• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pike

Pike

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

I fell in love with her the moment I saw her. She was from a different time and place, but I just knew I had to have her.

http://entertainment...096703357RiUWzB

She is being made using only stuff that is cheapest and finest of the cheap materials I could find. The lighting is done by minipods by B&D and they have 3 leds, very bright, blinding leds I might add. The grunt work is almost done, just have to do the dorsal and ventral neck and then it will come together. Lego was just used to approximate size and scale. Im working on building a few surprises into her.

She is about 30 inches or so long so that makes her about 1/350 scale. The saucer is made of two plastic trays from party city, styrene strips have been added to the sides to make the multiple deck look with brackets every 2 inches, the lower nacelle is a 2 foot long pvc pipe. I couldnt find anything that is tapered and the secondary hull is a sports bottle.

#2 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:31 PM

Wow that's an awesome homemade model ! Nice work! You have awesome talent! smile.gif

#3 Smitty

Smitty

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

Well done, I like the detail on the bridge dome. It's a small recreation of the bridge.

It's like the opening shot of the Enterprise in The Cage.

-cs™

#4 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

That's pretty sweet! I haven't seen the movie yet, but I really like the looks of the Kelvin and this a great recreation!

SS

#5 Pike

Pike

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

MORE PICS 5/22/09

http://entertainment...096703357xDBeXP

Enjoy folks, I got more surprises coming with the USS KELVIN.

#6 Fat Valentino

Fat Valentino

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Custom Ships and Playsets

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

VERY Nice! I have that Orange Ben 10 Fighter and the Krypto the Super Dog Rocket Ship too, though I haven't painted them white yet. I thought about making a Playmates scale Daedalus class starship a few years ago. Yours looks pretty cool.

Any updates on the USS Kelvin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users