Stargate Toy Fair offerings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:15 PM

Besides WWE this was my second biggest disappointment of the weekend. I was totally in the dumps about not getting any new SG1 offerings and I really hope the line continues. I beleieve we also didnt get anything new from atlantis either. Is the SG lines dying out here or do you think we will get to see a continuance down the line?

#2 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

Yeah, I was rather shocked at the lack of new SG1 figures, especially since wave 4 was just the same prototypes we've seen before with the inaccurate green splotches and no knee articulation. I wonder if production is rather difficult for them on this wave? It would be understandable, there are ALOT of new costs with this wave; added knee articulation, new accessories, redone accessories (although it may only be the P90 as the same staff weapon as usual was shown), build-a-transporter rings, Jonas' likeness, the camouflage paint apps and the build-a-MALP.

There were 3 new Atlantis figures present. Carter (in new Atlantis uniform), Dr. Kaylee err Keller and John in the black garrison uniform. No clue what the 4th figure of the wave is, nor the variant. Though I'm guessing it's a field ops version of Keller. A carded version of McKay was shown though, so hopefully that means wave 2 will be out soon! biggrin.gif

I believe a 12" Mitchell was also shown, but no accessories were present for any of the 12" figures, huge mistake, IMO. They really need to be showing off the potential for these if they really want to attract people to them!

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

I liked what I saw for Atlantis and jsut becuase they didnt show anything for SG1 does not mean they wont be doing anymore.

#4 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:09 AM

I'm sure the SG-1 line isn't over. I too was disappointed by the lack of any SG-1 characters but I am sure we will see them soon.

I was very surprised at the lack of Ronon, unless DST plans on releasing him in wave 4 as an exclusive. I would have liked to finish off my SGA team this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users