• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:31 AM

Do you all think it's too late/too expensive to collect the TOS cast?

meaning

Kirk (Both Green and Gold... I love that green uniform)
Spock
McCoy
Uhura
Scotty
Checkov
Sulu
KHAN

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:00 AM

I moved this as I felt that it was more about collecting then AA toys.

To answer you try this, go to http://www.playtrek.com
This a a mailing list where members try to help other members find things at cost. In the case of very rare items at least you can find them at better deals then Ebay. I would not place the first set of figures as expensive other one or two of them and even then they do not bring truly "rare prices"

I hope that helps.

##EDIT##

I recieved a PM from a member nicely asking why I moved this here and I thougt that I would explain myself better. This is the reply that I sent back. I love that older member look out for the newer ones, that is so cool. Anyway here is my reply...

Well I thought about it but in the end...

The heading reads
"Too late to collect TOS toys?"
This says nothing about AA

Then the post says
"Do you all think it's too late/too expensive to collect the TOS cast?

meaning

Kirk (Both Green and Gold... I love that green uniform)
Spock
McCoy
Uhura
Scotty
Checkov
Sulu
KHAN"

This also does not say AA and since Playmates made all of these figures it is not an AA only thing. I'm guessing that he meant AA but he never says it.

Again it seems to me that the memebr also already knows that he wants them he's asking for inoput more along the lines of "are these old figures worth picking up or is it too late to find them" This is more about asking prices and where can I find them.

If the member that posted the first post feels that it really should go back in the AA section then we will edit the title a tad ( add AA too it ) and place it back.

#3 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:20 AM

I think I goofed up the first time I posted this

but do you think it's too late/expensive to collect the original series cast?

Kirk (both green/gold)
spock
mccoy
uhura
scotty
chekov
sulu
and
khan?

#4 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:26 AM

No, it's not too late. Thanks to eBay, it's probably never too late to start collecting something.

Are you going to open them or keep them MOC/MIB?

#5 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE(Goro @ Sep 3 2006, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I goofed up the first time I posted this

but do you think it's too late/expensive to collect the original series cast?

Kirk (both green/gold)
spock
mccoy
uhura
scotty
chekov
sulu
and
khan?

No you didn't mess up the posting but I moved it to here..

http://www.trektoy.c...o...

It is more about collecting rather then just AA toys. The question was "is it to late/expensive to start collecting AA toys" If it was " what are the AA toys that are worth collecting" then it would be about the toys.

#6 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE(pickard @ Sep 3 2006, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it's not too late. Thanks to eBay, it's probably never too late to start collecting something.

Are you going to open them or keep them MOC/MIB?

#7 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:12 AM

No, its not too late to collect the TOS cast in any of the toy lines created over the years. If you are a saavy collector, you will scour the internet looking for good deals, check in with ebay daily, even sign up for their email service that sends you a daily search result for whatever your looking for, to let you know whats just been put up on ebay. Its not too late to even collect the mego figures from the 70's in this fashion. The AA figures are still readily available on ebay and perhaps through other places such as the source FHC mentioned. If you are looking for loose or MIP makes a difference, because loose figures can come cheaper and sometimes more frequently.

#8 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:18 AM

I added the "AA" to the title with an edit and I can live with it. This makes it more clear to a newer member that this is about AA TOS and not just TOS toys.

A left a link in the old Random Thoughts forum that will bring anyone that see it there to this section in this area.

BTW
Playmates made some very cool toys along the TOS lines and many times you can pick them on Ebay for dirt.

#9 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Sep 3 2006, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I moved this as I felt that it was more about collecting then AA toys.

Ah see I knew I goofed up when I originally posted this, yup I meant the Art Asylum versions.. donno why I posted it somewhere else..

#10 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:03 PM

I have both a set of Wave 1 and Wave 2 openers in good condition I will part with. Also a MIB Convention Kirk. I also have openers of Broken Bow wave with a Trip and Naucassin.

PM me if interested.

#11 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:05 PM

See that right there is what is so great about this forum, smile.gif

#12 anderbre

anderbre

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

I know I found wave 1 on ebay a a very decent price. About $50 a little while ago.

As for Wave 2 and 3, www.casefresh.com in Australia have some in stock at very fair Australia prices if you don't mind buying internationaly.

#13 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

Definately recommend Sybeck1, we've done some excellant trades back in the day. I also echo FHC's recommendation on the Playtrek website, in case your a MOC collector. But you won't find any better traders than some of the members here, I recommend probably 75% of our members though, as I've traded with most of them tongue.gif

#14 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:43 PM

I agree with Don who agrees with Sybeck1. smile.gif

#15 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:52 PM

Make a guy blush, why don't cha.

Here are the figures I can offer.

Terrible photos but bargain basement prices! Lots only.

http://img.photobuck...ck1/7-29030.jpg

http://img.photobuck...k1/a4de62aa.jpg

http://img.photobuck...1/000_01652.jpg

http://img.photobuck...k1/000_0171.jpg

#16 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Sep 3 2006, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW
Playmates made some very cool toys along the TOS lines and many times you can pick them on Ebay for dirt.

That's so true. I had reason to spend a good part of today going through my Playmates' Trek figures, and there are some really nice ones there.

#17 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(pickard @ Sep 3 2006, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definately. In the last year I started collecting many action figures line from the 80's. And it really didn't cost that much with eBay's help....& the help of people on these forums & Playtrek.

Plus you go on eBay one day & someone is selling an AA Kirk for $40...the next day someone is selling him for $5. So you porobably shouldn't rush into anything as most regular items will come along eventually at a good price. I just paid about $5 for an MOC/MIB Playmates Esoqq on eBay.

QUOTE(pickard @ Sep 4 2006, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's so true. I had reason to spend a good part of today going through my Playmates' Trek figures, and there are some really nice ones there.

And a few of those nice figures you looked at are coming to me! laugh.gif
I'm actually very excited about receiving the rest of Playmates DS9 T&T crew & the dress uniform figures.
You're a good man Pickard. wub.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users