2 replies to this topic

#1 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:41 AM

The pilot is now available at http://startrekrenegades.com/home/

A Fan made movie. Through the 1st half, at times, it felt like it lost focus of the story and struggled, and the production level at times felt sort of like Red Dwarf. But overall, for what it is... it wasn't bad. The 2nd half seemed to gain its focus and the story started coming together. Entertaining, but ultimately it misses the mark for me. Still, I think the concept might be salvaged.

IMDB users have given it a 5/10 rating. I think thats about right. The biggest criticism, which I think I agree with... is the basic premise is not one of exploration or a "trek to the stars", but more of a dystopian nature... of war, espionage, and battles.  

In the end, it seems it was intended to introduce and establish the "Renegades", a covert "rouge" star fleet team... fashioned like the Maquis, however, the Maquis had more of an established motive and reasoning for being renegades.

Thoughts on how it could be salvaged...

Spoiler

#2 admiralsands

admiralsands

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:53 AM

The effects and music weren't bad either.  I received an email that Terry Farrell and Michael Westmore were joining.

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:57 AM

Yep. Terry announced she was joining Renegades at DragonCon, and she was outright giddy about it. Quite infectious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users