• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

In the latest email from New Force, Rick says he will have an exclusive role-play toy but can't reveal what it is until things are finalized with DST. Any speculation as to what it might be? I'm thinking it has to be the TOS geological tricorder since HMS reported they had prototyped it for DST, but it had not yet been picked up by any retailers. Or it could be a TMP variant of the upcoming TWOK phaser.

#2 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:47 AM

I dunno, but it makes tingly! biggrin.gif

#3 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (knightone @ Jan 15 2009, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the latest email from New Force, Rick says he will have an exclusive role-play toy but can't reveal what it is until things are finalized with DST. Any speculation as to what it might be? I'm thinking it has to be the TOS geological tricorder since HMS reported they had prototyped it for DST, but it had not yet been picked up by any retailers. Or it could be a TMP variant of the upcoming TWOK phaser.

Hey all,

Well I would have said the geological tricorder would be a safe bet, but that's just me.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#4 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (knightone @ Jan 15 2009, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello all...
DST actually approached us about both of the above mentioned role play... doesn't mean that ours is one of those 2, but I think eventually we will see both of those (and maybe a few others) make their way into the marketplace...
rick

#5 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:12 AM

Hmm...assuming it's not a brand new piece, then I'm going to guess it's a mangled TOS phaser with exclusive Khan in security uniform. It's the only phaser variant that hasn't been made yet. biggrin.gif

#6 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ Jan 15 2009, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The TMP variant of the TWOK phaser was my first guess.

#7 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

What about the ST3 phaser....wasn't that mentioned somewhere? If Rick got the Maltz/Kruge 2-pack to be a NFC exclusive....the phaser would seem to fit too.

#8 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

I thought the ST3 phaser was just a rumor. I don't remember anyone officially saying anything about it.

And I think I'd remember, since that's my favorite phaser design.

#9 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

Not official? Oh, bummer. Its not my favorite design, but pretty cool and worth having.

#10 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

The ST3 was just a rumor. Nothing official. Even if they are really considering it, it's not written in stone until DST officially announces it. Exclusives are usually variants of main releases since a role-play toy costs so much more to produce than figures, the cost would be too prohibitive for a retailer to take on themselves, so I doubt it would be a completely new piece like the ST3 phaser. But who knows.

With TRU releasing a DS9 T&T version of the TOS phaser, I can't think of any TOS phaser variants that are left to do. Is there a communicator variant that is possible?

#11 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

Well not for the Communicators...

But For Tricorders, there is the Classic Version, the Medical Version and there is the Geological Version.

#12 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

Probably the geological tricorder then, they gotta milk that mold. Classic communicator with all new phrases maybe then if not?

#13 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

We'll just have to see =)

#14 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:08 AM

Rick said above that is isn't necessarily the two I mentioned (Geo Tric or TMP phaser). Although he didn't definitively say it wasn't one of those either.

#15 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

I just had a thought. What if Rick's exclusive is either the medical scanner or science scanner from the tricorders by themselves? Or perhaps a set of the two scanners together. That way people can get extra scanners without having to get extra trics!

#16 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:50 PM

That sounds promising and would help keep the price down on the tricorders, I assume.

#17 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

LOL...but with that option you are going to have a Science Screen with a Medical Scanner? I'm positive it isn't that... =)

#18 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jan 27 2009, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL...but with that option you are going to have a Science Screen with a Medical Scanner? I'm positive it isn't that... =)

What do you mean? Why would the medical scanner have a science screen or vice versa? The medical tricorder has a medical scanner and the science tricorder has a separate and different scanner as well.

If Rick could get either or both scanners as separate items apart from the tricorders, it would enable collectors to start putting together either a field medical kit or an enginnering kit with a couple of more affordable hand scanners than what is available on the prop market.

#19 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:54 AM

Well you need a Tricorder for the scanner right? So if you have all the different scanners, it won't be too accurate if your scanning with a medical scanner but have a geological survey on the the screen of the Tricorder. But besides....It isn't the scanners, I can almost guarantee that.

#20 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:02 AM

Why would you have a geological screen on the tri-corder, why couldn't you just buy a medical tri-corder?...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users