DST Goes Ape!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:42 PM

WOW!! I am definately picking this set up, like some of the other old timers here, I had these as a kid and didn't realize that they had actually made accessories for the figures too. I did a little google search and came up with this on YouTube and would love to see this stuff down the road. As far as the stuff Hasbro is doing that's similiar to the original Mego, I like some of it. I'll probable pick up the Cyclops eventually. Something to remember, different strokes for different folks wink.gif There are plenty of things out there that I don't necessarily collect, but you'd be suprised at how well it sells. I think the POTA and ST Mego stuff will do well though, since there are alot of folks out there trying to recoup what mom and dad threw out tongue.gif

#22 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:21 AM

I've been eyeing that cyclops... thing is it was too much at $19.99, then it was marked down to $14.99, now it's at $9.99 soon it will be $5.99... then I may buy one!

#23 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Sep 12 2007, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW!! I am definately picking this set up, like some of the other old timers here, I had these as a kid and didn't realize that they had actually made accessories for the figures too. I did a little google search and came up with this on YouTube and would love to see this stuff down the road. As far as the stuff Hasbro is doing that's similiar to the original Mego, I like some of it. I'll probable pick up the Cyclops eventually. Something to remember, different strokes for different folks wink.gif There are plenty of things out there that I don't necessarily collect, but you'd be suprised at how well it sells. I think the POTA and ST Mego stuff will do well though, since there are alot of folks out there trying to recoup what mom and dad threw out tongue.gif

Old Timers !?! unsure.gif Yikes!! I never thought of myself that way. My mother made me get rid of my Megos and GIJoes if I wanted to get all the new Star Wars stuff that was coming out. sad.gif . It haunts me to this day.

#24 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:57 AM

Oooo! That Hurst Sgt Stinky! Well with the re-released Action Team Joes on the shelves and these Mego Repo's that should help ease the pain and heal old wounds! laugh.gif

#25 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:53 PM

I played with these as a kid. I am fighting the urge to buy them.

#26 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:25 AM

That's until you see them Mark tongue.gif Nostalgia will kick in and that will be all she wrote laugh.gif

#27 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:39 AM

Yeah... Honsetly, I mostly had 1/6 scale Joes growing up, and it's a major reason why I still love the 1/6 scale collectibles.

I think I may end up redefiing my collection to where POTA is one of the few things I collect (along with star Trek!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users