• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:18 PM

I went by the only Suncoast store that i know of in my part of the state of NC today which is about 40 plus miles from me ,hoping to see some of the newer Star Trek figures on the pegs but it was just another disappointment. Suncoast seems to have bailed on Star Trek memorabilia since they couldnt move the 2009 Star Trek stuff. For years you could count on seeing the newest stuff show up there, even though it was expensive, at least it was there. I think what happened is that their overinflated prices bit them in the rear because most people that are into Star Trek DST know that they can get them cheaper online and so the Suncoast stuff usually only sells on clearance. You would think a store chain the size of Suncoast could get a better price than Rick does and would price them at least as low as Rick does so that they could actually sell some of them. Maybe i dont understand retail sales but it seems logical to me to sell at a decent price so you have a chance to move some stock rather than let it hang forever on the peg until its trashed and can only sell it for a fraction of what you could have gotten for it to begin with. Suncoast seems like a shell of its former self now.

#2 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

it is. all of the Suncoast around my way in NJ closed down. i use to get some of my trek from them as well, but cus of stores like best buy & circuit city no more S.C. And to top it all off Suncoast had the best selection of movies, Anime you name it you could find it at Suncoast.

#3 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:34 AM

I'd never shop there for movies (way too expensive), but they were a great place for figures. I do miss browsing there, they've been gone for quite some time now around here.

#4 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (reverie @ Nov 12 2010, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd never shop there for movies (way too expensive), but they were a great place for figures. I do miss browsing there, they've been gone for quite some time now around here.

I did a lot more browsing in there than buying. I would say one out of every four trips there i bought something. That was back when there was something there to look at though. I probably wont go back any time soon unless i am close by doing something else. I bought a few movies there when they were on sale and i got the 2009 Star Trek movie steelcase dvd there because i think it was an exclusive.

#5 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

The Trek steelcase sounds pretty cool! Thinking about it, I picked up a WOK Terrell for a fellow board member at Suncoast..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users