• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:15 AM

I wanted to make sure you guys saw this as well. This was posted over at Gateworld,

http://www.shopafx.c...sgse4acfis.html

February '08 is when to expect this wave of basically re-paints. I hope that date is over estimated a bit, I was hoping to see these in Fall of THIS year. Sam AND Jack are in t-shirts rolleyes.gif and Teal'c and Daniel come with the full uniform.

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

They are a little more then repaints. They are suppossed to all have the new articulation and new weapon sculpts. Also Jonas Quinn is in this wave as well. I am looking forward to them.

#3 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:00 PM

^I'm anxiously awaiting the Jonas premiere! And at least Sam is sans hat this time.

#4 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Jun 23 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are a little more then repaints. They are suppossed to all have the new articulation and new weapon sculpts. Also Jonas Quinn is in this wave as well. I am looking forward to them.

Jonas will just be a head swap with most likley Jack since I am sure DST will want Jonas in a t-shirt.

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:35 PM

That is fine with me as long as we get him. I love the t-shirt figures and hope they make many more. I am looking forward to the new articulation as well. Knee articulation on Jack and Daniel will be great. I wonder if they will include te new hip articulation that the BSG figures are going to have.

#6 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Jun 23 2007, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is fine with me as long as we get him. I love the t-shirt figures and hope they make many more. I am looking forward to the new articulation as well. Knee articulation on Jack and Daniel will be great. I wonder if they will include te new hip articulation that the BSG figures are going to have.

I will be happy to get a Jonas and I hope he is in a full uniform but knowing DST he probably won't be. The t-shirt versions are fine as exclusives, I never had a problem with the Jack and Daniel (con exclusives and yes I have them both), but not as part of the normal wave imo. The team appeared in their modified WEP jackets for the majority of the time and those are the figures want to represent SG-1 on my shelf. DST made a Black Ops Teal'c and Daniel as part of a wave in t-shirts so they are mismatched with the normal jacketed versions. Luckily, it was an easy fix and I just head swaps and threw some paint on. I even made a cool blue BDU Teal's with the extra head and body laying around. Making more is fine with me as long as we see the proper full uniform characters as well. Could you imagine if in the new TOS movie figures the only Khan they made was "burnt to a crisp Khan" ? I would be pretty PO'ed about that, I would want a normal Khan for my display, or if DST made all the First Contact uniform characters except Riker and put him in a t-shirt. As to the articulation, that's great for people who care about it. I would have loved to get a Jack that has enough articulation to be crouching on one leg while firing his horribly sculpted P-90, but I don't think the added articulation will accomplish that. What is this hip articulation?

The MALP will be cool to finally get I really hope more versions are coming down the line, maybe in 2008 or 2009.

#7 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:01 AM

Newforce now has these up for preorder.

#8 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:38 AM

Have they revealed what Jonas looks like yet?

#9 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:18 AM

Nope, and he isn't displayed at Comic-Con either.

#10 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

I was hoping to see pics of Jonas at SDCC as well but I have not been able to find any. The SGA Series 2 was on display but had a no photographs signed up it could be that the Jonas fig had the same. However pics of SGA series 2 got out so... I would assume that Jonas was not even there because pics of him would have got out as well.

I'm just glad that we were able to see the rings.

#11 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

Apparently, this wave is shipping this week. http://www.previewsw...l...30&ai=67529

#12 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

There's pictures of them on Ebay now and it's rather disappointing that they are actually what we've been seeing all along. Seems almost like they know we'll buy em regardless just to get the MALP. On a positive note though, they do have the new P90s. Jack and Carter both don't have vests. sad.gif These are not my auctions. I just found them and thought I'd share the pics. Here they are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

#13 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:10 AM

That stinks about the vests. Its also strange that Carter comes with one of the rings. Every indication thus far was that Teal'c would come with that.

#14 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

I got a call from my comic shop today and they got them in. Yay!!!! I also noticed that DST put up on there site some new pics of wave 4 and the option to buy additional Stargate SG-1 Transport Ring. $4.00 5 per person. Only one problem, they are not shipping internationaly. I don't get it, they can ship the Mail Away figures international but not this. This really sucks!!!

#15 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:37 PM

I can't believe they still didn't add the knee articulation and kept the bright green splotches. Btw, if anyone's wondering, the transporter rings work in groups of 5. Also, I was REALLY hoping for an updated staff weapon.

#16 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

Our friends over at Gateworld, posted that this wave is basically a wave of repaints.
I for one, am disappointed.

#17 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

Well, at least you get the new P-90s. The only reason I'd want them now is to get the MALP, so if I were to get them, I'd only get the 3 guys that come with a MALP piece and just skip Carter.

#18 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:02 AM

Just a heads up...DST is sold out of the Transport Rings, I don't know when they are getting them back in.

#19 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:12 AM

I actualy like this wave. I love the desert uniforms and the MALP is great. I am a little disapointed that Jack and Sam did not come with vests but it is not a big deal to me. The new head sculpt for Jack with the backwards hat is great. I would have liked to get more transport rings but would not be surprised if they show up with future figures. Yes these are for the most part repaints but they are very nice repaints. It is also nice to have a Jonus figure.

#20 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Mar 12 2008, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actualy like this wave. I love the desert uniforms and the MALP is great. I am a little disapointed that Jack and Sam did not come with vests but it is not a big deal to me. The new head sculpt for Jack with the backwards hat is great. I would have liked to get more transport rings but would not be surprised if they show up with future figures. Yes these are for the most part repaints but they are very nice repaints. It is also nice to have a Jonus figure.

I agree.

I am pleased. It is a cool wave, very early SG-1 imo. I don't know what it is, maybe the inclusion of the MALP and the transport rings or the fact you rarley see new SG-1 in the Desert Camo. I do wish they made Jack the only one in a t-shirt, that would have been an easy fix, but Sam is also in a t-shirt which will require much more work to get her in a offworld jacket. My biggest complaint, (most probably won't care)

Why does the Daniel and Jonas have the garrison arms when the proper offworld arms are available? It just seems sloppy on DST's part.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users