Photo

McFarlane Toys Gets Entire Star Trek Licence!

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#141 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

I think we will see more than just the next wave, I think it sounds like McFarlane are pretty keen about getting Star Trek so I wouldnt be surprised if we saw more classic Trek characters (TOS-ENT) as well as some more from Discovery... Lorca, LRell, VoQ, Saru, Stamets, Tilly, Sarek, Mudd are all characters Id not be surprised if we saw in various stages of development.

#142 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:46 PM

I finally found the David Bowie / Jareth figure from Labriynth. No photographs capture the sheer magnificence of it. I only dreamt that the essence of character could be captured so well. I cant imagine that the Bowie likeness was an easy one to convey, but here it finally is before me. I strongly believe that if all the care that went into this figure is done for Star Trek, we will finally have the definitive line. I cant wait to see how Spock comes out.

#143 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:08 AM

Just found out about these figures from seeing the BBTS preorders, had to come here to see what the discussion on'em was like. Nice to see a lot of good people still hanging out here, certainly some things never change.

From what's been noticeable so far the figures look pretty good, and I was very surprised to see they're articulated and coming with numerous accessories. For $20 I was expecting something like the 7" statues that they switched to for The Walking Dead. But I'm definitely on the fence about collecting them as it's hard to imagine them making the entire crews. It would certainly be nice to see since I've been waiting for a line of Trek figures where the eras are the same scale. At this point I'd at least be pleased to see a Sisko and Janeway wave to round out the Captains.

I would like for DST keep the license for the ships and roleplay of classic Trek though. I'm still hoping for them to make the Enterprise-C and finish the lineage.

#144 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:55 AM

At this point I'd at least be pleased to see a Sisko and Janeway wave to round out the Captains.

I would like for DST keep the license for the ships and roleplay of classic Trek though. I'm still hoping for them to make the Enterprise-C and finish the lineage.

It seems like such an obvious strategy to start by making a set of Captains, especially if you don't want to commit to making every character... but we didn't even get all 5 out of DST/AA.  Heck I'd love a "Captains an Admirals" line. 

I still like the their Role play and I think people still like the ships... they are just so slow!

#145 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

God Id love for McFarlane to do all the captains. That would be brilliant.

Id like to see DST actually DO something with their licence but honestly I have zero space for more large scale ships. Id like to see them get the Borg drone out and the TNG phaser and then to begin production on figures from the Abrams movies - full range of articulation and streamlined packaging; not the select style of box.

#146 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

#147 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

I really hope we get a Janeway as part of McFarlane's line.

Speaking of McFarlane.. I got Eleven from the Stranger Things line last week, and overall I'm pretty happy. The digital printing on the face does look a little lo-res really close up, but I think she looks pretty great personally. Not as good as Jareth's paint, though. Her articulation is limited by her skirt, but you can get her into some cool poses. I will say, as much as I like her alt hands, changing them out was too worrying a process to me. I mean, at some point I might get the dryer out and soften the hands and see how that works, but the holes in her hand seem like they've filled in with paint or something as they just seem too small for the pegs.

I haven't seen Hopper yet, but I might get him too if I see him and like what I see. 

It makes me hopeful for how the Trek figures could turn out. The use of digital printing on the faces can lead to some spectacular results. I saw it first on Japanese figures, but Hasbro started using it on some Marvel movie figures, and now they're using it here.

#148 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:45 AM

I'm hoping for Janeway and more Voyager figures. I saw Hopper in target the other day. He looked really good. I also picked up the 7" Negan from Walking Dead. They did a great job on him.
I think they will do great with Star Trek. Although I'm sure there will be a few that will complain about them no matter how they turn out. Lol.

#149 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

I got Hopper and Eleven last weekend. I liked both. I think the printed paint on these isnt quite as good as on Jareth, but still good. I have a feeling these were probably either done at a different factory than Jareth, or maybe they were an earlier production attempt and Jareth somehow made it to stores first. Whatever the situation, I think we will be happy with the end result for Star Trek. Im hoping we will get Janeway as well, and Im really looking forward to seeing some Star Trek Aliens!

#150 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking these were produced before Jareth, too. Not only is Jareth's face paint pretty much perfect (I didn't even realize it was digitally printed until someone told me so... it's not as obvious at all) and his articulation scheme doesn't include the pins seen on Hopper. Hopefully that's all further improved by the time they get to the Star Trek figures. The way Hopper's crotch is broken up looks weird from the pics I've seen. I'm hoping they find a way around that while still having the mobility.

#151 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

From London Toy Fair, a first look at the packaging of the Trek figures. There were no figures there (hopefully we see those at NY Toy Fair) but the packaging mock-ups were. I'm a TINY bit worried that T'Kuvma isn't mentioned. I hope he was't cut.

http://idlehands1.bl...-star-trek.html

#152 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

I like the look of that Phaser! I can't wait to get it to compare with the Anovos high end version.

#153 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:29 PM

Sweet looking packaging, brilliant these are being shown at a UK toy fair! Never saw anything from DST at the UK toy fair so hopefully these figures will be widely available. Already got the 7inch Kirk and Picard on pre order with Forbidden Planet.

Id rather TKuvma was cut in favour of a more prominent character from Discovery. I really hope that they dont just focus on TOS and TNG and they do mix it up with DS9 and Voyager characters at least.

#154 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:31 PM

I'm very enthusiastic about the 7" articulated figures that McFarlane is doing. I hope they will maybe have a TOS Spock to go with the Kirk and also Sisko (Season 3 uniform), Janeway, Data etc.

Edited by Nigel, 29 January 2018 - 11:42 AM.

#155 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

I'm assuming they listed T'Kuvma when they made the announcement because he featured so heavily in the Discovery promos. My guess is, if they weren't too far along, that if they're still doing a Klingon they'll aim more for Voq or L'Rell. Saru would also be very welcome.

#156 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

I'm all for swapping T'Kuvma out for Saru or L'Rell or someone. I just don't want Michael to be the ONLY figure out at launch.

#157 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

All I need is Lorca.

#158 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

I mean if they want the line to be long lasting, theyd probably do well to release Kirk, Picard, Michael, Spock, Saru, Tyler, Vok - an action figure wave like the old days.

#159 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:09 PM

Is there a moderator that can move the three categories Eaglemoss Starhips, McFarlane Star Trek figures and Megabloks/Megaconstrux under their own category instead of under the Everything Else category? I think these three have earned a spot just like DST, Playmates and Mego before them.

#160 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

Completely agree, but there doesn't seem to be anyone around any more who has the power to do this (thus why I made the thread regarding moderators ages ago).

FHC hasn't visited since September last year: http://www.trektoy.c....php?showuser=1

:/

EDIT: Here's the entire moderation team for the forum, and FHC is the latest visitor by a large margin! lol
http://www.trektoy.c...tats&do=leaders

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users