Photo

Which AA/DST Crew is your favorite?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Which AA/DST Crew is your favorite? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose your Fav Crew

1. Ent Broken Bow (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

2. Ent Away Team (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. The Original Series (9 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

4. Mirror Mirror (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

5. The Wrath of Khan (12 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

6. Next Generation (14 votes [27.45%])

Percentage of vote: 27.45%

7. All Good Things (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Deep Space 9 (6 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

9. Nemesis (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

10. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 anti-hero

anti-hero

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:52 AM

Just wondering what AA/DST crew all of ya'll like the best and why. I've gotten a ton of ST stuff lately, and by far my fav have been the TWOK figures. I've always liked that uni the best, and they seem to be the best made and some of the better scaled figures they've offered (of the ones I own anyway). Altho the new movie has given me a better appreciation for the primary colors of the TOS crew, I still really hate all the paint fleks that come off their necks, but they'd still probably be my 2nd choice.

How about you all?

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

I like the Mirror figures because there is a lot of diversity in the look of the group. Kirk, Spock and Uhura all have unique uniforms and the rest are varied by color and medals. As a whole I think it looks the best on a shelf.

#3 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

TOS, as if that were a surprise to anyone who has read any of my post. If the uniform colors are corrected on the reissues I'll be buying them again. I am so sad and pathetic.

#4 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Well i voted for TOS - Art Asylum did a wonderful job with these figures. I also want to say that the Enterprise figures were just superb too but i love TOS so that took the prize for me.

#5 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Stinky @ May 21 2009, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TOS, as if that were a surprise to anyone who has read any of my post. If the uniform colors are corrected on the reissues I'll be buying them again. I am so sad and pathetic.

I don't think there's anything sad and pathetic about it...I love the paint job that they did on the original TOS crew. Spock is my fav of course. After buying TOS wave 5 though I doubt I'll have enough money to blow on getting the entire crew again. I have my re-issue Kirk w/electronic chair and that's good enough for me smile.gif

#6 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

I had to vote TNG, because of the real diversity in the cast. I mean, they made an Ogawa! I love DS9, but still had to pass it over.. Close runner up would be ENT, because of how pretty they look sitting on their bridge.

#7 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

I have to say the Next Gen crew. I love the TOS crew, especially with the pending inclusion of Rand and Chapel, but I grew up with the TNG crew so they hold far more sentimental value to me. Especially with having Barclay, Ogawa, O'Brien and Wesley to stand alongside the senior officers.

#8 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

That's a tough call for me... I love the MM set, but I gave the edge to the ENT Away team. Yeah I know... I had to actually complete it myself, but the detail, paint, sculpt & POA, really come together on that set.

Plus you get Shran & a Nuasican!

A very top notch offering!

#9 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

I voted TWOK. These, for me, were the most beautifully sculpted and handeled line. It's the first time we got a decent, articulated, full line of figures in this uniform.

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

The TWOK are nice.

I just wish the shoulders had a hinge pin in stead of the ball & socket.

#11 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:59 PM

Hey all,

Well I am the only one (at the moment) that has gone for the Nemesis ones. I know that AA/DST kind of mucked these up with the Picard and Data figures (although I was happy about the First Contact versions of each) but these are my favourite Star Trek uniforms and the figures do look good, even including the DS9 and custom Ogawa with the group.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#12 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

Next Generation.

Followed by Enterprise.

Followed by TOS.

#13 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Matty-lad @ May 21 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey all,

Well I am the only one (at the moment) that has gone for the Nemesis ones. I know that AA/DST kind of mucked these up with the Picard and Data figures (although I was happy about the First Contact versions of each) but these are my favourite Star Trek uniforms and the figures do look good, even including the DS9 and custom Ogawa with the group.

Take care,
Matty-lad

nope your not only one, i LOVE the nemesis uniforms and the figures are awsome (aside from picard because of the height issue). i picked TNG but it wasn't till i notice there was a nemesis one but i can't vote again, damn.

#14 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

TWOK would be my favorites, ALL of the figures look AMAZING! And we got an Awsome Terrell, Krispy Khan, and Irradiated Spock figures. Not to mention spot on older versions of Scotty McCoy and Uhura. I like them A LOT!

#15 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:25 PM

While I like alot of the stuff. I had to go with TNG. They display realy well and look good next to each other. Other than that my fav is TWOK set.

#16 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

TNG here. Reasons are:

1) More complete, down to some more minor characters. Though it would be even cooler if we could get Yar and Pulaski someday, despite how much I loathe both of them.

2) We got some really cool variants and freakin' awesome accessories with the earlier waves.

3) Sentimentality.

#17 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'd have to go with TOS, even though I am more of a TNG fan when it comes to the actual shows.

With Chapel & Rand on their way, TOS is the only complete crew. TNG is missing Yar & Pulaski, which are two huge holes for me since they were both series regulars. EVen though I really like seeing Barcaly, Ro & Ogawa...they weren't regulars and didn't have as many appearances as either Yar or Pulaski, so they just don't make up for the deficit for me.

But if we gey Yar & Pulaski, my feelings may change!

#18 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Kassle @ May 22 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But if we gey Yar & Pulaski, my feelings may change!

It would be difficult to work either of them into a 2-pack with Kirk! biggrin.gif

#19 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

I'm all for a Pulaski figure---Yar, too, but especially Pulaski. spock2.gif

#20 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

I went with TNG, I think the figures look amazing together, and with all of the minor characters they gave us it really provides a nicely rounded out crew!

SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users