• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:56 AM

Well yeah I understand where you are coming from on that, but really...that is a helpful for us people in the US. Shipping outside the US isn't too cheap right now, so collectors that don't live here are going to have to pay an arm and a leg for them. Unless DST releases them in other countries as well.

#22 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:42 AM

Thats a good point, I guess I take for granted the fact that I live in the same country DST operates! So for everyone's sake I guess lets hope for an awesome exclusive AND one that is easily available overseas as well...

smile.gif

SS

#23 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

I have to disagree with some points.
I am in Canada, and as such I am not able to find the figures in retail stores, as far as I know (not including the Enterprise waves and TOS 1, they showed up at TRU Canada out of the blue... in one shipment!). I am forced to buy online or from comic stores, with shipping and my shoddy dollar value, the figures come out to $18, a lot, but I am willing to pay atm.
We received the WOK 1 at TRU, again later then we were ordering and receiving them through Rick. My comic store determined that he is not going to carry Trek anymore, because the figures sold for $15, and the best he could do is $18. He had to compete, and this is after recently discounting his TNG prices. We did not get the PX figure, and good luck locating the chase at TRU, plus the SDCC exclusive were elusive. We next got DSN 1, missing the hard to find ones and the Death of Spock, but there is no more in sight (yes more might turn up this summer and I will fill in spaces).
I was forced to get all the figures online, or not get any at all. The SDCC figures came out to $20-25 from Rick, which was not so unexpected, since it was the same for the MM, and I even found Marlena. The price is not outrageous, but had I not know about Newforce, and that Rick had intended to get together with the other exclusives, I would have been hooped.
The average collector that went to TRU (like I was back in the Playmates days) who did not have online access, would either have too few figures to care about the line, or find them at comic stores and pay more then they need to.

If Voyager is not going to sell, and DST has the ability to put out a smaller amount in order to get them to us, they should. We are going to find them as we always have, the price might be a slight bit higher, but we will get them, DST is happy and we should get what we want from them. It is still possible to find WOK exclusives, unless that is from people ditching their collections, hell Rick is liquidating his exclusives on eBay right now.
He still has stock of a figure that was limited (what does that say for exclusives?) figure, we would find the Voyager characters if they went to SDCC. Having said that, I don't think there is any exclusive Trek in SDCC 09! I am sure that they said that several times, unless they were having a go at us.
If they release Voyager at SDCC 09, it may be the OPTIMAL method of getting it out to the fans. I dont think it is happening though, but maybe '10 !!!

#24 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

I Love your optimism man. Lets hope thats what wins the day.

#25 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

maybe DST will do the Kruge and Maltz 2 pack as the SDCC exclusive this year (if no one else as mentioned it)

#26 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (New Frontier @ Mar 17 2009, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe DST will do the Kruge and Maltz 2 pack as the SDCC exclusive this year (if no one else as mentioned it)

Now that would be awesome.

#27 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Mar 16 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that would be awesome.

Couldn't agree more...

SS

#28 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:31 PM

I'd like to see a Season 1/2 set:
Tasha Yar
Data
Geordi LaForge
Beverly Crusher

Bonus:
Katherine Pulaski

They could use the same basic female body for Yar & Crusher. Same basic male body for Geordi & Data. Pulaski would need a modified top. I'd also love to see Deanna Troi in the miniskirt, but I think that much tooling is a bit much to expect.

#29 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

That would be a pretty cool line up, I could take or leave the Pulaski (she was never one of my favorite characters, but I liked her better than Troi...)

But Yes... Tasha Yar. Even if thats all we get from SDCC...

smile.gif

SS

#30 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

You know what...SDCC is right around the time the Classic Wave 5 is supposed to hit shelves, so maybe....we might get the Romulan Commander and Salt Vampire and maybe a few more unannounced figures for that set, since the formal announcement included Rand and not the other two.

#31 NickyTea

NickyTea

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:26 PM

This is my first post here, happy to have found the forums!
I figured this would be as good a thread as any to begin.

I don't have a guess so much as I have a desire for a set of Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln figs from Assignment: Earth.
They could even do Kirk and Spock in 60s civilian clothing. smile.gif

Never going to happen.

#32 gkap

gkap

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

Probably will never happen but what about the balok puppet.

#33 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:42 PM

I don't think it would be necessary for AA/DST to make a Balok. If you're a fan of that character, there is already a very nice Playmates set of Balok and the puppet and a Mego Style puppet (one which was released not very long ago).

#34 gkap

gkap

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Quadrotritacale @ Apr 7 2009, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it would be necessary for AA/DST to make a Balok. If you're a fan of that character, there is already a very nice Playmates set of Balok and the puppet and a Mego Style puppet (one which was released not very long ago).

Yeah I know I'm just a big tos fan. I'm excited for the august releases and would love more tos from the sdcc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users