Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;picture=out

#2 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:30 PM

I've always thought the AGT D was kind of silly... but kind of cool too. I am sorely tempted. Is it to be more expensive than the regular D?

#3 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

Very cool ship.

Looks like BBTS raised the price $10. Glad I preordered early!

AFX has it for that same $50 price.

#4 Xon

Xon

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

Is NewForce going to carry this too?

#5 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

AFX has a special deal, AGT Enterprise-D along with the regular D and series 4 and 5 minmates, all for $79.99, i think thats a decent deal.

#6 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (JonWes @ May 15 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always thought the AGT D was kind of silly...

me too. The phaser cannon on the saucer is the most silly/cool thing on it. It's mega powerful, but the original phaser strips had a much more useful field of fire than just the straight ahead shot. It seemed like a step backward in some ways. I know the 3rd nacelle was supposed to look tacked on (since it was) but I think it would have been a much more elegant extension of the ship to add a pair of symmetrical pylons and nacelles extending underneath the ship in a mirrored fashion to the originals.... but that's just me. I'm very undecided about getting the AGT ship.

#7 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:01 AM

That isn't a new picture, I've had that one on the Reference Site for the last month atleast! As for the AFX Deal that is an awesome deal!

#8 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:55 AM

I'm torn here... not on purchasing the AGT Ent-D, but on who to purchase the ship from! On one hand I'd like to click the pre-order button on BBTS and "upgrade to collector's grade for $2.00" to guarantee the best possible packaging. On the other hand, I'd like to know if Rick is getting these in over at NFCC because if he is, I'd just wait and purchase the ship from him, especially since he usually has lower prices on ships.

My other dilemma is that I give both BBTS and NFCC a good deal of business for "just some toy collector," and I usually give NFCC most of my Star Trek business and BBTS most of my other niche toy collection business, with the exception of a few Japanese import items that BBTS either doesn't stock or are less expensive through other channels.

I don't mind the $50.00 price tag and I'm getting this ship one way or another, but if Rick is going to stock this over at NFCC I'd like to know so that I can wait and order it through him. If for some reason Rick isn't going to stock the AGT D, then I'd give my business to Joel over at BBTS. The only reason I have such a dilemma here is that Rick has been very helpful to me in the past with Trek items, and I like to give him my business for Trek-related merchandise.

#9 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:55 AM

Hi Alex,

feeling the same way as you do, I asked Rick today if he will be selling these (as well as the upcoming two-packs and salt vampire) and he stated he would be selling these
The pre selling of the AGT and the Two-packs should be up shortly.

#10 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (data_2006 @ May 17 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Alex,

feeling the same way as you do, I asked Rick today if he will be selling these (as well as the upcoming two-packs and salt vampire) and he stated he would be selling these
The pre selling of the AGT and the Two-packs should be up shortly.
Data_2006, thank you for keeping me in the loop; it's much appreciated. I'll definitely wait for Rick to put the AGT Enterprise-D up now. BBTS just got my money for some of my Star Wars stuff, so I'm supporting both businesses through different toy lines.

#11 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

In for 2!
BBTS is my seller of choice because I get everything next-day (I live really close)...
And of course the collector upgrade option.

#12 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

These are up at NFC.

#13 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

Well, the price tag decides it for me. I think it's cool... but it's more then I'd want to pay. Though it does actually make sense it's more expensive because of the extra parts and electronics I guess.

#14 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (JonWes @ May 18 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the price tag decides it for me. I think it's cool... but it's more then I'd want to pay. Though it does actually make sense it's more expensive because of the extra parts and electronics I guess.

Are the only extra parts/electronics only the additional nacelle and pylon and the little phaser banks up top? I figured it cost more because it's a bit obscure and they figure they won't sell as many as the 1701-D. And I agree with you, it's probably more than I want to pay.

#15 pawpal

pawpal

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

I cannot wait to get a case of these!!! Been waiting 14 years for one....after being absolutely crushed when Playmates canceled theirs back then! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oops just came back from NF's website. Rick will you be selling the AGT E-D in a sealed case of four?

#16 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (pawpal @ May 18 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cannot wait to get a case of these!!! Been waiting 14 years for one....after being absolutely crushed when Playmates canceled theirs back then! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oops just came back from NF's website. Rick will you be selling the AGT E-D in a sealed case of four?

AMEN Brother! I know what ya mean....but I'm not gonna get a case lol.

#17 pawpal

pawpal

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ May 19 2009, 05:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AMEN Brother! I know what ya mean....but I'm not gonna get a case lol.

Just doing my part to thank DST for eventually making this! smile.gif I was rather worried there when it seemed they had difficulty getting someone to pick it up as an exclusive...

#18 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:23 AM

hello all...
one thing to consider, is that when a retailer (us, or AFX, etc) allow another retailer to sell "their" exclusive, we all do so with the underlying condition that it has to be offered at or higher than the exclusive partners price....
in other words, if AFX is selling for $49.99, I have to charge 49.99...if I tried to under cut them, 1) pat wouldn't sell me any LOL 2) it wouldn't be "fair" ....

so, everyone should be at 49.99... now, openers, we will sell cheaper once we get in....but MIB, all are the same (unless BBTS charges a premium?)...

cases of 4 still run the same unit retail, though, if you email me, I am sure we can work something out
rick

#19 pawpal

pawpal

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

I know Rick, wasn't expecting a discount! biggrin.gif

The problem for international customers (like me) buying off BBTS or AFX is the shipping charges. BBTS's automatic checkout system charges twice the actual USPS shipping cost, while AFX only uses a courier service. If I ordered from either of them I'd likely be paying at least US$100 per ship!

And anyways I love open sealed cases of toys...it's a fetish biggrin.gif

I'll email you shortly thanks!!!

#20 pawpal

pawpal

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

Does anyone know if the AGT E-D is coming out in the same timeframe as the regular E-D?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users