Will Riker's Content

There have been 7 items by Will Riker (Search limited from 26-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#37606 General Trek Movie Discussion & Review Thread

Posted by Will Riker on 09 May 2009 - 12:10 AM in SciFi news.

While I know its unlikely to happen, who's to say that by the end of the 3rd movie (assuming the 2nd one does well enough to spawn a 3rd) the ST timeline that we know isn't restored?

While it would defeat the purpose of the 'reboot', I think there could be some potential in seeing Nimoy-Spock trying to restore the timeline he knew at the expense of Quinto-Spock's timeline. (That would of course depend on Nimoy still being alive if a 3rd movie were to be made).

#36600 Is this a Polarilla?

Posted by Will Riker on 23 April 2009 - 12:13 AM in SciFi news.

Having seen the film, I can tell you guys what that creature is, but for fear of spoiling it for anyone, I've typed it up in white below:

Its a monster that attacks Kirk on the planet Delta Vega - i saw it referred to in one review as the 'vagina-monster'. Take away from that what you will lol. It is definately NOT Scotty's assistant!

Hope that helps!

#36436 General Trek Movie Discussion & Review Thread

Posted by Will Riker on 21 April 2009 - 02:26 AM in SciFi news.

Hey guys,

I know I haven't posted here in forever, but after last night I fel compelled too biggrin.gif

I went to the London premiere last night and I have to say I though the film was very good (although there were one or two things I wasn't too thrilled about!) I can't wait for the rest of you to see it so we can all have a mass discussion, but for now I'll remain tigh-lipped and spoiler-free hehe.

I will say this though - and I don't know if anybody else who has seen the film feels the same way - but Karl Urban's performance as McCoy was brilliant. I'm sure everyone will rave about Quinto's portrayal of Spock (and rightly so) but I was immensely impressed with Urban. From his look, to his mannerisms, to his accent - there were times when I had to remind myself that it wasn't DeForest Kelley playing McCoy, he was that good.

Next up is Star Trek at the IMAX for me - can't wait to see it again!

Oh, and if Jules still visits these boards, here's a little something for you - Clarkson, Hammond and May were also at the premiere last night as well. They were all mobbed on the way out - Hammond really is quite small lol.

#32988 Whatever Happened to Hunky Artist?

Posted by Will Riker on 25 February 2009 - 04:18 PM in Random thoughts.

I'm still around Jules smile.gif

I just don't post a lot, plus I'm busy with work.

How's the teacher training? I'm working in a school environment as well, but I'm a Curriculum Resources Assistant for History & Social Sciences - quite a mouthful!

#23374 Return of 'Top Gear' Thread

Posted by Will Riker on 31 July 2008 - 03:08 PM in Random thoughts.

Sorry Jules - I've seen the latest series, but we've not been able to add our own little comments on each episode!

I thought it was a great series, personally - loved the whole England vs Germany challenges of the last ep, although i feel they could've based a whole hour around it, not just 15-20 minutes!

BTW, one of my highlights was definately the whole Clarkson vs. the Bullet Train - especially the part where Hammond somehow managed to get himself seperated from May while they were both on the same train!

#23373 It's been a while...

Posted by Will Riker on 31 July 2008 - 03:04 PM in Random thoughts.

Hehe, thanks guys!

Congrats Jules - what classification did you get?

What are you studying, Slayer?

#23337 It's been a while...

Posted by Will Riker on 31 July 2008 - 01:28 AM in Random thoughts.

Hi guys

Some of you may remember me, some may not, but these past six months or so have been a very busy time for me, and as such I haven't been around all that much.

But, now that I've graduated from university, I've got a bit more time on my hands, so I just thought I'd take the time to say I'm back!  biggrin.gif

How's life been treating everyone?