• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

As most people know, Japan was hit by a devastating Earthquake, and I just wanted to say my thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan.

In this day and age, such things are never isolated, and an event such as this really brings it home. I work in the Nuclear Power Industry and the repercussions of the earthquake at the Fukushima Nuclear facility are being felt all the way around the world to the eastern seaboard of the US.

Best wishes to the people of Japan, and especially to the people of TEPCO who are dealing with the aftermath of such an earthquake.

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

I saw footage on tv of the damage in Japan, it looks awful. We should count our blessings everyday that we live in safety and health and never take it for granted.

#3 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

+1. Could just as easily happen to us in SoCal.

#4 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan as well as the people who will be affected by the Tsumanis.

#5 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:27 PM

I couldn't believe the footage I woke up to on TV today.

All I can give are my thoughts, well wishes, and sympathy for the whole population of Japan. Judging by the scale of the devestation, there won't be a family in that country that isn't affected.

Ireland's rolling news channel was given over, most of the day, to carrying NHK World, a Japanese rolling news channel with English language bulletins on the half hour. My heart went out to the presenter, He was barely keeping it together as he read out the casualty reports coming in to him.

5 primary school kids killed when the corridor they were running through to shelter collapsed. 2 Factory workers killed when they breathed noxious fumes from a cracked pipe carrying industrial chemicals... I don't think I'll ever forget those individual deaths. Then there's the apocalyptic footage of tar-like roiling walls of debris consuming rows of polytunnel farmland, pushing boats, cars and bodies kilometers inland.

What a f****** tragedy.

#6 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

I was worried; a Japanese colleague of my father's lives near Tokyo. Fortunately we found out that Kiyoshi and his family are alive and well - though rather worried for the future, as you can imagine.

#7 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

Definitely puts life and some of its frivolities into perspective. Hopefully this tragedy will help bring the world a little closer in the end sleep.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users