• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

In My 46 years i have had many experiences, many good ones and some not so good, some downright bad. Like many of us here, i have worked all of my adult life, tried to pay my bills, be responsible,pay my taxes, Vote and be a generally upstanding citizen. Also, like some of us, i have suffered through some bad family relationships, with some (if not most) of the blame being mine for the state of the relationship being bad. Trying to be good is not easy, with failing at that pretty common for most of us. We go along with our lives thinking that one day we will get ourselves straightened out and be the kind of husband,father, son,neighbor that we ought to be, but it never seems to happen. The truth is, we cannot get ourselves straightened out on our own, only God can do that in our lives. I hope that everyone here that reads this will let this sink in because this can completely change your life. God is the creator of the Heavens and the Earth, and He created you too. He loves you so much that he planned you and designed you even before the world was created to be a unique child of God that He could have a loving, personal Father/child relationship with. He loves you so much that He gave His Son Jesus as a sacrifice for you, to die on the cross as a blood atonement for your sin, that separated you from fellowship with God at the moment Adam and Eve used their free will to disbey God in the garden of eden by eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Jesus's Death on the cross paid the price that you owed for your transgression against God , restoring the spiritual fellowship between God and Man if you will only come to Christ and place your faith in Him! The Bible says that we are all separated from God by sin, and the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. I have learned that there is a creator and God, who gave us His Word(The Bible) as our instruction book for life, and as long as we do not follow what our creator instructs us to do, we will make a mess out of our lives.

You may be thinking"I have heard all of this before, this is just for weak minded people that cant cope with life on their own. The Bible says that God can work through human weakness because thats when the person is at a point when he will actually take his mind off of other things and place his thoughts on to God. People who are so busy with work, home and hobbies are less likely to think about God and consider the enormity of what God has done for them and so they go about there lives and forget about God and allow dysfunction and destruction to reign in their lives instead of God.This post is direct from God to you "I love you, come back to Me, repent of any sin that is in your life, place your faith in My Son Jesus, and let me fix your life and bless you and make you whole again!"

This topic is not meant to start any flame wars, its posted here because i care about you all and hope you will examine your own lives and let your Creator have His rightful place in your life again! I have had 2 of my coworkers die in the last three weeks, as well as an inmate at the Prison that i work in and i am not sure if any of them knew Christ, although i had shared Christ with the inmate a month before he died. At the time i had no idea that he would be dead in a month, i was just trying to be obedient to the Lord by sharing with him. I pray Gods blessing in your lives as you consider the truth in this post. Anyone who would like to converse with me concerning this post, please send me a pm. Thanks.

#2 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

I don't follow any faith, but I appreciate the sentiment VF. However, I do believe it should be noted in the title that this is a religious message. It's a little daunting since it's not exactly something you commonly find on here, so putting a warning could stop potential overreacting.

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

I'm a mind to say this. If you agree with VF then contact him or post in this thread. IF you don't, then just move to another thread.

#4 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:17 PM

While I myself am not religious, I do appreciate and admire people who have found faith. I'm glad you have found the path that speaks to you. I hope it brings you joy and enlightenment. I hope you achieve what you have sought for so long and become the man you want to be.

#5 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:17 AM

It may be part of a Christian's mission to spread the word, but I'm not sure that here is an appropriate place to do it.

#6 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (JulesLuvsShinzon @ Nov 5 2010, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It may be part of a Christian's mission to spread the word, but I'm not sure that here is an appropriate place to do it.

:shrug: It is in "random thoughts" I guess. And I'm agnostic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users