Cool contests in the Members Only Section

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:26 PM

As some of you registered members already know, there are some cool contests going on in the Members Only section of the forum. One of them is being held by one of the members and looks like fun. Slayerone76 has created our very first TTF Contest and has some sweet swag for those who enter. To find out more, just click here->TrekToy Forum Contest #1. Then there's the second one where you decide the new name for the Ask The Donster. Unfortunately here, the only thing you'll receive is a vote on your entry from your fellow members and their undying gratitude if you win. So what are you waiting for? Register(If you haven't already, you should) and get over there and get to entering. Good luck to all who enter.

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:28 AM

OK look

You get FREE stuff, you don't even pay for shipping.

You have to do very little to enter.

Sounds good to me!

#3 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:16 AM

C'mon, free swag and you get to decide what the new Q&A is called too?!?!?!? Sounds like a win, win situation to me. So stop reading this and let your voice be heard.

#4 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:19 PM

Alright crew, let's get busy. Both the contest and poll are currently in progress in the Members Only Section of the forum. There's only been 28 votes on the poll so far and not very many entries in the fun contest unsure.gif So get on over and let your voice be heard, otherwise you can never say nothing fun is ever done on the forum tongue.gif

#5 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

Since you bring up the "Members only section", i have a question about that. Why do we need a "Members only section" when no one but the members can read the forum anyway? BTW, my vote has been cast in the poll and i have posted in the contest thread just to stay on topic.

#6 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

People that are not members can read the forum except the members only section. None members cannot post anywhere.

#7 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

I see "Protected Forum" messages when i go to this site before i login, and its not readable. Unless there is some sort of a ban on my IP address, everyone elses should be the same.

#8 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

VF, pm one of the admin's and let them know the trouble you are experiencing with the forum. But I want to make sure this topic stays on point. Since it's about the contest and poll in the Members Only Section and nothing else. If you have any further questions, please take it through the pm system and contact a senior staff member to insure that your issues are addressed. Back on topic, still only 2 more days to go on the poll.

#9 krash

krash

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Jun 10 2007, 12:34 AM) View Post
I see "Protected Forum" messages when i go to this site before i login, and its not readable. Unless there is some sort of a ban on my IP address, everyone else's should be the same.

I think that you may not have looked in some time. When the new version of the forum was put in place it was like that but it has not been that way for some time. I read about half the time not logged in at work.

#10 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(Crash Test Dummy @ Jun 10 2007, 08:50 AM) View Post
I think that you may not have looked in some time. When the new version of the forum was put in place it was like that but it has not been that way for some time. I read about half the time not logged in at work.

Actually, it was like that up until yesterday when i posted about it here, then miraculously it changed. Apparently an Admin made some changes to correct it.

#11 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:17 AM

There was nothing miraculous about it, once the new board was put into place, it was put up with the "Default Settings" in place, banning guests or members not logged in (Which that is what the Board considers you until logged in) from viewing the board. No Grassy Knoll.

The setting has been changed, thanks for pointing out the problem VF, now to get back on topic.

I have taken the time to setup a new section where members can post about any Website or Forum issues they might encounter rather than disrupting ongoing threads, it is located here:

http://www.trektoy.c...hp?showforum=36

#12 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:59 PM

8 hours remaining in the Name Game Poll in the Members Only Section of the forum gang wink.gif Then it's off to sudden death, with the final deathmatch biggrin.gif

#13 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Jun 4 2007, 11:26 PM) View Post
Then there's the second one where you decide the new name for the Ask The Donster. Unfortunately here, the only thing you'll receive is a vote on your entry from your fellow members and their undying gratitude if you win.

You know, I'm sure that sugggesting the winning entry is its own reward, but I can never stand to see anyone walk away from a contest without winning an actual prize. So I've decided to give the winner, TLAMGUY, a choice in prizes from my own collection! A DST TOS Enterprise, a DST Enterprise-E, or a New Force exclusive white handled TOS phaser. I'll be in touch with the winner to see which prize he would like to choose.

#14 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

^Aww man, that's AWESOME!!! Very cool of you knightone. I wasn't really jealous of TLAMGUY before, but now I am LOL. j/k wink.gif

#15 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Jun 17 2007, 12:46 AM) View Post
^Aww man, that's AWESOME!!! Very cool of you knightone. I wasn't really jealous of TLAMGUY before, but now I am LOL. j/k wink.gif

TLAMGUY made out on this deal, congrats and enjoy your prize! Thanks to Knightone for being very gracious in offering those prize options!

#16 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

Very nice, knightone!

#17 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:22 PM

Well, so far, I have given away a Soldiers of the Empire Worf, a Nemesis Geordi, and a Chain of Command Data in the Trektoy Forum contests. Coming up will be TWOK SDCC exclusives and I have a couple of sets of Minimates to give away. I think we might see a ship or two in the contest as well, but I am not sure what I over ordered. LOL

Anyway, for all you newbies and lurkers out there, get signed up and be on the lookout for September's contest coming up in the next few days!

#18 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:40 PM

The October contest is up in the Member's Only section, so check it out!

#19 TLAMGUY

TLAMGUY

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Blowing stuff up and collecting TOS Trek

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(knightone @ Jun 17 2007, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, I'm sure that sugggesting the winning entry is its own reward, but I can never stand to see anyone walk away from a contest without winning an actual prize. So I've decided to give the winner, TLAMGUY, a choice in prizes from my own collection! A DST TOS Enterprise, a DST Enterprise-E, or a New Force exclusive white handled TOS phaser. I'll be in touch with the winner to see which prize he would like to choose.

Well....better late than never. Thanks to KNIGHTONE for the cool TOS Enterprise. She sits proudly on my desk within activation reach. I have renamed one of her shuttles "The Diamond Mine" in honor of our cool contests. Stay tuned, possible unique prizes in the future.

#20 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:54 PM

November's contest is up and running in the Member's Only section. Go forth and win!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users