Photo

Mego Corporation Revival - Could this mean new Star Trek toys?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#121 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:44 AM

From what I've gathered talking to Target employees I do not believe manufacturers get charged back for clearance. They've told me that each store has a set budget for how much they're allowed to clearance to move whatever they need to. I've seen stores clearance brand new items and things that sell pretty well, that certainly wouldn't be fair to manufacturers. With Mego some stores are clearancing it and others are not. I've also noticed it seems to have been selling pretty well, this was kind of surprising to me, I didn't really expect the Mego stuff to be that popular.

#122 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:38 PM

yeah I don't know the inner workings of Stores... my only understanding is that it depends on the contract... and if some items don't sell and they de-list the sku the manufacture may have the choice to take back the product... replace product with something that sells... or allow it to be put on clearance... and, again I suppose it depends on the contract, if clearanced the store had an expectation of a sales point so the manufacture has to make that up... which can be brutal. 

I read a pretty good article that said The new Mego did 12 Million in sales this year, and expects it to grow... also that the the bulk of the sales are not for kids... but are being made by adult collectors. 

I would suspect that sales are better in some areas than others then... and would not be surprised if they focus on the stores where sales are good... which is to say, they may not carry them in low volume stores, but we'll see what they do!

#123 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:04 AM

Thinkgeek has stores and they are now part of GameStop so there should be a Thinkgeek section in GameStop stores eventually. Thinkgeeks website is now gone since joining with GameStop.

#124 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:57 AM

I kinda think of gamestop as a boutique shop... maybe one of the last of such... toy selection is spotty and overpriced. Its main function of course is to sell video games... but its been in decline for years now.

#125 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:27 PM

I guess we should be getting TWOK figures soon. Hope I dint over extend myself, when the preorder comes through. I think I might keep them in package, until I see the rest of the TOS crew.
No one is talking about them? Or has everyone left the building?

#126 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:50 AM

Target should be stocking Mego figures again soon, some have already put them out . They will be in the collectibles section instead of the toy section. There will be the Wave 6 Star Trek Kirk, Spock with Tribbles and Glow in the dark Gorn.There should be the Dracula, Frankenstein and Wolfman figures and some others as well.

#127 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:52 AM

I guess we should be getting TWOK figures soon. Hope I dint over extend myself, when the preorder comes through. I think I might keep them in package, until I see the rest of the TOS crew.
No one is talking about them? Or has everyone left the building?

I am eagerly awaiting the Mego Wave 7 TWOK figures, they should be available in the next couple of weeks or so through online dealers and possibly other places.

#128 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:27 AM

I may be wrong, but I think everyone left the building. I keep checking in hoping for some news but that doesn't look like it's going to happen...not just in the Mego forum.

#129 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:22 PM

This forum doesn't seem to care much about Mego, but there are other forums that do.Try some Facebook groups.

#130 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:23 AM

Trektoy.com/forum is not only for Mego, or galoob, or playmates, or "everything else" it was for everyone ...but some members seemed to have a little too much dictatorship attitude towards their own opinion and honestly the arguments drove me away. The divide drove me away. Just like when this was an AA forum, I still lurk but I don't see a momentum swing for this to be a Trek Coffee Shop again.

#131 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:13 PM

Trektoy.com/forum is not only for Mego, or galoob, or playmates, or "everything else" it was for everyone ...but some members seemed to have a little too much dictatorship attitude towards their own opinion and honestly the arguments drove me away. The divide drove me away. Just like when this was an AA forum, I still lurk but I don't see a momentum swing for this to be a Trek Coffee Shop again.

This forum definitely isn't what it was 13 years ago when I joined it. I was a Member of the Art Asylum forum starting about 16 years ago and when it bit the dust some of us came here and it thrived for awhile but it's been a long time since then. I just check in but there isn't much to talk about that I'm interested in. I spend more time in other groups, talking about Star Trek , toys and Mego in particular.

#132 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:27 PM

The Mego wave 7 TWOK figures are out, got mine a few days ago. The headsculpts and uniforms are outstanding.

#133 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:24 PM

I may be wrong, but I think everyone left the building. I keep checking in hoping for some news but that doesn't look like it's going to happen...not just in the Mego forum.

Well... part of the issue is there just isn't much to talk about with respect to new Trek Toy Merchandise these days.

Seems like there was a bit of a flurry when McFalane announced its intentions, but we didn't get much out o the that... and for fans of action figures or role play... its just a big goose egg :-( 

Heck DST is going 4 years to make a TNG Phaser and McFarlane backed out of the DISCO phaser... 

Eaglemoss and Mego seem to be the only shining stars... and if your not a fan of them there's not much to talk about!

I Can (and have) thrown my two cents in on Mego... but they honestly aren't my bag and don't excite me... 

But I guess I don't get why you let some folks opinion dissuade you... its true we had some people that were very opinionated and passionate... and I can say I too sometimes found them to be a bit much... heck maybe some folks don't care for my opinion... but the forum had a solution to that.. which was you could put some people on "Ignore"... and sometimes when I needed a break for some folks... thats what I would do. To your point though with so little folks posting or contributing to threads... thats a but of a moot point these days.  

#134 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:00 AM

So as I am really lazy and I'm sure there are some very organised people out there.... does anyone have a definitive list of all the newly released figures? I've some but need to complete the collection.

#135 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:51 AM

So as I am really lazy and I'm sure there are some very organised people out there.... does anyone have a definitive list of all the newly released figures? I've some but need to complete the collection.

There are lists on the Mego museum forum. I dont keep a list of them because I generally only buy the Star Trek Mego's but I know all of the most recent figure releases. Wave 7 included TWOK Kirk, Spock and Khan. Wave 7 included monsters, The headless Horseman, Egyptian Mummy, Phantom of the Opera and Pennywise from "It". I think the case included Freddy Krueger as well.

#136 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 04:08 AM

Cheers for this. Should have explained myself properly. I actually meant a list of the Star Trek ones.

#137 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:37 AM

So... was at my local Target today and I see they did actually put out Mego Products again... they may have actually been out awhile, but I didn't see them because they put them in a collectibles section behind electronics instead of in the actual Toy Section.

Anyway... saw a couple more Gorns... A Romulan Commander and an Uhura.... so... I guess they finally put out Wave 2 stock they may have had? 

#138 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 08:35 PM

Likely the Gorns, Romulan Commander and Uhura were the Wave 5 and 6 versions. They placed these in the collectibles section where the Funko Pop figures are a couple of months ago .

#139 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:39 AM

I thought that might have been the case... I just didn't see them until recently... seems like they stuck them (and the funky items) in the darkest corner of the store! Maybe its just atet store?

#140 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 06:58 AM

I've noticed the Walmarts, like Target, if they are carrying the Mego's aren't placing them in the toy section, but over in the electronics section... near the vinyl albums... I saw a TWOK Kirk and Khan and some LOTR Megos yesterday... they really look like fun figures, and seem well done! Anyhow if your looking for them in Walmart, they aren't nefessially in the toy section!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users