Photo

First Look @ U.S. Version Masterpiece Starscream?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think it's a Custom or Real? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think it's a Custom or Real?

1. Custom (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Real (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DeadMan-Mart

DeadMan-Mart

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

Source: tformers.com

A couple of images of what looks to be a U.S.-bound version of Masterpiece MP-03 Starscream have popped up over at ACToys.com. Many members of the TFans community called is a really nice looking custom. However, a supoosed constantly-reliable source has gone ahead and confirmed that this is indeed ready to hit the U.S. Is this really the first look that we are getting of the second Masterpiece figure to grace our shores? What do you think? Until then, feast your eyeson either a really great looking custom, or the real deal...

#2 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

I hope that's the real deal.

When you look at the newest Transformers out there... it's incredible! They look just like their cartoon counterparts. The way the toys SHOULD have looked 25 years ago. And the poseability! AWE-SOME!

#3 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:50 PM

I think we will see this as a "clean" Japanese variant (ie Ultra Magnus was a recolor of Optimus) and see this version as the "dirty" US version (which follows suit with the US "dirty" version of Optimus.

#4 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:21 AM

It's funny, this thing looks real but I remember when Masterpiece Starscream came out Hasbro mentioned that they would not release a US version. That Prime was just a 20th anniversary special. I'm trying to find out where I read that but no luck. I think it was posted on TFW2005.com. Anyway, I would like to think it's real, it does look legit. I already have Masterpiece Starscream but if this turns out to be real I may just pick it up and it gives me hope that Hasbro could release more of the seekers like Skywarp and Thundercracker. Masterpiece is releasing Skywarp but I'm going to pass at that price point. Starscream was the only one I was willing to get for that price.

I hope that down the line Hasbro would release a US version of Megatron as I missed out on the Masterpiece version but I dought that's ever going to happen.

#5 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:32 PM

I HOPE it's real, but I think it's a custom so that's what I voted. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

#6 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Captain Kidd @ Jun 1 2007, 07:21 AM) View Post
It's funny, this thing looks real but I remember when Masterpiece Starscream came out Hasbro mentioned that they would not release a US version. That Prime was just a 20th anniversary special. I'm trying to find out where I read that but no luck. I think it was posted on TFW2005.com. Anyway, I would like to think it's real, it does look legit. I already have Masterpiece Starscream but if this turns out to be real I may just pick it up and it gives me hope that Hasbro could release more of the seekers like Skywarp and Thundercracker. Masterpiece is releasing Skywarp but I'm going to pass at that price point. Starscream was the only one I was willing to get for that price.

I hope that down the line Hasbro would release a US version of Megatron as I missed out on the Masterpiece version but I dought that's ever going to happen.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, we were also told we'd NEVER see a gun version of Megatron too. While this is true for the most part, at least in the US, they broke the rules and made one. Hopefully, we will see this one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users