Fan-made DS9 Blu-Ray Menu

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:15 PM

I saw Doug Drexler posted this on facebook, and my eyes nearly popped out! These guys have done such a good job with the Cardassian computer interface animations. They've successfully upped my wanting of DS9 to be remastered. :)

#2 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:53 PM

What a tease!!!  Damn, that was awesome!   Looks like they have a pretty complete model of OPS!  Maybe they could send that to someone who has a 3D printer and scale it down for the Playmates figures.  :-)

#3 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:12 PM

That looks awesome and totally needs to happen!!!!!!

#4 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:07 AM

What a tease!!!  Damn, that was awesome!   Looks like they have a pretty complete model of OPS!  Maybe they could send that to someone who has a 3D printer and scale it down for the Playmates figures.  :-)

Make that a double order for me too!!!

#5 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

The same guys have posted one for season 2:

Amazing! :D

#6 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:59 AM

F Yes!!! Wow.

#7 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:59 AM

The fan–made DS9 Blu–Ray trailers (not sure why I can't view the links on here anymore, but I'm guessing it's because of the age of my browser,) just make me want to see a DS9–R and VOY–R even more than I already wanted to see them. Seriously, CBS should already be in the process of remastering DS9 for a Blu–Ray release now that TNG–R is getting a complete series box set in the US, (it already has one in the UK,) TOS–R is getting a proper complete series box set in the US, (it had the three seasons previously bundled together in what could be passed off as a box set,) and DS9 and VOY are the only two Trek series to not have HD masters yet. (TAS was scanned in 2K for its DVD release, and the same 2K masters will be used to create HD Blu–Ray releases of TAS later this year.)

Also, if CBS is having trouble justifying the cost of remastering DS9 in HD just for the purpose of a Blu–Ray release, maybe they ought to do more than just a Blu–Ray release! Seriously, I'm still trying to figure out who decided that TNG–R should be limited strictly to a Blu–Ray release, and that no other HD format should take advantage of the HD masters. BBC America is milking their TNG license for all it's worth with a TNG marathon every Saturday, and yet every episode they show is taken from a broadcast master struck between '87 and '94, upscaled for distribution in pseudo–HD. It doesn't look absolutely horrendous, but it also doesn't look anywhere near as good as it could if they'd run masters that were used for TNG–R, even if they had to cut episodes like The Measure of a Man that added a bunch of scenes that had been cut for time back down to a standard broadcast length. If TNG–R actually was shown on stations that are airing TNG, it would probably encourage more people to buy the Blu–Ray releases that currently exist, and if DS9–R were created, CBS would probably be able to easily convince someone to pick the show up for syndication in shiny new HD masters. TOS–R aired on NBC and CW affiliates back when it was first created for HD DVD, (Toshiba supposedly paid for some of the remastering costs as a way to get Paramount to back their format in the HD DVD/Blu–Ray format war,) and there was no problem convincing people to buy TOS–R, because people had the chance to see it before plunking down their hard–earned cash.

Finally, a lot of people, (myself included,) didn't even have a Blu–Ray player until last year, and I've already got TOS–R and TNG–R's complete series sets preordered, so I'm hoping other people who only recently picked up Blu–Ray players will do the same thing so that CBS might realize that there is a market for DS9–R and VOY–R, and that we're anxiously awaiting the next release. (Oh and while we're at it, would it be too much to ask for ENT to be compiled into a complete series set in the US too? The UK has one, but here in the US if I want ENT, I still have to buy four separate seasons that'll look weirdly out of place next to my complete series sets of TOS–R and TNG–R, and this fall, the entirety of TAS on Blu–Ray as well. Not to mention the original ten Prime Universe Trek films that I have in a single box set as well.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users