• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:28 AM

Oh, right, a Chang version would also be cool.

#42 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Collecting almost anything Trek, especially props.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Jul 14 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's quite a few character sound clips they could use, but at the very least I hope they release these versions:

TVH version with Kirk and co. lines and "HMS Bounty" painted on the underside (maybe with a small replica of the fishing boat included? biggrin.gif)
TUC version with General Chang
DS9 version with Martok and battle-worn deco

The TVH version seems like something DST would do. Don't know why but it does. They could also do a Generations version with Lursa and Betor as well as Soran sound clips.

#43 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Jul 13 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, Chuck dropped a mention of not getting to the development of moving wings yet, and someone on here mentioned someone that DST had referenced landing gear on a modeling board. At least, if I'm recalling correctly...

Positionable wings and landing gear? That will be quite impressive!

#44 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:56 AM

I wonder if DST will make the landing gear and/or wings electronic. It'd be neat if they had a landing feature (among others) like the saucer sep on the D. The wings would go into landing mode (as seen in TSFS) and the landing gear would extend (w/ lights/sfx).

#45 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:48 AM

The only problem with motorised parts, you need the space for it... for the motors, moving parts so it maybe a bit bulkier then usual. I'd much prefer being able to move the wings and landing gears myself as they could use the space for more interesting features. Like a cloaking device biggrin.gif Come to think about it... maybe they already have built the BOP we just havent "seen" it yet.

TK.

EDIT: I found a picture of the BOP!!!!

#46 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Totalus_Kat @ Jul 15 2009, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only problem with motorised parts, you need the space for it... for the motors, moving parts so it maybe a bit bulkier then usual. I'd much prefer being able to move the wings and landing gears myself as they could use the space for more interesting features. Like a cloaking device biggrin.gif Come to think about it... maybe they already have built the BOP we just havent "seen" it yet.

TK.

Wow, look at the detail! Nice job DST! biggrin.gif Seriously though, good point about the space.

#47 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Totalus_Kat @ Jul 15 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TK.

And here I thought this was the Defiant. wink.gif

#48 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ Jul 15 2009, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Positionable wings and landing gear? That will be quite impressive!

I tried to find the bit from the Q&A that mentioned the wings, but couldn't find it. Either it's more recent than the Q&A pages I was looking at, or that bit got deleted. At the very least, I found the mention of landing gear. Admittedly, I didn't remember the details exactly, but it's still interesting.

It was said by Thomas Johnson, btw.
Its been hinted at on em........ another forum, that a Klingon BOP with working landing gear is in the works.

#49 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Totalus_Kat @ Jul 15 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They could do it. It wouldn't be "bulkier", at least it wouldn't look bulky, compared to the other releases. It would be about the same size as the current ship releases, though, meaning it won't be in scale with any previous releases, but it would be big enough to fit a couple of motors, electronics, and batteries, as well as the landing gear. Of course if they tried to do it in scale with any of the other ships, it would only be as big as the Corgi and Hot Wheels versions.

#50 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Jul 12 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wouldn't mind seeing DST being featured on G4's AOTS, especially during their SDCC coverage wink.gif

Funny you mention Attack Of The Show. I know Kevin Perriera personally, he went to my High School. He acts the same way now as he did in HS.

#51 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

Some pics from DST Booth http://www.cooltoyre...com/sdcc09/dst/

#52 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (eti @ Jul 24 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just wave 5. No TVH, Romulan Kirk and Spock, or any of the upcoming TRU exclusives.

#53 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

The placard says November '09 release. 8/26 release date on their website might be a weeee bit optimistic. biggrin.gif

Still wouldn't expect them until 2010.

#54 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

Romulan Kirk is on display at the diamond previews booth across from dst's store. It is nice looking.

#55 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:16 AM

Wow, looks like they got rid of the hairy arms on "Tholian Web" McCoy. Maybe they got wind of how ridiculous people thought that was? smile.gif Does anybody else think the McCoy head sculpt looks improved from the old one? I thought they'd just re-use it, but up close this one actually looks way more detailed than the first one. The realism on Rand's face is awesome too.

#56 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:55 AM

i actually liked it better with the hair!

#57 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:49 AM

I just hope that 'in stores November 2009' is a typo. sad.gif

#58 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

Well finally some significant coverage from Comic-Con, apparently the TRU Romulan has a good chance of being a Romulan Centurion!

http://photos.action...php?photo=42366
http://photos.action...ry.php?cat=4371

Also on display is the Spock/Rom. Kirk 2-pack, Kirk vs. Gorn, a good close-up of the Salt Vampire, and the Romulan Commander beside the Centurion.

#59 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Jul 26 2009, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well finally some significant coverage from Comic-Con, apparently the TRU Romulan has a good chance of being a Romulan Centurion!

http://photos.action...php?photo=42366
http://photos.action...ry.php?cat=4371

Also on display is the Spock/Rom. Kirk 2-pack, Kirk vs. Gorn, a good close-up of the Salt Vampire, and the Romulan Commander beside the Centurion.

Thats awesome !!!!! Thanks for the pics jedigreedo !!!

#60 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:48 AM

I suppose that Romulan centurion is the Romulan that TRU has listed on their site for preorder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users