Photo

Stylized Star Trek Cartoon (Fan Made)

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

As some of you know I do 3D work and I am a Star Trek fan. After watching the Clone Wars movie and being a fan of 3D cartoons I have tasked myself with designing my own stylized Star Trek Cartoon in my spare time. I know that the stylized look is not for everyone but this is what I would do with it if Paramount were to approach me. LOL. I may do a whole episode after I get all of the design work done or I may just do a trailer or I may never get to it at all but it is fun to design everything. So without further ado... Here is a quick Render of 4 of the main characters. Let me know what you think but please play nice. Oh and the name of it is going to be: Star Trek: The Adventures of the Starship Avenger... Or maybe just Star Trek: Avenger. I havnt decided yet.

Crew Shot (static poses non rigged): Captain Rick Stone, Dr. Stell, Security Chief (no name yet) Science Officer (No Name yet).

More pics coming soon...

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:30 PM

Interesting uniforms. What time period are you looking at? I wish I could do stuff like that!

#3 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:35 PM

Oh wow, I think they are really funky JMW!

Sleek, stylish & colourful. Very Trek.

Had to snicker at the female Office wearing the bloody blue uniform though. biggrin.gif

#4 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(TheHSBR @ Sep 3 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting uniforms. What time period are you looking at? I wish I could do stuff like that!

I am looking pretty far into the future after Nemesis. There is history to build on but something that can be its own entity without having to worry about getting every fact right. I am going to design some weapons next and touch up some textures on the ship before I put pics of it up. Then I will start working on the baddies, still trying to figure out who or what I would like as the villians.

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 3 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh wow, I think they are really funky JMW!

Sleek, stylish & colourful. Very Trek.

Had to snicker at the female Office wearing the bloody blue uniform though. biggrin.gif

The unifrom color is not set in stone for her yet. But I thought that you would like the hair. LOL.

#5 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

Maybe the Andorians, Orions or Hirogen would be cool. I just noticed that their rank is behind their comm pins. thats a pretty cool idea.

#6 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:56 PM

Wow, JMW! I think those look great. I definitely think you should do a project of some kind with this. I'd love to see an entire episode. I'd love to see an entire series of episodes.

#7 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:54 AM

Very cool! You should drop a background in, it's hard to make a lot out with the black uniforms. I look forward to seeing more, and an animation of some sort would be awesome!

#8 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:07 AM

I will add a background later (or at least change it to something lighter) I just wanted to get a basic shot up for now. After I get some more characters done I will start the ever so fun task of rigging for animation (I hate rigging LOL). That way I can get some non generic (hero) poses done. I appreciate the feed back and the kind words. Thanks all.

#9 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:27 AM

I think would make some neat avatars hint hint

#10 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:52 AM

Hmmm.... Interesting Idea... biggrin.gif

Update on the Villian (or should I say villians...).

The working idea for the main villian is as follows:This is set around 200 years after Nemesis. The Romulans after holding a truce with the Federation for many years have secretly started to revert to thier old ways. Sending a spy to infiltrate a Starfleet research laboratory to try and gain a tactical advantage he comes across a crate simply labled Lore. After returninng to Romulus and discovering what exactly they had made away with the Romulan Empire decided that they would use the dismanteled android as a template to create thier own artificial army in order to conquer and rule all. Unfortunately for them The newly developed and highly upgraded androids re assembled Lore and with his leadership rebelled and overran the Romulan Star Empire making it thier own and creating a new threat for all sentient life. The new Army of Soong Has turned both Romulus and Remus into planatary sized factorys building troops and ships to cary out thier goal of conquest.

#11 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:56 AM

Yes!

#12 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

Here is a taste of the ship. I will do some actual renders later:

Avenger:

#13 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

Here are a few Quick Avatars I made up. I have a few other ideas that I will put together when things slow down here a little:

Captain

Commander

Lt. Commander

Lt.

Ensign

Crewman

Crew

#14 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:56 PM

Here is the hand phaser I have been working on.

#15 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:21 PM

Me like!

I notice there are three setting buttons. What is the third one for? Is the power meter the multi-faceted grid on top?

#16 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:33 PM

Glad you like it. The third button is to set the remote detinator. You press that and it locks a signal to your communicator. You can then get to a safe distance and detinate it remotely by tapping your comm badge. I plan to change the color of the setting buttons to show a little better that they are meant for different purposes. The display on top is the power setting indicator. I had them all lit up for the purpose of this picture but the light I set up kind of washed them out. You can see the color differences better in the reflection on the last picture

#17 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:23 AM

are you going to make a star trek anime?

#18 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

I am thinking of doing it more like the recent Clone Wars movie and upcomming series. Maybe just a touch anime-ish (is that a word)?

#19 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

Here is a prototype of what the Romulan based Android is going to look like. I am not dead set on the uniform yet but you get the idea.

#20 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

I am not a fan of the stylized stuff, but you have done some great work here JMW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users