• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

I ordered an NX-2000 Excelsior from them and received one with a saucer that was bent skyward and stress fractures in the plastic. Over spray on the saucer and too little spray on the neck, so you could see bare plastic through the lack of paint. Not only did I have to spend time and money sending the damned thing back, but now they won't send me a replacement! Thankfully they're refunding the order, but I'm still out $5 and change for service charges. On top of that they claimed that the model wasn't broken, when any idiot with eyeballs in their head could clearly see it was! I don't see the point in them lying about it either, since they have to either refund the order or send a new one. The only thing they've gained is the loss of a frequent return customer and one that is going to suggest that others be wary of buying from them as well. All that over a lie, or, excuse me, a "difference of opinion".

Just beware of buying from "Big bad toy store". If you get something of poor quality it'll be a hassle securing a return.

Good luck.

#2 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:24 PM

Wow.  I have never had an issue with BBTS and I have ordered from them for years. That being said I never sent an item back I did have one or 2 that were not up to par but all in all I have never had a bad experience with them.  sorry to hear you are.

#3 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

Thanks Worf, I appreciate it. I hope you continue to have positive experiences. :)

#4 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

Same here.  Ive ordered a few things and had no issue but never had to return any thing.   That always sucks to hear some one deal with crap when they get a bad item.

#5 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:09 PM

I've ordered plenty from them. The biggest problem I ever had was ordering something from them, then returning the same-ish item back to a store (same figure, less accessories than BBTS version), then BBTS cancelled my order because they didn't get enough in. It really ticked me off, and now you can't get any version of the figure for a decent price. Partly my fault, but I'm still a bit upset at BBTS. Regardless, I do continue to order and haven't had any problems aside from!

#6 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:59 PM

BBTS once sent me 2 DST season 7 Picards instead of 1 Picard and 1 season 7 Troi in uniform. I didn't mind, though, because they sent me a Troi and I ended up getting to keep the extra Picard and I still have it MOC on my wall.

#7 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:07 PM

I've been buying from BBTS for years and have never had a problem. They have always been very good with me about fixing damaged figures from orders.

#8 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:48 PM

Yeah Joel at bbts has always been top notch for me. I've had to return items because they arrived broken and never had an issue. But that bing said I guess everyone has execution issues. Sorry for your hassle... But I wouldn't title the thread the way you did... Think it s fair to say you had a negative experience but I'm a solid customer . I like their service . They've done well by me. I'll continue to use them.

#9 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

Ditto!

J-R!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users