• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#141 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:02 AM

Great to hear! Any pictures (preferably next to other DST ships for sense of scale)? :D

I was a bit worried it would feel to small but while its shorter than the Klingon BOP its got some nice thickness to it.  I'll try to get some pictures later.

#142 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

My BoP has shipped from EE, hopefully it won't take too long to get here.

#143 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

My BoP has shipped from EE, hopefully it won't take too long to get here.

You've got a nice ship coming your way.

Some pictures courtesy of instagram.

First the Romulan BOP with the DST original Enterprise.

https://www.instagra.../p/BPHAffZgFop/

And second the 2 BOP's together.

https://www.instagra.../p/BPHAakjgenB/

With lights on...

https://www.instagra.../p/BPDWosCAsYi/

Oh and I dont know if anyone could tell this from Zack's video but the portholes on the bridgedome light up too.

#144 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

Nice looking, does anyone know how the scale between the Enterprise and BoP compare to the show?

#145 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:15 PM

According to EAS the BOP was only 131 meters long so it was smaller than the Enterprise at least.

Oh and here's a picture of the bottom.

https://www.instagra...y=steveytrgeist

The bird seems to have a light stenciling to it but Zack will have to confirm that.

#146 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:17 PM

The R-BoP's length isn't concrete, but it's supposed to be tiny compared to the Enterprise - 66m versus 288m (the Enterprise's saucer is 128m alone). Around about the size of a Maquis Raider.

EDIT: Or 131m according to EAS, so yeah, about the size of the saucer.

Thanks or the pictures Razor. :)

#147 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

I got my RBoP and I love it. It is a great size and the color/paint is perfect. The window lights, weapon fire light, and the aft nacelle lights are what really make it pop for me. I wasn't thrilled when they announced this ship way back when but happy DST changed my mind. I have renewed hope the Reliant will also be a home run!

#148 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

Random thing on the size - the back of the DST box lists it as being 68 metres:

https://scontent-lht...34b&oe=58DC3A8F

#149 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:10 AM

I got my RBoP and I love it. It is a great size and the color/paint is perfect. The window lights, weapon fire light, and the aft nacelle lights are what really make it pop for me. I wasn't thrilled when they announced this ship way back when but happy DST changed my mind. I have renewed hope the Reliant will also be a home run!

Yeah I was floored as well.  This has me really excited about the Reliant.  Any new news on that Zack?

#150 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

I don't think Zach comes here anymore.

On Twitter he said they hope to reveal it soon.

My BoP gets here Wednesday, can't wait.

#151 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

I got it today, it's a pretty impressive ship. 

For a ship with very limited lighting options, what they did with it has made it their best lit ship. Easily.

It's gorgeous. 

jTEc3uS.jpg

I really hope they start doing some window lighting on their Federation ships, even if it's just the bigger windows. 

Here are a couple comparison shots with the Playmates BoP:
7kEgXHb.jpg

NSPouLx.jpg

I say it about every new DST ship, this is their best one. Each new ship DST releases is an improvement over the previous one, this is no exception. 

There is however one issue I've noticed, and I'm curious Razor if you have it on yours or if it's an isolated incident. 

See the gif below:

http://giphy.com/gif...ccwKG3s7m/html5

My bussard collectors fade out of sync, and it may be hard to see, but the shade of red is different. One is always lighter, and the other is darker. 

For a ship I didn't much care for initially, I am very happy to have it, and can't wait for the Reliant. 

#152 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:32 PM

There is however one issue I've noticed, and I'm curious Razor if you have it on yours or if it's an isolated incident. 

Nope cant say I noticed anything like it.

I really hope they start doing some window lighting on their Federation ships, even if it's just the bigger windows. 

I could see them doing it on the Reliant and the Defiant.  Voyager might be a little more complicated but barring al the windows you could do the larger crew quarter and mess hall windows.

#153 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:02 AM

The difference between this and the playmates version is huge! Always love seeing comparison shots.

I could see them doing it on the Reliant and the Defiant.  Voyager might be a little more complicated but barring al the windows you could do the larger crew quarter and mess hall windows.

I totally agree regarding the Defiant, the Reliant might be trickier however - the shuttlebay doors being illuminated from the top and bottom would be a great compromise though.

As for Voyager, I also completely agree. The smaller windows I'd prefer to be indented into the hull (as I like to use a fine-tip marker to colour them in myself, always neater than tampos), but the larger windows - conference and ready room either side of the bridge, mess hall and other areas with the larger windows such as Janeway's quarters, they would look lovely if lit up.

I'd also love to see more Federation ships other than the original Enterprise be given their port and starboard navigation lights (just as long as the order is correct - red left, green right). I'd argue that these would be perfect on the Defiant, as they protrude out of the nacelle casing slightly, as seen here:
http://i.imgur.com/mFRfzzE.jpg

But yeah, with tiny LEDs now being available, an upgrade that in my opinion would really justify the increase in prices generally, would be the running lights on all Federation ships. Probably won't happen, but would be amazing.

#154 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:10 PM

Gotta get one of these soon!

#155 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

They really did do a great job on this ship. However I still hate the design and overall look of the TOS Romulan BoP and can't bring myself to buy one no matter how well it is made. I'm glad that you guys that like it seem to be happy with it and DST did a good job. Hopefully Reliant turns out as good or better. I guess we'll find out in a year or so... lol!!!

#156 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:47 PM

I agree that it isn't a very exciting design, I much prefer the one from Enterprise, but what makes me actually like it is what they did with the lighting. Man, it looks so good with the lights on. This is the only ship I have with its lights on a decent amount of the time, and It isn't only because its right next to my computer. 

Look at her, such a beauty: 

oKk5STB.jpg

I guess we'll find out in a year or so... lol!!!

One can hope.

I imagine the Reliant will be awesome, they do great work whenever they release a brand new ship.

I personally hope they do some more revamps of older ships between now and the Reliant release. A TWOK with no light bleed and lights on, and an E with lights on would make me very happy.

#157 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:58 PM

It really does look nice in the dark. Man!!! If they had done an enterprise version of the Romulan BoP I would have bought two or three. I love that one.

#158 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

It would have looked so damn good next to the NX-01.

But we'll never get one. 

#159 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

I'd definitely take an Enterprise-era R-BoP. Things looks like it could easily be a 24th century version as well - I love it.

#160 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

I'd definitely take an Enterprise-era R-BoP. Things looks like it could easily be a 24th century version as well - I love it.

Yeah it would be nice.  Though honestly I'd rather have a D'Deridex class warbird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users