30 replies to this topic

#1 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:40 PM

Hey all...

Not sure if this thread will need to be moved...but I was wondering...

I saw an Ilea figures on eBay a while ago....she was wearing her Starfleet uniform & the figure looked pretty cool.

I can't see any on eBay at the moment...I was wondering if people could tell me who made this figure, when & who else they made.

Cheers heaps,

Sam,
Oz.

Actually I just found a pic of her on a friendly Playtrekkers page:

So she is Mego, this thread will need to be moved!

Who else was in the series?

#2 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:47 PM

Check out this page for a one-source on these figs. I dunno if its complete, but there are quite a few of them there.

-EDIT-

AND ... BEFORE HE YELLS AT US ... FHC has quite a few of them on his figure pages as well! Sorry FHC!

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

Topic moved

http://www.trekfigures.com/mego.htm

Photo by Gothneo. smile.gif

#4 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

Awesome!! Cheers everyone.

They are nice looking figures...I'll try & hunt them down some day.

It is a shame they didn't manage to finish the main crew.

#5 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 16 2006, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is a shame they didn't manage to finish the main crew.

It's a shame Mego didn't make them in their traditional 8" format! Only these pieces of plastic and some 12" figures were made. But the 12" figures didn't have enough details on them, a problem with all Mego's 12" figures.

Mego 12" TMP figures

#6 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:49 PM

mmm...yes. Well whataver format they choose, I mainly prefer they get out a full set.

These may be uglyish but would have been a great little set with Uhura, Sulu, Checov, Chapel, Rand, Ilea probe & some other folk mixed in.

Still isn't a bad set...odd they didn't have any accessories.

Did the 8"ers come with anything?

Just took a loot at the link Bernsy...thank you kindly...it was a much better idea to give the 8"ers inclusions.

You wouldn't have a loose pic of the 8" Ilea would you?

#7 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:13 PM

I remember reading somewhere that the 12" TMP Megos had an issue with the faces turning grey over the years.

Anyone one else remember that?

#8 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:34 AM

Yeah they do, some worse then others. They look sea sick. LOL I can say that of the ones that I have seen that Spock seems to take it the worst, although mine has held up ok. I block most of the sunlight from the area where it's stored which might help?

#9 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

From the look on his face, I would say he wants out of the box... smile.gif I picked up one of these figures a few years back in a trade with someone, and I thought it was the most horrible rendering of the actor's I had seen up to that point and I still think so from seeing this pic.

#10 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(pickard @ Sep 17 2006, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember reading somewhere that the 12" TMP Megos had an issue with the faces turning grey over the years.

Anyone one else remember that?

Yes, there was inferior paint used on the later mego figures, including the 8" figures from the same era as the TMP 12" figures. I have never seen any of the earlier figures such as the TOS figures that have ever had this problem. Examples of the 8" figures that have this problem is "Dukes of Hazzard and "Chips" which i have personally seen to have the "Mego disease". Too bad that mego scrimped on the paint for these figures because it severely impacs the value of them i think. On Dr Mego's website, there is a remedy for this which involves removing the head and dipping it in some chemical for a certain perid of time. I have never tried it but Dr Mego seems like an authority on the subject so i would bet that it does work.

Its a real shame that mego didnt do a better job with the sculpts on the TMP figures, i really was disappointed by these figures back in 1979 and still today. I have the Spock figure MIB, which i got for 20 bucks since he had the gray face. I used to have the whole set of the TMP figures MIB, but sold them years ago. I am not really that interested in these since they are so badly sculpted and have the mego disease, but will keep the Spock figure since i normally have at least one of every Spock item produced. I am considering trying the treatment that Dr Mego prescribes to treat the mego disease, i will post the results and whether my Spock figure will pull through or not. ohmy.gif

#11 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9&quot; clothed figures

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 17 2006, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mmm...yes. Well whataver format they choose, I mainly prefer they get out a full set.

These may be uglyish but would have been a great little set with Uhura, Sulu, Checov, Chapel, Rand, Ilea probe & some other folk mixed in.

Still isn't a bad set...odd they didn't have any accessories.

Did the 8"ers come with anything?

Just took a loot at the link Bernsy...thank you kindly...it was a much better idea to give the 8"ers inclusions.

You wouldn't have a loose pic of the 8" Ilea would you?

You must have missunderstood. Mego only made small all plastic TMP figures (I think they were 3 3/4 inch) and 12" figures. The pictures I posted were pictures of the 12" figures. There were no 8" TMP figures.

About accessories, there were (I think) no accessories for the 12" figures. There was however a TMP Bridge set for the small all plastic figures.

#12 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:02 PM

The figures that are on the Mego Collector site are complete for the 3 3/4" figures, but it is odd that he missed the Bridge, but yet has the Klingon ship. I was going to add some pics of the bridge if you wanted, but Bernsie has one here, albeit missing atm. I think there was also a Vulcan shuttle that docked onto the port hole seen in the bridge playset, but not on the movie (?!), well at least not THERE

#13 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:35 PM

The 12" TMP figures did come with a TMP version Phaser, Thats the only accessory though. The 3 3/4 size figures came with no accessories.

#14 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:09 PM

Did the klingon come with a disrupter? Ilia, did she have a phaser, or just the V'Ger necklace?
QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Sep 17 2006, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 12" TMP figures did come with a TMP version Phaser, Thats the only accessory though. The 3 3/4 size figures came with no accessories.

#15 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(Tiberius @ Sep 17 2006, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did the klingon come with a disrupter? Ilia, did she have a phaser, or just the V'Ger necklace?

Not sure what the klingon came with or the Ilia, i just had the Kirk and Spock figures that had the phasers with them.

#16 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:48 PM

I don't know why I keep calling the larger figures 8"!! I did mean 12"

Anyone got a close up of Decker & Ilea's faces?

#17 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:05 PM

Hey,

Did anyone have some more detailed pics, perhaps with crew included, for the TMP Mego Bridge Playset?

Cheers heaps,

Sam.

Pic: NewForce

Never mind...found a page dedicated to it.

If anyone has one of these for sale at any time...or any price...just let me know. If anyone see's any on eBay...please let me know.

http://www.thelogbook.com/toy/tmp-set/

Does anyone have any comments on this piece? any own it? anyone tried to customise the rest of the crew?

#18 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:03 AM

I had this many years ago, when it first came out. I managed to keep it for many years from being abandoned by my maturity. It lasted longer then my vintage Star Wars figures, they just vanished. Anyway, I was moving, and I had it on the floor, accidently stepping on it. I decided to throw it away, but I kept the figures, but I seem to be missing the Rigelian. The bridge was assembled the way it is on the box, but later I decided to paint the floor and then the rest of the set. I did a pretty good job on it, I thought... tongue.gif As for the figures, go to therinofendor.com I think, or ask Ian on Playtrek for the site, he did a ton of them, even acurized them. I tried Uhura, cause why the heck did they miss her? But all I did was paint her skin brown, hair black and a pinky colour for her uniform. That was a lousy go at customizing.
I bought a new bridge on eBay for $120, and actually saw another that I wanted to buy for the same price, but it had four figures included ON CARD. I couldnt afford it at the time, so I let it go. I dont know if I should paint the new bridge or not, and I think I will have to glue it, as the tape they used never worked on my old one either.

#19 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:08 PM

They have the crew seated at interesting positions.

It seems we have Scotty at communications, Spock & McCoy at the helm, another Spock & McCoy doing other things, while Ilea is wandering around near the viewscreen...Decker is at navigation, is that where he was stationed?

Checov, Sulu & Uhura wouldn't be too hard to customise. You could use a re-painted Decker for both men.
Uhura would need some hair molded on the Ilea figure & a paint job.

Where were Sulu & Checov stationed in TMP?

#20 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:03 PM

Hey Hey,

Any help would be great...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users