http://www.rebelscum...gure_163718.asp

Ahsoka

#142 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

Depending on how the final product looks, I'll most certainly pick her up. 

#143 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

That prototype looks amazing. I am sure she will be another one of the hard to get ones. May need to preorder her.

#144 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:03 AM

She will definitely be a preorder for me, not gonna miss out on her.  

#145 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

Might have to start this 6" line,I like those a lot better than the small stuff.

So who liked the new trailer? I thought it was great fun!

J-R!

#146 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

I have only watched it about 10 times so I am not sure I can give a good opinion on it yet...

LOL. Just kidding. I love it. I geeked out so bad.

#147 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

The Falcon flying into the engines of the crashed Super Star Destroyer was awesome, the trailer overall was great. I'd be perfectly happy if this was the last trailer shown until the movie comes out.

#148 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

Loved the new trailer. Although all this Star Wars excitement is bumming me out a little as Star Trek again has seemingly fallen by the wayside after an awesome revival in 2009... Such a shame more wasn't made of the success that film enjoyed. 

#149 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:56 PM

Don't get me wrong, I know Star Trek is a pretty big franchise, with a massive fan base, but Star Wars is a juggernaut, its pretty much a money printing machine with how popular it is. Star Trek will never be that, or at least it would take something HUGE to make Star Trek that. Yes the 2009 reboot brought Star Trek to a more actiony place that the common people could like, but it didn't make it  as big as Star Wars. 

I miss the days of Trek merchandise being in stores, and video games being developed all the time. But that time has passed it seems, like I said it would take something huge to get Trek back to where it was in the 90s/early 2000s. 

I fully expect The Force Awakens to do massive numbers at the box office while its in theaters. 

#150 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

http://www.rebelscum...ures_163758.asp

Edit.  They made it seem like these were 6 inch but I think they are regular size

#151 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

The prototype shown is for the 6" black series. It is super articulated and has been shown 6" at several sites. The one in that last link is for the 3 3/4" line with less articulation.

#152 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

I got Bossk the other day and Hasbro has really seemed to up the quality on the 6" line..... Great figure!!

#153 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

I have no interest in the smaller scale Ahsoka figure, i'm gunning for the 6" of her, and the 6" Anakin now.

#154 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

Don't get me wrong, I know Star Trek is a pretty big franchise, with a massive fan base, but Star Wars is a juggernaut, its pretty much a money printing machine with how popular it is. Star Trek will never be that, or at least it would take something HUGE to make Star Trek that. Yes the 2009 reboot brought Star Trek to a more actiony place that the common people could like, but it didn't make it  as big as Star Wars. 

I miss the days of Trek merchandise being in stores, and video games being developed all the time. But that time has passed it seems, like I said it would take something huge to get Trek back to where it was in the 90s/early 2000s. 

I fully expect The Force Awakens to do massive numbers at the box office while its in theaters. 

Thats true man. I do love how Star Trek is the nerdier one of the two (making it the cooler one of the two) but I just wish they'd made more of the success 2009 enjoyed. 

Oh The Force Awakens will do huge numbers. I hope that by the time The Force Awakens hits theatres they'll be a trailer for Star Trek 3 attached to it...

Regarding the Black Series... It started with so much hope but does anyone else feel that it's fallen apart a bit? Hasbro just seem to be a little lost in amongst the success Lego is enjoying. 

#155 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

Thats true man. I do love how Star Trek is the nerdier one of the two (making it the cooler one of the two) but I just wish they'd made more of the success 2009 enjoyed.

From the various stories and threads I've read...JJ wanted to take Star Trek to the level of Star Wars, but since the property is divided between the two studios, he wasn't able to build the cross-media entity he wanted. Then Disney/Star Wars came along and gave him an easier road to that kind of opportunity. Oh, and money.

It is truly disappointing to see the Trek franchise "at risk" this close to the 50th anniversary. It has SO much potential to pull a Doctor Who level resurgence if the folks in charge were willing to really invest in it. Easy for me to say, I'm sure, but I can see it having a successful return to TV and even continued box office success if only the right people were running it. Whoever they might be.

Then maybe we'd have more action figures to talk about here that aren't from other franchises!

#156 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:06 PM

From the various stories and threads I've read...JJ wanted to take Star Trek to the level of Star Wars, but since the property is divided between the two studios, he wasn't able to build the cross-media entity he wanted. Then Disney/Star Wars came along and gave him an easier road to that kind of opportunity. Oh, and money.

It is truly disappointing to see the Trek franchise "at risk" this close to the 50th anniversary. It has SO much potential to pull a Doctor Who level resurgence if the folks in charge were willing to really invest in it. Easy for me to say, I'm sure, but I can see it having a successful return to TV and even continued box office success if only the right people were running it. Whoever they might be.

Then maybe we'd have more action figures to talk about here that aren't from other franchises!

I agree.  What I find funny is that Trek is so much more ingrained into the US culture and Who is a British property.   BBC knows how to do things and is behind there property 100% where CBS/Paramount is not.

#157 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:10 PM

I got Hoth Han and Taun Taun the other day. It's a nice set. The quality is better than the last couple of releases.

#158 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:05 PM

Did you buy the Han with tauntaun at retail or online? It's one I will be getting

#159 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

Got it on eBay. With shipping it came out about $5 more than in the stores. Sure beats driving around looking for one.

#160 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

Got it on eBay. With shipping it came out about $5 more than in the stores. Sure beats driving around looking for one.

Can you post a pic or two?  This is one Ive thought about.  With that being said I did pic up the Star Destroyer from the Disney Store this weekend.  They had none out so I had to ask.  Thanks God they had one in the back.  They had a great sale on the smaller ships with if you buy two or more they will be seven bucks each.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users