16 replies to this topic

#1 Iron-Cow

Iron-Cow

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hey guys,

Anyone have pics of the Deep Space Nine Quark model kit, either loose, or totally built? I'm curious to see what the parts look like, what scale it's in, and if I might be able to resize it down to 7" scale. Thanks!

Matt
aka Iron-Cow

#2 Andy

Andy

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Iron-Cow @ Jun 1 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,

Anyone have pics of the Deep Space Nine Quark model kit, either loose, or totally built? I'm curious to see what the parts look like, what scale it's in, and if I might be able to resize it down to 7" scale. Thanks!

Matt
aka Iron-Cow

Hey Matt - here is a link to a completed Quark: http://www.theclubho.../spockquark.jpg

#3 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

Hey Matt...we have one in stock at my shop right now too if you decide you need one:

http://www.theeartht...trdespnier.html

Sallah

#4 Iron-Cow

Iron-Cow

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (sallah @ Jun 2 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Matt...we have one in stock at my shop right now too if you decide you need one:
http://www.theeartht...trdespnier.html
Sallah

Thanks, Sallah! I might take you up on that at some point...
I'm really hoping to see the kit out of the package, though, just to see how close the actual likeness is. The price is definitely right, though! =)

#5 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:25 PM

What about just a shrunken head on a modified AGT figure? it has the jacket, you could sculpt it closed and cut it off at the waist... I dont know if you would want to shorten the legs and arms thought... biggrin.gif

#6 Iron-Cow

Iron-Cow

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (Tiberius @ Jun 3 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about just a shrunken head on a modified AGT figure? it has the jacket, you could sculpt it closed and cut it off at the waist... I dont know if you would want to shorten the legs and arms thought... biggrin.gif

wait... the modified 'All Good Things' Geordi/Data set? Or a different one? Either way, I hadn't considered those! I was actually looking at that set thinking about making a Jake Sisko, although that's admittedly very low on my list of things to do.

Definitely like the AGT suggestion, though. There's also a Quark head-bopper out there. I need to see pics, but that might have a decent likeness as well?

#7 Andy

Andy

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (Tiberius @ Jun 3 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That

#8 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Iron-Cow @ Jun 3 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, Sallah! I might take you up on that at some point...
I'm really hoping to see the kit out of the package, though, just to see how close the actual likeness is. The price is definitely right, though! =)

here you go a build version
Likeness is pretty good in my opinion

#9 Iron-Cow

Iron-Cow

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:34 PM

Thanks, fellahs!

Just ordered some parts off eBay.

And, it's funny you mention Garack. Love the character, though I wish the actor himself gave him a bit more range... but anyway, there *IS* that 9" DS9 Garack figure out there I could scale down to get a likeness... =)

Any other custom uses for the All Good Things Geordi/Data set? If I order online, I might grab multiples for all the projects.

#10 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

I used the Geordi to make a uniformed Dr Phlox. I really liked the way it came out and that was one of my first DST customs. I also did a Dr. Soran from Gnerations with the AGT Geordi....that guys go a lot of uses!

#11 Iron-Cow

Iron-Cow

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jun 3 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also did a Dr. Soran from Gnerations with the AGT Geordi....that guys go a lot of uses!

oh... WOW. Okay, Soran is easily my favorite of all the Trek baddies, so you just inspired me like crazy. Thanks!

Okay, where's the best place to order the AGT Geordi/Data set online? Cornerstore has it for $15. Anyone else have it cheaper?

#12 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:53 PM

How tall is this Quark model thing?

#13 Andy

Andy

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Iron-Cow @ Jun 3 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And, it's funny you mention Garack. Love the character, though I wish the actor himself gave him a bit more range... but anyway, there *IS* that 9" DS9 Garack figure out there I could scale down to get a likeness... =)

I think the smaller Playmates version is much better and is one of the better sculpts that PM did - you can really see the actor in the sculpt. I looked at the 9" and it doesn't really look like either the actor or the character. Do you have the product that lets you scale up?

#14 Iron-Cow

Iron-Cow

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Andy @ Jun 5 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the smaller Playmates version is much better and is one of the better sculpts that PM did - you can really see the actor in the sculpt. I looked at the 9" and it doesn't really look like either the actor or the character. Do you have the product that lets you scale up?

Sweet... I'm scaling up the Quark, Rom, and Nog heads. I should have grabbed Garak as well, but I'm trying to avoid tackling TOO much at once.

Still, I'm DS9-obsessed these days.

IF I made a Garack figure, I was thinking of using a DS9 Odo figure and puffing out the chest a bit. That sound like a good approach?

#15 Andy

Andy

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (Iron-Cow @ Jun 5 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet... I'm scaling up the Quark, Rom, and Nog heads. I should have grabbed Garak as well, but I'm trying to avoid tackling TOO much at once.

Still, I'm DS9-obsessed these days.

IF I made a Garack figure, I was thinking of using a DS9 Odo figure and puffing out the chest a bit. That sound like a good approach?

Dude - me too - I go through phases with DS9 - usually for a couple months a year I'm all about it.

I think Odo might be too tall - I'm at work right now so I can't check, but Garack should be about the same size as Bashir. Scale is pretty much out the window anyway, so it might work. smile.gif

Oh, and you're selling me these heads right? wink.gif

#16 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

I have not been to this page for a little while...
Yes, I did mean the AGT Geordie or Data figures, their jackets can be fixed up fairly easily. I was considering the jacket shown on the pic above when I thought of it. You might want to use the Odo boots when you make this too. Just cut them flush on Odo, and a bit higher on the AGT donor. OR take a Shran or Naausican's boots. Cut and trim the lower legs on the donor, but use the hinges (pins?) for the existing boots and legs, the rubber top will cover the surgery you performed.

Oh, you should sell the castings when you have done them. It can only help you fund your future projects... wink.gif

#17 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Jun 4 2009, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How tall is this Quark model thing?

Sorry for my late reply, but its 27 CM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users