7 replies to this topic

#1 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:29 PM

hello all...
I believe I have the go ahead to release some news...we will be offering an exclusive and VERY limited "Red" Data (as seen in Chain of Command) next year...but this will be a very special offer. We are working on the details now, so stay tuned for an official announcement.
rick

#2 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

Just received a update from Rick@NFC's and thought I would post a update on the RSD and some of the other figures updates. If this should bring up more questions, than answers, please feel free to contact Rick via pm or e-mail. I've provided a link at the bottom of the quote for anyone who wants to contact him via e-mail wink.gif

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Jan 14 2007, 09:00 PM)
hello all...

Just a quick update.
Wave 3 is scheduled to arrive into the US end of this month. We are 95% presold out, so if you have delayed in preordering, you might want to place that order now (with us, your local comic shop, or your favorite e-tailer).

We have added wave 4 (Crusher/Q wave) presells to our TNG Star Trek catalog at www.newforcecomics.com.
We have also added the All Good Things Data/LaForge 2 pack, as well as the Space See Kirk/Khan 2 pack for preorder.
We will add the landing party statues very soon.

Lastly, I wanted to touch base on exclusive Chain of command "red" data we will have first of Feb (eta). ...here is a post I made on the Art Asylum message boards that kind of sums up details for now:

just a quick update....the "red" data is VERY limited...we will not "sell" it, so to speak, but rather, will initially use as a "promotional giveaway" to assist us in selling through our Nemesis Riker and Troi 2 pack, that, quite honestly, we over ordered on. We knew the 2 pack was such a cool set, and we had to get it out to the marketplace, otherwise it might not have seen the light of day in its current form...however, I overestimated our ability to sell through (we are in the red/loss on this set right now, so we needed help)....so, DST has come to our aid, and produced a very limited quantity of Carded Chain of Command "red" Data's for us to buy, to offer to customers that purchase a set(s) of our overstocked Nemesis 2 pack sets.
Now, many will say, "Hey, I already bought "x" number of sets, do I get a red data?"...unfortunately, all the sets that have already been purchased, were sets we expected to sell, etc...The whole purpose of the red data (and the only reason it was produced) was to assist us in selling current unsold inventory...we do thank all our customers and friends for all their support,and will ask for it one more time....Soooooooo, basically we have taken the Riker/Troi 2 pack to regular SRP of $30 (since we have to absorb the cost of the red data now, and our only motivation on this promotion is to break even at this point), and once we receive the red data's in late January, early February, we will adjust the website to note that with any purchase of a Riker/Troi 2 pack, you will receive a "free" Red Data exclusive carded figure....so, I guess one way to look at it, is that we could probably easily sell all the red data's at $30 each (and just discard the extra Riker/Trois sets, as our cost will be covered from the profit from the red data sale), but that is not the point of the promotion....buy the Nemesis 2 pack, and if you already own, give it away and keep the red data figure, or use the figures for customs, or donate to Toys for Tots, etc...
basically, we were looking for the best "win" situation for both us, and our customers...

So, that is all we have to update for the current time, but stay tuned for more details.

thanks,
Rick(click here to e-mail), www.newforcecomics.com

#3 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:24 PM

hello all..
thanks...keep in mind, we are NOT offering the data offer yet (some folks have ordered the R/T now thinking the data would come later)....
we will post to site, email update, etc when we are ready to take orders, etc
thanks
rick

#4 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

Rick posted this over in the AA/DST topic with the same name, but I thought I would post it here too, enjoy smile.gif

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Feb 23 2007, 06:58 PM) View Post

hello all...
ok, the Red Datas are in the US...just waiting on clearance and shipping info...the day we are scheduled to receive them and I confirm with the trucking company that they are out for delivery to us, we will "create" a new listing in our TNG catalog (www.newforcecomics.com, click Star Trek, click AA/DST, click TNG)....it will be right there at the top...and yes, I am not anticipating that we will sell all 1000 the first day or even the first week....I have a pretty good grasp on our customer base and even our non customer base....that said, i will reserve some for anyone that might initially miss out, but I would anticipate it take about a month to sell out...at first, it will only be available on the reg set...I will likely make available on the SDCC set to, but I only have a handful of those left, so that is really "mute"....
my best "guess" is next Wednesday is the earliest we would have...I can say for sure not Monday....
rick

#5 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:05 PM

Oh we are always the Red Headed Step Child. LOL tongue.gif

Glad to hear that they are almost here though!! biggrin.gif

#6 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:47 PM

In case everyone missed the announcement in the DST/AA forum biggrin.gif

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Mar 1 2007, 11:56 AM) View Post

hello all
Order one of our exclusive Nemesis Riker and Troi 2 packs, and for a very limited time, you will receive one Chain of Command "Red" Data figure for FREE, with each purchase. Due to the nature of this offer, we are unable to combine with any other item, and supply is extremely limited. Product is located in the TNG catalog of the AA/DST master calalog within the Star Trek link at www.newforcecomics.com
thanks
rick

#7 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for posting that Don, I'm glad that you saw it.

#8 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:13 AM

Luckily I had alot of e-mails to answer at the time sad.gif So it was just pleasant happinstance tongue.gif Rick, glad to hear these are doing well for your promotion. Good luck and thanks for all the years of Trek product wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users