• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:46 PM

After seeing the Remastered Space Seed this past weeked, WOW! Seeing that really got me thinking about how awesome those two look together. I may break down and get these after all.

#2 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:59 AM

While the episode was great I am not sure I would buy this set. I wasn't really impressed with Kirk's dress uniform and besides to quote someone else on this forum - do we really need more Kirks on our toyshelves?

#3 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(Picard5 @ Mar 6 2007, 01:59 PM) View Post

While the episode was great I am not sure I would buy this set. I wasn't really impressed with Kirk's dress uniform and besides to quote someone else on this forum - do we really need more Kirks on our toyshelves?

Yes... for me anyway since he is my favorite character in Star Trek. I agree thought that I always thought the dress uniforms really looked kind of cheap and I wasn't impressed with them when I was a kid either, but I'll be pickinig up the set since both figures look pretty nice to me.

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:56 AM

I was really excited about this set untill they announced the TWOK movie figures and my thoughts turned straight to those. Now I doubt that I will pick this set up. With movie stuff coming I have no use for any more TOS unless it is something completely new and over the top.

#5 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:21 AM

Well, the only Kirk figure that I have currently is the Battle Damaged Kirk. I need another one! LOL. Plus, Khan looks awesome.

#6 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:44 AM

While I'll agree, we don't need another Kirk, this set is awesome and I plan on getting him. If anything, maybe this will convince DST to do Spock, McCoy and Scotty in dress uniform. Like Stormfury, I saw this episode this weekend and it made me look forward to it even more.

#7 Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Collecting, Movie &amp; TV, Writing, Photography<br /><br />&amp; STAR TREK!!!

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

I'll be picking one up. The set looks great, and yes, we must have more Kirks!!!! biggrin.gif

#8 BStu

BStu

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

I like the dress uniform on Kirk and I think that's a very cool version of Khan. (especially considering how easy it would have been to do him in his red engineer's uniform) I'm not completely settled on getting it just yet. I was never as big into TOS as I was the more recent shows, but that is a very pretty Khan figure, so I may yet bite.

#9 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

after cooling off about it a bit, I think I may wait and see the TWOK figures and see how satisfying those are before I go buying these

#10 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Mar 6 2007, 09:56 AM) View Post

I was really excited about this set untill they announced the TWOK movie figures and my thoughts turned straight to those. Now I doubt that I will pick this set up. With movie stuff coming I have no use for any more TOS unless it is something completely new and over the top.

My exact sentiments.

#11 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

I'm buying the set. It's like a light brunch before a feast of TWOK to come!

#12 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:18 AM

not counting color variants how many kirks do we actually have?
Green Kirk
Yellow Kirk
Pilot Kirk
Mirror Kirk (though i might label this as a completely different character)
Movie Kirk
Dress Kirk
Battle Damaged Kirk

seven kirks for the most recognizable star trek personality? i think thay may be just right. honestly I dont know how many more kirks they could come up with! Its aslo a shame that even with 7 kirks not one is shirtless!

#13 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Mar 15 2007, 08:18 AM) View Post
not counting color variants how many kirks do we actually have?
Green Kirk
Yellow Kirk
Pilot Kirk
Mirror Kirk (though i might label this as a completely different character)
Movie Kirk
Dress Kirk
Battle Damaged Kirk

seven kirks for the most recognizable star trek personality? i think thay may be just right. honestly I dont know how many more kirks they could come up with! Its aslo a shame that even with 7 kirks not one is shirtless!

Of course, you're forgetting that Movie Kirk comes in both the closed-jacket and open, bloody-jacket varieties...Dunno if you count that as another version, but I think that since there's a new sculpt on the jacket it might be...that makes it 8!

#14 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Mar 15 2007, 07:18 AM) View Post

Well, you can make one or two other variants easy....just take an xacto knife and make a slice through BD Kirk's chest and you've got Amok Time Kirk.

As for shirtless Kirk, if you were to remove green shirt's tunic, what would it look like underneath? Would the articulation point in the abdominal area make it look weird?

#15 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:37 AM

The chest piece of the Green shirt and Mirror Kirk (which would be better due to bare arms) is only developed at the shoulder blades, the rest is a passable chest. The belly of the problem is that (pun intended) the abdomen region is not defined at all, and is infact black. If you have some skills you could probably make it with a Mirror Kirk (you really need the bare arms and joints), some Sculpty and a new coat of paint. I could post a pic of the parts on the custom thread later, but back on topic.
I will likely buy a set of Kirk and Khan, but then I am going to want a Spock for sure, and since they are making one, how about a McCoy and Scotty too. Make sure there is a Kilted Scotty, which is all we need, as we can switch up the legs to make a non-kilted too. Bottom line is that I would like Kirk, but I might want some extras for customizing, but what will I do with all the dress Khans, I can use the head, but the costume is unique

#16 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:33 PM

I was thinking about turning the dress khan into a custom phlox figure

#17 Doesitmatter

Doesitmatter

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:57 AM

We offered the world ORDER!

#18 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(Doesitmatter @ Mar 16 2007, 10:57 AM) View Post

THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!!!

#19 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(Doesitmatter @ Mar 16 2007, 09:57 AM) View Post

From Hells heart, I stabbeth thee! For hates sake, I spit...my last...peth..at thee.

#20 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:11 PM

biggrin.gif

Definately grabbing this set....I really like the look of Khan. Not phased by Kirk.

How many more Kirks do we need I heard asked, well:

TMP with chair
Movie VI with chair

And ofcourse....SHIRTLESS...it's Kirk! I recall, as I'm sure you do Slayer, than many people requested shirtless figures of the men from Buffy/Angel....but DST would only do them with battle damage....which was fine with me. It's just nice to have some flesh on display.

They don't need to be flexing & winking at us laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users