Photo

Finding out something new in a second viewing of a Trek episode?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Avoiding landing parties, surviving till the titles roll

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

Sometimes I'm watching a Star Trek episode, or a film, for the second (or more) time,  and I suddenly realise something new, whether that's continuity or similarities to something else in the Trek universe. Am I making any sense?

I'll give you a few examples:

I was watching the Doomsday Machine the other day, and it suddenly clicked, the auxiliary control room on the Constellation is the TOS equivalent of the Battle Bridge from TNG! I maybe a bit slow, maybe someone somewhere said something like that before (and that applies to everything I put here!), but I found that pretty interesting.

Today I was watching the DS9 episode "Once More Unto The Breach", and a nice bit of continuity popped up. Worf comments that he needs 6 people, not including himself, to fly the smaller class of BOP. By my count:

Kirk

Spock

McCoy

Sulu

Chekov

Uhura

Scotty

Seven, in total, needed to fly the BOP in the voyage home.

Finally, ever notice how similar the Gold TOS era mirror universe tunic is to the green wraparound worn by Kirk in our universe, and found by the mirror Archer in his universe on the Defiant, a 100 years prior? It'd obviously undergone certain changes, like the lack of sleeves, but in my mind it's nice to see the similarities, no doubt carried over due to it being found on the Defiant. A "symbol of power" perhaps in their twisted universe.

Any others anyone wants to add?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users