 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

I have no problem believing in intelligent life elsewhere. It's the notion that they'd introduce themselves knowing how messed up we are that gets me. If I were going door to door in the search for extraterrestrial life and heard this kind of ruckus through the open windows, I sure as hell wouldn't knock.

#3 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

Definitely believe it. 

If governments out there do know the truth, I don't think disclosing it is the best idea unless there's an actual benefit from it. I imagine it'd cause more problems than it would fix. 

#4 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:23 AM

I do believe in Aliens, and not just because i like trek. In a universe as vast as our own it would be arrogant of us as a spices to believe we are the only “intelligent” life in it.

As far as disclosure I don’t think that is going to happen. 

#5 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Definitely believe there is life out there other than us. I also believe it's possible that they have found us and kept moving on due to us not being evolved enough. I also think that if there is proof from our government (or any other) that there have been aliens on earth and it were to come to light, no one would truly believe it. Everyone is so cynical and eager to yell "photoshop" that a ship would actually have to fly down from the heavens and drop aliens all over the place for anyone to really pay attention. And even then there would still be people that called it fake.

#6 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

Yup. It could be disclosed and people wouldn't believe it. Even Trekkies have grown that skeptical.

#7 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

I love how no one posted in this for a day, and now almost all of us regulars have come in and basically acknowledged that yes, we follow it! haha :D

If you want to dig into the topic for yourself, I'd suggest these avenues of approach:

Nick Cook (read up on who he is, what he was, and the topics he's covered). I especially recommend his book, 'The Hunt for Zero Point'.

Jacques Vallée.

George Knapp. He's the Las Vegas reporter who broke the infamous Bob Lazar story back in the late 80's. The things he's covered are absolutely fascinating, such as the ranch owned by Robert Bigelow, which leads me to...

Robert Bigelow. Search what he's been up to, and what he has interests in.

Steven Greer is someone I watch purely to give me a good laugh to be honest (I love the topic so much, that even the charlatans/batshit voices are highly entertaining). The only reason I mention him here, is that some of the people he brought forward in 2001's Disclosure Project press conference are fantastic - others are...not. lol

As for Tom DeLonge, well I'm intrigued by his announcement (purely due to the people he's had contact with as seen in the leaked Podesta emails, and at the press conference the other day), but I'd like to hear and see more, first. His idea of making films/tv shows out of some of the stories in this 'area' are very welcome, as even the most unbelievable/ridiculous tales would make for some great sci-fi viewing (the last season of the X-Files dipped its toe in these waters a little bit).

So yeah, I love the topic, have followed it intensely since I was very young (over twenty-five years now), and my overall conclusion is that it's HIGHLY entertaining!

EDIT: Just one last thing, but to reap the rewards from following this topic (and I know this is something I don't have to explain here by the looks of it), go in with an open-but-sceptical mind. Basically, don't write it off as easily as some people do, but don't fall victim to some of the utter nonsense around this topic. Whilst I'll staunchly defend the entertainment value of the latter, it really does do great harm to this subject at the same time, and no one fits that category more than Steven Greer. Granted, he's done some really good things such as bringing a lot of credible voices out of the shadows, but he's also done a lot of really damaging things; the first one that comes to mind was him posting an out-of-focus picture of a moth on his website (taken on a really dark night with a huge camera flash), and claiming that it was a 'Light Being'.
So aye, just a word of advice from someone who loves the topic, and has been into it for decades. :)

#8 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

All the feedback so far is pretty much my same view on the subject. I think that intelligent life from other worlds more than likely is following some prime directive to not interfere. This leads to my next three questions - 1) Has anyone here witnessed any strange aerial craft that defied your beliefs in it being terrestrial in nature? 2) What do you think your personal reactions would be if aliens were to reveal their reality? 3) How does everyone here feel about Dr Stephen Greer, Tom DeLonge, Georgio Tsoukalas, etc ( Basically the UFO hunters) ? Charlatans? Or genuine forward thinkers?

#9 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

I'm a huge paranormal topic follower. Not just aliens and extraterrestrial life but ghosts, cryptids and others as well. While I'm a skeptic and try to find logical explanations for a lot of things Ive also experienced enough to believe in a lot too. I don't think every claim out there is legit but I do beleve that some are.

#10 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

Im going to add this to my last post too, just a further thought. I would love to see a Star Trek episode dealing with a society as divided as ours is now dealing with a disclosure/first contact type scenario. We had some episodes which kind of touched on the subject, but nothing so grandiose as to what Im sure the whole affair, when it occurs here on Earth will be. I want to see something where encountering the Federation actually averts a whole cataclysmic war like our situation in this time, not post apocalyptic similar to first contact with the Vulcans. I want to see how beings not governed by logic on both sides deal with all the drama. Would the Federation be viewed as gods, fallen angels or rationally by a race that embraces both scientific and spiritual.

#11 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

I'd imagine an episode like that couldn't take place after the Prime Directive is in place. 

Our best bet for that would have been during Enterprise, and POSSIBLY Discovery. 

#12 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

I've always been intrigued by the thought of Aliens from other world's existing and possibly visiting Earth, in the present or in the past. Back in the 1970's, I enjoyed watching In Search of.... Hosted by Leonard Nimoy , and other shows that speculated about Aliens existing and visiting us.Ive seen many documentaries over the years about Aliens, ancient aliens, Roswell, Area 51 and so forth . The problem that i have with these things is that for every documentary I see that claims one thing, there is another that disputes it and says something else. It's the same with another topic of interest for me, The JFK assassination. Almost every documentary or book you see or read makes different claims. I am a skeptical person and I don't just believe every thing I read or see so it's frustrating to form an educated opinion on aliens. As a Christian, I do believe that there is a supernatural dimension where spiritual beings operate and occasionally there seems to be interaction between supernatural and natural worlds which usually results encounters that people categorize as a "Ghost" encounter . In the supernatural dimension there are good and evil entities which many call Angels and Demons. I wonder how many sightings of aliens can really be attributed to a supernatural entity from the spirit realm rather than beings from other planets? The jury is still out.

#13 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

Interesting point about the difficulty of forming an opinion on the existence of aliens without irrefutable proof, in which case eyewitness reports can all be dismissed. I recently witnessed along with my children a triangular shaped UFO one night while driving over the Atchafalaya Basin on I-10 in Louisiana. For people unfamiliar with the region, this is a raised portion of highway over swampland between Lafayette and Baton Rouge. A wide open area in some places with a full 360°, panoramic field of view. When I first noticed the object as I was driving eastward it was hovering north-east of the highway. As a former National Guard member I had assumed that what I was seeing was either a small plane or Blackhawk helicopter. As I came closer to the object It appeared to be on a slow flight path southwest, diagonally crisscrossing this portion of the highway. At this time of night there wasnt much traffic. I slowed down to about 5 miles per hour and lowered my windows as it was now apparent this was no aircraft I had ever encountered. This craft made absolutely no noise as it crossed the night. There were no running lights, only the lights at each tip of the triangle and one in the center. After the craft got over us I could no longer see it in my field of view or in my mirrors. I never saw it as it cleared my passenger side field of view, but my children stated that it seemed as if whatever it was it had went straight up out of their point of view. None of us were frightened or felt that we were in any danger. We saw no aliens. In the time since that incident Ive looked online to see if any others reported such an incident around that time and I found a couple of other reports. Ive also found YouTube videos of the alleged Top Secret TR-3B and Ive no doubt that this is what the object was. I just dont know if this was one of ours or theirs.

#14 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

Sorry, in that big long paragraph I failed to leave out the whole point. The only real proof for most of our kind, is witnessing such things for ourselves. Then and only then can we come to our own conclusion.

#15 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

Sorry, in that big long paragraph I failed to leave out the whole point. The only real proof for most of our kind, is witnessing such things for ourselves. Then and only then can we come to our own conclusion.

But this sounds like a top secret aircraft used by people here on Earth. To those that have never seen it before they may believe it to be an extraterrestrial craft operated by aliens but it is just a top secret Earth aircraft. How many people may have become completely convinced of aliens because if an encounter like yours that wasn't even an alien craft?

#16 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:20 PM

Aliens may in fact exist, but there are so many con artists out there trying to convince you of something that isn't true, it's hard to distinguish which is true and which is false. People don't know if Bigfoot exists or not because people fake pictures and so it's hard to know what's real.

#17 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

Wow bgiles73, that sounds like a fascinating sighting! I think a lot of my thoughts have also been echoed by most of everyone else’s posts. Lately I’ve been thinking that a crazy advanced race would have likely left their biological selves behind, either by natural organic evolution or transferring their consciousness into some kind of digital world. I still hope there are others out there visiting us the old school way.

#18 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

I wish I wouldnt have been driving so that I could have filmed it with my iPhone. I do believe some of these are military, but I strongly believe we are not alone. I believe we are nearing a point where more people will awaken to the notion and a new Age of Enlightenment will be upon us. I think when those that would keep us in the dark ages will see that their time is up, that the future will not yield to backwards compatibility and like the Neanderthal they will fade into history. I do believe that good and evil are universal, but I dont think that a society that has found the resources to bridge the gaps between star systems would do so to steal the resources of more primitive worlds. Id be more concerned about them coming to discipline our child race.

#19 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:32 PM

I am not saying that aliens aren't real but there are a lot of people that are too willing to believe in anything these days. The heavens gate cult firmly believed a spaceship was coming to get them and they all killed themselves in order to be ready to be picked up.I don't know for sure, but I would think they might need those bodies they left behind all dressed identically with the same tennis shoes on and all when they got to where the spaceship was taking them.
I'm not saying that all people that believe in aliens are crackpots,I'm saying you have to be careful and research things before you put stock in it.

#20 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

I agree Vulcan Fanatic, that whole comet cult thing was pretty scary. I cant understand how cult leaders like that one and Jim Jones can be so influential. Ive never been a follower though. I know that in the same situation where an alien or god shows up, I will be skeptical like JTK! What does God need with a starship?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users