62 replies to this topic

#1 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

Hey folks...

Just wanted to start a thread...isn't Toy Fair soon? I'm VERY curious to know what's there...and of course what isn't...in the DST booth. Any prelim info to whet the appetite would be great and as people find pictures online, if they could post the links. Or, if you go and take your own, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see them.

#2 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:36 PM

I think it starts on the 13th or the 15th.

As far as Star Trek figures I believe we are only seeing some new Retro items.

They should have some ships & Trek Tek stuff too I guess.

#3 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:46 AM

If you are going and bring a camera can you take as many pictures as possible and from as many angles of the Trek Stuff for me to put on the Ref Site...cuz sometimes it is really hard to get good pictures of some of the stuff. Like the Romulan Centurian last year, there werent too many good pictures of him.

#4 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

http://www.cooltoyre...ooth_129522.asp

Did they even bring any Trek stuff to the show?

#5 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

No figures shown, yet.

Klingon Disruptor: http://www.cooltoyre...DST/image18.asp

Ent-B: http://www.cooltoyre...DST/image25.asp

Bird of Prey: http://www.cooltoyre...DST/image27.asp

Minimates TOS Shuttle w/ damaged Spock: http://www.cooltoyre...DST/image75.asp

EDIT:

Looks like a Mego Chapel: http://www.cooltoyre...DST/image19.asp

#6 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:19 AM

Man , that Klingon Disruptor and BoP looks sweet! ::drools::

#7 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:22 AM

Sweeeeet. note however the lack of the WOK comm... not that surprising, yet sad. But the rest......... Awwwwwwwwwwwsome

#8 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:46 AM

Yes I notice there is a Chapel there albeit a Mego version , Gotheno there may be hope for you after all! smile.gif

#9 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:22 AM

Looks like more E-B pics

http://toynewsi.com/...hp?itemid=15463

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Feb 15 2010, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I notice there is a Chapel there albeit a Mego version , Gotheno there may be hope for you after all! smile.gif

If its a EMC MEGO Repo then its not what I want sad.gif I don't care for the quality of the the Repos... but alas I may have to get it because it would be the only Nurse Chapel I'd have...

#11 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:16 AM

Looks like those ships aren't far off being the productiion versions. Hopefully we'll see them soon.

#12 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:43 AM

So... looks like we might be seeing more new Mego Repos this year...

I went by Toy Fair this afternoon to check out Emce's booth and get a first-hand look the new figures. I see that most of the figrues have already been posted, so I'll limit my pics.

OTHER NEWS- Diamond Select wouldn't let me take pictures, but they did have the two new fantastic 8-inch Retro lines.

Star Trek- They had 4 new Mego-inspired figures- Christopher Pike, Marta, Nurse Chapel and the Salt Monster! They looked pretty good witht he Salt Monster being a pretty faithful reproduction. Chapel's sculpt was pretty good actually, but Marta's was a bit wanting. (In fact, Maybe it wasn't Marta. Marta was the green woman played by Yvonne C i realraig, right?)

From the Mego Central Forums..
http://www.megomuseu...ead.php?t=37254

#13 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:21 AM

I love that mini-mate shuttle!!!

anyone else see the date on the BoP label? 2011!!!! where as the Enterprise B is supposed to be out November '10? i thought we'd get the BoP first??

#14 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:04 AM

Dangit. I don't really care much for the Megos and wish that would just end. Is that supposed to be some kind of consolation for Wave 5? Ships look cool, and I might go for the disruptor (haven't bought any tech yet besides the AA ENT tech).

Love the pictures, complete with "no pictures" signs. ;p

Oh, and didn't they say in a Q&A recently that Trek mini-mate vehicles were out of the question or something? Well, if they make that, I'm in. It looks significantly less idiotic than their other (BSG, BTTF, etc) vehicles. Spock will have a hard time getting in/out through that tiny door though...

#15 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

Mego Pike made it into this shot:
http://picasaweb.goo...332840721243906

I can't believe DST didn't have any Trek figures there. (or BSG for that matter)

#16 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

I'm not a fan of the Klingon disruptor. I'll buy one, but I won't be anticipating it. The price looks a bit high, too. Especially since it's not a "two for one" like the Federations phasers that have the removable P1's. Maybe we'll get a Klingon comm out of this as well or a "P1" as seen in The Voyage Home.

I do, however, like that BOP. Having the landing gear is a nice touch, too. I hope the wings are able to move up and down as well.

What's happened to the TWOK comm?? The silence is deafening!

#17 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:22 PM

WOW the E-B looks awsome but damn!! $50 bucks to me thats a little too expensive, good thing new force has good offers on this so im cool with it.

#18 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:45 PM

Wow! Just when I was starting to worry about DST they go and show this stuff at Toyfair. If they manage to release all of those items that they've announced, I'll consider it "Redemption" for canceling Sisko+Command Chair and the Maltz/Kruge two-pack, but if they cancel any of those items, they're going to want to stay away from the swarm of angry Klingons on this forum who didn't get their supply of ships and disruptors. Anyway, as for what was shown and what wasn't shown, let touch on everything briefly.

Not shown:
The TWOK Comm: I have a theory about this. ToyFair is supposed to be where toy companies show off their new products. We've already seen the TWOK Comm, so maybe they opted not to show it again and are going to release it soon, or opted not to show it again because it's no close enough to being ready for release. While it's true that DST could have canceled it, (this wouldn't be the first, second, third, fourth, or even 40th time,) I don't think that this would be the kind of toy that they'd drop; Trek Tek is supposedly doing well. It looked like DST's booth was smaller than usual, so I'm hoping that they really just didn't show the TWOK Comm, and haven't actually canceled it; maybe they're saving it for 2012 to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of TWOK or something.

U.S.S. Excelsior: I was admittedly surprised that we didn't see this ship given the fact that it was announced alongside the Enterprise-B. My guess is that DST either A) realized that the design is different enough from the Enterprise-B for the Excelsior to stand on its own, and not just be a "production variant," cool.gif that they've already found someone willing to pick it up as an exclusive, or C) they revised the order that they're releasing their ships in, and this will follow the BOP and be the "NCC-2000" (rather than NX-2000) version of the ship to go with the BOP as part of an "Undiscovered Country" line.

Shown:
Klingon Disruptor: DST don't cancel this! As soon as I saw the disruptor my jaw hit the floor; my Playmates disruptor is in my bedroom, but it's kind of beaten up and ratty from when I was a kid, and I was just thinking how awesome a DST version would be. This is also a good Trek Tek choice because the disruptor isn't TOS-era or TNG-era specific so it probably satisfies everyone. While I'd admittedly prefer 24th Century Trek Tek first, alien Trek Tek seems to generally get the shaft, so I'd rather see DST produce this now than not at all. Besides, this could be considered "24th Century Trek Tek," so I guess I'm getting my wish. wink.gif

Enterprise-B: I think DST has re-arranged their release schedule; originally it was supposed to be Klingon BOP 2010, Enterprise-B 2011, and Excelsior variant 2011, but now it looks like Enterprise-B 2010, Klingon BOP 2011, and Excelsior as a variant in 2011 or a standalone ship in 2012

#19 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:52 PM

WOK Comm- I think they might have canceled this since it really isn't that recognizable of a prop. I have a ME one and half of the people I show it too don't even know its from Trek. Its pretty obscure... not that I am hoping it is canceled, I'm just not getting any hopes up. Oh well, theres still 3 more days left, who knows...

#20 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:25 PM

I think the lack of any action figures just shows that they don't have much (if any) retail support for action figures.

The model they have to re-coupe investment on Ships and Role-Play seems to work, and the continued support of these types of items is exactly what I expected.

I'll probably get the Repo Chapel... only because it would be the only Chapel I'd have in any scale... but the rest of the repos don't really interest me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users