Transformers

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

I know there are some trans-fans here on the forum and I am really excited about some of the new Transformers hitting the shelves.

I picked up some more of the Transformers classics yesterday and think they are really great. I love the fact that they are updating them, but are keeping them true to their original characters.

Mirage, one of the ones I was anticipating, didn't let me down. His alt mode is nice looking and sleek and his robot mode is even better. The only thing I am slightly disappointed with is his tiny little head.

Grimlock is really cool. He is much more dino looking this time around, but I think they went more for raptor than tyrranosaurus. He is awesome in his robot mode.

Finally, I got Jetfire. One of my favorites from childhood ... he still reigns king as a classic. He is much smaller this time around, but they caught the essence of the figure nicely. You can display him in normal robot, normal jet, super robot and jet modes (with jet pack thingy), and also in Macross jet/robot hybrid (although this isn't an official transformation mode listed in the instructions). He is a bit back heavy in super robot mode and has no upper arm swivel which makes it hard to pose him in those great Jetfire action poses, but they are still atainable.

---------------------------------

I am also looking forward to the next masterpiece figure - Megatron. If you haven't heard, hes gonna be so ultra G1 that he cannot be shipped to the US without modification (ie orange tip on the gun barrel). The prototype shots have looked amazing, and while the masterpiece figures cost a bunch extra, they are worth it in my opinnion. I cannot wait to get him to display with Optimus, Starsecream and all of my binaltechs.

#2 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:42 AM

I've seen the Transformers classics on the shelves and they do look awsome but I told myself that I would not start collecting a new set of Transformers. I have been trying, without success, to keep away from the 6" Titanium sets. Personally I like Bumble Bee and Rodimus from the Transformers classics set.

Primerally I collect the Alternaters but I have picked up MP Prime and MP Starsecream. I'm really looking forward to MP Megatron. He is looking awsome. I was really hoping for a Tank Alt Mode though.

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

I have the Ultra titnamium War Witin Optimus and Jetfire and love those, but have not picked up any of the TF Classics yet. They do look great though. I may spring for them one day.

#4 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:12 AM

Transformers classics ??? Do tell more smile.gif

lol I'm missing out..how much do they run for? Do they have a nice optimus prime? As a kid I always wanted him.

#5 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:06 AM

I picked up Optimus and Megatron today and they are really cool. I have to say ... this may be one of the best Optimuses ever!

Minicons run about $7/pack - the carded ones are about $10 (Mirage, Bumblebee, Starsceam, etc) - and the boxed ones are about $20 (Optimus, Megatron, and Jetfire).

I have pictures taken and edited and will post sometime today for you guys. My favorites are Optimus, Jetfire, Bumblebee and Mirage. I like Megatron, but something about him throws me off. The rest of the Decepticons are a bit disappointing.

#6 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:23 PM

ah, that soudns great, I can't wait to see them! smile.gif

#7 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

I saw Rodimus and have thought about picking him because he looks so good. I am just having a hard time to commiting to any more collections at this point in time. I have way to much stuff already and should probably start narrowing it down.

#8 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:21 PM

Here are some pics and links to other views for you guys:

Optimus -

Optimus02

Optimus03

Optimus04

Optimus05

Optimus06

Megatron -

Megatron02

Megatron03

Megatron04

Megatron05

Starscream -

Starscream02

Starscream03

Starscream04

Starscream05

Starscream06

Astrotrain -

Astrotrain02

Astrotrain03

Astrotrain04

Astrotrain05

Astrotrain06

Astrotrain07

Astrotrain08

Bumblebee -

Bumblebee02

Bumblebee03

Bumblebee04

Bumblebee05

Bumblebee06

Grimlock -

Grimlock02

Grimlock03

Grimlock04

Grimlock05

Jetfire -

Jetfire02

Jetfire03

Jetfire04

Jetfire05

Jetfire in Supermode -

SuperJetfire02

SuperJetfire03

SuperJetfire04

SuperJetfire05

SuperJetfire06

SuperJetfire07

SuperJetfire08

SuperJetfire09

Mirage -

Mirage02

Mirage03

Mirage04

Mirage05

Rodimus -

Rodimus02

Rodimus03

Rodimus04

Rodimus05

Rodimus06

Rodimus07

#9 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:52 AM

Just a small sampling of my Transformers collection. These are the only ones I've decided to display because of room restrictions. You'll find Binaltechs (Japanese version of our US alternators), Masterpeice Prime and Megatron, and a couple of other iconic characters done for other lines (I mean come on, who wouldn't display a primus??).

#10 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:00 PM

^I have Unicron too! Jetfire looks really cool since he more closely resembles what he looked like in the cartoon (as Skyfire) and the comics. I've come close to buying the Rhodimus sooo many times, but I've kept myself from doing it so I don't go over my tight budget. I've also pinned over the Primus as well...I would LOVE one.

Now if they make an Arcee as she appeared in the movie and the 4th season, I'll go without meals for 2 days so that I can pay for her!

#11 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

Primus is one of my all time favorite transformers. I love the design and the detail. The fact that he transforms into a spherical planet is a BIG bonus.

As for Arcee, there are a lot of horribly degrading things I would consider doing if they would make her. Have you ever checked out this site http://www.cyberfembot.com/index.htm? I have been tempted to buy one of the kits, but I am not sure I could put it together.

#12 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Jun 5 2007, 05:16 PM) View Post
As for Arcee, there are a lot of horribly degrading things I would consider doing if they would make her. Have you ever checked out this site http://www.cyberfembot.com/index.htm? I have been tempted to buy one of the kits, but I am not sure I could put it together.

They DID make an Arcee. In the Energon line. She's a little pink motorcycle.

Oh... I just noticed now that you wanted one from the movie. My bad.

#13 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Jun 5 2007, 05:16 PM) View Post

They DID make an Arcee. In the Energon line. She's a little pink motorcycle.

#14 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:52 AM

^Yeah, sorry Chalky, she don't count!!! wink.gif

Slayerone-Yes I've seen that before and I too have thought about buying a kit. But I've heald off mainly for two reasons: 1) I'm not that great when it comes to model kits and 2) I have a feeling that the plastic would be very flimsy and I want a more quality product like the official Transformers figures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users