Photo

Mego Corporation Revival - Could this mean new Star Trek toys?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#81 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

I think the ones on EE are from Figures Toy Company, they make Mego reproductions and some of their own.

#82 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:46 PM

I see... They all look like knock offs to me! ;-)  I guess I figure if your a fan of the style... whats the difference, though I think the price point is high. 

#83 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:28 PM

The figures toy company figures seem to have a higher price than the new Mego's have. BTW, there are a few new Mego's on the Target.com website now, Andre the giant, Marilyn Monroe, Farrah Fawcett, and Muhammad Ali. Not my thing, but hopefully new Star Trek figures will show up there soon.

#84 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:21 PM

I see the green tunic Kirk is on target.com

Good price... ugly color though!

#85 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

It's a little better if you look at it through a 1966 CRT television.  ;)

#86 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

I guess it's all in what you like, some people like AbramsTrek figures that are at least 25% different than real Star Trek, and some people like Mego figures that represent the best of Star Trek . Kirk's tunic looks fine to me.

#87 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

It looks florescent lime green to me!

#88 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:48 AM

If you've ever had a chance to see the original uniforms in person, you'd be surprised at the color difference. The fabric used on Kirk's tunic could be identical to what was used onscreen but because you're seeing it under very different lighting conditions, it won't look the same.

#89 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

http://www.megomuseu...star-trek-line/

#90 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:45 AM

What a strange time, when in 2019 MEGO is pumping out more Star Trek figures than McFarlane and DST combined!

I miss Star Trek Minimates.  :(

#91 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:39 PM

The next wave of 8 figures is showing up on Entertainment Earth. I have been concerned that all of the figures on eBay, are asking twice the Target price, a little out of my comfort zone. EE has them for just a little over the new Target pricing, hooray!!
Now I just have to find the best shipping fees to Canada.

#92 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:39 PM

The next wave of 8 figures is showing up on Entertainment Earth. I have been concerned that all of the figures on eBay, are asking twice the Target price, a little out of my comfort zone. EE has them for just a little over the new Target pricing, hooray!!
Now I just have to find the best shipping fees to Canada.

#93 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:37 PM

If you've ever had a chance to see the original uniforms in person, you'd be surprised at the color difference.

Kirks Green tunic never looked like that kind of green to me... and I kinda care about how it looks on film... not really in person... because these days you'd have to have someone in a green onesie with balls on them for the stop motion :-) 

I guess that means the Target exclusivity is over? 

What a strange time, when in 2019 MEGO is pumping out more Star Trek figures than McFarlane and DST combined!

These can't be expensive to make right now... they are basically a nostalgia play as theres nothing very innovative about them.

If you buy em off EE, your going to have a couple openers... and sadly the roman is short packed,... still people seem willing to pay top dollar for a mego romulan... though I'd think the market would be getting saturated.... but doesn't seems so.

#94 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

Interested in seeing what the 14" Star Trek figures look like. I never cared for the STTMP mego 12" figures back in the day, sculpts were no where near as good as the 8" figures.

#95 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:46 AM

Oh, I thought it was four figures. Maybe I can sell the other Dress Kirk, I dont like the colour... that makes them, cheaper than Target

#96 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 06:56 AM

Maybe cheaper in Canada? US Target was selling them for 12.99 + tax... so at $84 for the case of 6 I think its about the same price. If they are going for decent prices on eBay I guess you could sell the extras... you'd probably need 20USD to break even after costs. 

#97 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:00 PM

Actually It looks like the pricepoint has gone up at target, to $16 each.
BBTS has four figures for $59, and a selling date in March. Could this mean end of March, as EE says April?
I sure hope they release new figures soon, as this set is basically re-releases of the Target figures, with different costumes. And the Romulan Could have had this costume, from the beginning. We need Mirror; McCoy, Scotty, and Moreau so we can get regular uniforms too. And how about more aliens; corrected costumes of Mugatu,Talosian, Klingon. How about the Emce proposed figures, or are they not his property, he was part of the company...
hopefully there is news next weekend

#98 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

The 14" Star Trek figures they revealed at Toy fair look awful. They are reusing the awful STTMP sculpts. Very disappointing.

#99 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:37 AM

have any of them been new sculpts? I thought they were just dragging out the old molds... maybe putting some new cloth on a few?

#100 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:27 AM

The pictures I saw were 4 figures, Kirk, Spock, Gorn and a red shirt security dude. They were in TOS uniforms but had the ugly STTMP sculpts for Kirk and Spock. Hideous looking.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users