• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:14 AM

I see the Mego section here has been pretty quiet lately so thought I would post some pics to try and help get some interest and discussion going.
These are just a very small selection of the carded Trek Mego's I have.

Lets see who can tell what is original and what is custom:

#2 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:42 AM

#3 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:49 AM

#4 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

Well, thats all I have uploaded for now.
I will post more later...

Steve

#5 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:30 AM

Did Mego actually release those figures in a box like that? or are those custom? I'd like to know for the Ref Site, when I get around to doing the Mego part...

#6 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:04 AM

No, the Mego Star Trek figures were only released on cards. Its neat to see how many fan produced characters there are out there. I would like to see them produced by EMCE/DST.

#7 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:39 AM

As much as I like the custom ones, I have to say that it saddens me some to see them out of their original package. LOL I don't know whats makes me sadder, that, or the fact that makes me sad!!! LOL I do like the Aliens ones. Maybe I should make up something like that to put my open Romulan in.

#8 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

Yes, Mego never released Trek figures in boxes, though it is possible they could have since Mego released other 8" figures in boxes which is what most custom Trek boxes are based off of.
Mego did however ship the first set of figures in mailer boxes through catalogs like Sears and they also were available in mailer boxes in the extremely rare Enterprise Action Gift Playset that included the first set of figures in mailer boxes inside the boxed playset.

Here are a few more images of some of the Mego pieces in my Trek collection:

#9 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:23 PM

Those are some great looking fan made boxes, i would like to have those too. I remember the mailer boxes that Sears and Penney's used but those were plain and sears and Penny's used those for other figures other than Mego figures too.

#10 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

I remember the mailer boxes that Sears and Penney's used but those were plain and sears and Penny's used those for other figures other than Mego figures too.

I believe that the mailer boxes were provided by Mego and each box had stamped on one side with the figures item number, etc:

#11 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:08 AM

Perhaps each company that Sears and Penney's bought from supplied their own boxes, but i know that LJN figures such as the Rookies, SWAT and Emergency! figures came in boxes so similar to that one pictured above that it seemed like the same ones.

#12 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:25 AM

I like those boxed ones...they do look really good for fan made.

#13 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:45 AM

There are two different box sets here.
The first two boxes of Kirk and Spock are an old set I purchased from Anthony (The Toyroom) on Megomuseum.com forum:

Anthony's web is: http://www.geocities.com/thetoyroom/

The second set of boxes are produced by Mike (mego73) who can be found on the Megomuseum forum.
Here is Mikes web site:
http://www.reboxyourmego.com/
Anthony makes great stuff and his newer stuff looks even better now than the two boxes I posted above that were made quite a few years ago. Anthony also makes some incredible looking repro cards as does Mike as well.

Mikes boxes look so much better in person than they do in the pictures.
Both of these guys use heavy high quality glossy card stock, bright clear images with a high quality cello window and a box insert.
Add the correct figure inside and they literally look like they came right off of a store shelf.
I consider these boxes one of the highlights of my collection. Plus the ones from Mike were a special gift from my wife which makes them even more special to me:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users