5 replies to this topic

#1 gibbspaulus

gibbspaulus

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:18 AM

Hi Guys,

Here in the Uk we have two major fair/shows, Memorabilia and Collectormania. They're really just big shopping and autograph affairs with minimal nods to panels. A few years back a rival was set up called Expo, based ten minutes from my home in East London. Over time the balance of these events has become more and more about Anime and Manga with a huge emphasis on gaming and cosplay. I still go along cause it's so near and I can usually pick up a few bits.

However I avoid the autographs generally cause it never seems to attract me. However I caved this time because this weekend's main guest was Marina Sirtis! I HAD to get her autograph. She didn't have a queue so we were able to have a quick chat (no posed photo together though). I remoinded her of a TV appearance she made over here when TNG was in season two (it hadn't even aired in the Uk at that time). We only had two breakfast TV stations then and she appeared on the fun one. She ended up doing the cookery slot with the resident chef who was insane! Anyway, she remembered some of it and seemed happy to have her memory jogged for the rest, even with bad jetlag!

And the evidence....

#2 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:21 AM

She ,as with the rest of us, are certainly aging.

Perhaps if she wore her hair like she did in Encounter at Farpoint she'd look younger. Maybe? Maybe?
wink.gif

#3 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

Well, take into consideration she doesn't have her screen make-up team working for her at these events. She is still a beautiful woman. I just wish she hadn't had the plastic surgery that gave her the Joker grin.

My thing is ... my god has her chest always been that big???? I've never noticed!

#4 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Oct 22 2007, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My thing is ... my god has her chest always been that big???? I've never noticed!

I was scared to comment on that because of our PG rating, but since YOU did...

SHE IS HUGE!!! ohmy.gif Where did this come from?!?

#5 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:16 AM

^^^Good grief ~ Marina and I are looking more and more alike as time passes ~ espcially in a couple of areas!

Geez, I thought mine were heading South... blink.gif Not a good look in a low-cut top, bless her!

#6 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Oct 22 2007, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[font="Comic Sans MS"]She ,as with the rest of us, are certainly aging.

I know part of it, as was said, has to do with makeup, but this topic just kicked my brain into a tangent... when do you think the TNG crew looked their best. For me, with the exception of Troi, I think most of them looked their best in season 3. (I would say Troi around season 6/7...)

And speaking of Troi specifically, I don't know what it is, but I absolutely loved this look on her (courtesy of Trekcore):

http://movies.trekco...ch4/gen0293.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users