NDStache11's Content

There have been 10 items by NDStache11 (Search limited from 28-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#42169 Enterprise 1701-D

Posted by NDStache11 on 26 June 2009 - 11:27 PM in AA / DST

If you push that button on the secondary hull in until it clicks, the lights should stay on until you push it again

#42165 Enterprise 1701-D

Posted by NDStache11 on 26 June 2009 - 11:13 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (LT CMDR DATA @ Jun 26 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well we know that the E is starfleet's most advance ship, i think the reason its small is because since it has a slimer neck the height is small but longer and that lately a few new ship such was the voyger, equinox and defiant are becoming smaller, which means that smaller is better than bigger who knows. i still love the E its still my favorite but seeing it in scale with the D is a surprise to me, just saying.

IMHO, they got rid of the D far before its time. She had a lot left in the tank, and as far as in-universe technology goes it easily could have been upgraded had they kept it around. Always my favorite ship.

Back to discussion on the DST version though, looking at mine it is incredible how much detail they got on this sucker (even with that neck, which hasn't been as bad for me as I thought). It really is gorgeous. And its also noteworthy how well they got it to look like the studio model. I stumbled across these pics of the 6-footer TNG model from the Christie's auction online, and in addition to showing just how crazy awesome the studio model is they also show how much DST got right: http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=9211

#41915 Star Trek PC Games

Posted by NDStache11 on 24 June 2009 - 09:46 PM in Random thoughts.

I think Star Trek: Starfleet Command III is my favorite. I love the TNG setting, and I would love to see a SFC IV spanning more time periods and with a Z-axis. But SFC III is great. I also love the Armada series, and "A Final Unity" was a sweet game. I never got to finish it though, my computer back in the day wasn't that special and had a hard time with it. Every time we would fix a problem with running the game another would crop up down the road.

#41903 Building Bridges

Posted by NDStache11 on 24 June 2009 - 08:53 PM in Random thoughts.

I would love the Enterprise-D Bridge from Star Trek: Generations. I loved the regular D bridge to begin with, and I thought the addition of the starboard/port stations was genius. I really wish that the D survived Generations- it would have been interesting to work it into the Dominion War storyline and see the change aboard the Enterprise from a time of peace to a time of war... I really think it would have been effective. For that matter, I don't thing TNG should've been taken off the air at all. But those are discussions for another day and topic... smile.gif

#41901 Enterprise 1701-D

Posted by NDStache11 on 24 June 2009 - 08:02 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (JonWes @ Jun 23 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only other big issue I have is the paint on the neck of the D. I don't mind that the windows are not there.... but I really wish it looked like the AGT-D. Not only are the windows not there but the gray paint they used on the lines seems darker then the AGT version too. But, overall it doesn't impact it too bad... it just would have been perfect if this was not incorrect.

First off, great pics JonWes! Second, I totally agree with you on the difference in the gray paint- I hadn't noticed until you posted that pic! Does anyone have any opinion on how that might be made to look better on the regular D? Maybe using some paint that matches the neck paneling on the AGT D? Or if an after-market decal is made, would that serve to soften the dark gray?

#40912 AGT NCC-1701-D Preorder and new picture

Posted by NDStache11 on 14 June 2009 - 08:18 PM in AA / DST

A real-world example of an otherwise great product marred by a deficiency in production: http://www.despair.c...d24x30prin.html

Especially exasperating is how DST/AA kept pushing in their production blog how they were going to make this product "perfect". Close, but no cigar.

Okay, setting aside DST bashing for a second, is anybody else planning on trying to add windows themselves? I know there was a post earlier about applying a custom set of decals, are there Galaxy decals in a similar scale (maybe from Federation Models?) that could be modified to be used here? Or does anyone have some other ideas?

#40826 AGT NCC-1701-D Preorder and new picture

Posted by NDStache11 on 14 June 2009 - 11:48 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE (FHC @ Jun 14 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that DST turned down the first three examples they were sent. I would really like to see one of them.

Does anybody know if DST uses production samples for promotional purposes (like Toy Fair, advertisements, their catalog, etc.)? Every picture I saw up until the recent ones had the neck right.

#40810 AGT NCC-1701-D Preorder and new picture

Posted by NDStache11 on 14 June 2009 - 09:24 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE (Thomas E. Johnson @ Jun 14 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will have my decal designing friend come up with the missing windows.

If you could let us know how that turns out that would be great. I know I'll be looking for a way to fix it when mine arrives, it's gonna bother me way too much otherwise.

#40776 AGT NCC-1701-D Preorder and new picture

Posted by NDStache11 on 14 June 2009 - 12:30 AM in AA / DST

Two new videos of the regular D are up on YouTube, and at least to me it looks like they do not have windows on the neck either:

Maybe its just me, but if this is the case then I'm extremely bummed about it. With the amount of delays this has had, I would put this in the range of inexcusable, especially since the AGT version does have the windows. When I look at those Flickr photos it really looks like they got lazy and didn't finish the job (even more noticeable when you compare it to the shot they have in the DST catalog). And its a shame, because the sculpt and the rest of the detailing looks absolutely gorgeous. Can anyone shed more light on this?

#40774 New to the board, getting back into collecting Star Trek

Posted by NDStache11 on 14 June 2009 - 12:19 AM in New Cadets, report here.

Hey Everybody, just wanted to introduce myself. Life-long Star Trek fan and now in college; had a fair-sized collection back in the Playmates days but haven't gotten anything since the AA Nemesis wave. Thanks to the new movie as well as DST's upcoming release of the Enterprise-D, I've been inspired to get back in the game biggrin.gif