15 replies to this topic

#1 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

I have to get Prometheus's point of view on these?  I think they are sick.  I also want to know when Prometheus will be buying these for me?

http://news.toyark.c...han-solo-138684

#2 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

They look ok,and even if I like SW as well,HT will always be more than I'm willing to pay for my 12" dolls,which is basically what they are,lol! I have a whole bunch of HT stuff I would like,but that price point is just a big stop sign for me. If I ever do change my mind though,there are at least twenty of'em I would love to get,and the BIG Keaton Batmobile,and the DeLorean. Actually,would wait till they do the hover mode version. Might actually get THAT one regardless,LOVE that car.

But why are HT doing SW anyways,aren't the Sideshow and GG stuff good enough? Gee,everyone wants to cash in on SW these days,lol!

HT should do KISS,the good old original line-up,not the crap line-up they are today. Would LOVE KISS from the Love Gun era,Dynasty,and Elder......lol! Surprised HT hasn't done that yet,as everyone seems to cash in on KISS just the way they do SW. Is there ANY item today that hasn't had a SW spin on it? LOL!

Looking forward to new SW movies though,but not buying into all the hype and merch this time,got WAY too burnt back in 99.

J-R!

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

Okay.... I like these a lot but I want to see the final products for both before I buy....Han probably will be similar but something tells me the Chewbacca is going to look different as the final product. If that means better or worse, only time will tell.

#4 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

QC ... I will buy you one of each. LOL

#5 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

QC ... I will buy you one of each. LOL

You are my hero  :D

#6 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

They look ok,and even if I like SW as well,HT will always be more than I'm willing to pay for my 12" dolls,which is basically what they are,lol! I have a whole bunch of HT stuff I would like,but that price point is just a big stop sign for me. If I ever do change my mind though,there are at least twenty of'em I would love to get,and the BIG Keaton Batmobile,and the DeLorean. Actually,would wait till they do the hover mode version. Might actually get THAT one regardless,LOVE that car.

But why are HT doing SW anyways,aren't the Sideshow and GG stuff good enough? Gee,everyone wants to cash in on SW these days,lol!

HT should do KISS,the good old original line-up,not the crap line-up they are today. Would LOVE KISS from the Love Gun era,Dynasty,and Elder......lol! Surprised HT hasn't done that yet,as everyone seems to cash in on KISS just the way they do SW. Is there ANY item today that hasn't had a SW spin on it? LOL!

Looking forward to new SW movies though,but not buying into all the hype and merch this time,got WAY too burnt back in 99.

J-R!

Ill be honest.  When I had the money I was  collecting a lot of Sideshow SW stuff.  In my opinion they never really got the head sculpts right at all.  They were always a lot off. 

#7 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:51 PM

Oh DEFO agree on that one! I was checking out Boba....my fave character from SW,lol....a few years ago and he was slightly off as well. Even DV! Like the helmet was squeezed or something. Only one they got right was R2,my other fave character from SW. Everyone else has always been slightly off for some weird reason. Could be bad pics,I dunno. But they looked off when actually seeing them in a store or at a con as well. They're almost as bad as the crap we get from Hascrap. I understand humans can be difficult to get right,but robots and aliens?! Seriously? C'mon guys,step up!

Would be cool if HT did ST though! And GQ of course,lol! I really love what little merch I have from GQ,probably my smallest collection EVER! lol!

J-R!

#8 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

I am an avid Hot Toys collector and a huge Star Wars fan. They are well worth the money. I stopped buying most of the smaller toys and have gone mostly to these. I even sold off most of my smaller figures and replaced with Hot Toys. That being said you can guess that I already have Han and Chewie on order. LOL. There was no way I was passing these guys up.

#9 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:30 PM

LOL! Had a feeling you did! HT LOOK great,it's just that darn price I'm not willing to pay. I've just about stopped getting small figs as well,wanted to start the Doctor Who line when they changed scale but they look so incredibly crap that I just can't be bothered. Did get a Dalek and Cybie,and one or three others,before deciding that the 5" line was just perfect and well done and I'll stick to what little comes out in that scale. Whenever I'm in the Who Zone of course,lol!

Not buying the little SW figs anymore either,MIGHT get some of the 6" Black series,at least Boba and R2,but I'm not really into SW these days either. Oh well,we'll see what I'll end up with at NYCC next weekend,lol! Hopefully a LOT better than what I ended up with at Comic Con in July! Two magazines?! I'm STILL not over that one,LOL!

J-R!

#10 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:55 PM

Ill be honest.  When I had the money I was  collecting a lot of Sideshow SW stuff.  In my opinion they never really got the head sculpts right at all.  They were always a lot off. 

Have to agree with you QC..... But I have noticed that Sideshow is getting better with the sculpts....but they should with the increased prices!!

I was always horrified by the Sideshow Luke Bespin sculpt.... One of the all time worst IMHO.

#11 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:04 PM

Yeah the older sideshow sculpts were pretty bad. Especially that Bespin luke. They have gotten better over the years but nothing like Hot Toys quality. The better ones came from the sideshow Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise from SDCC a few years ago. But I have even decided to sell those off in anticipation of the Hot a Toys figures. The cones however gave been pretty nice.

#12 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:35 AM

The Han and Luke Hoth sculpts look pretty good. I wonder if Hot Toys is still planning on doing the DX Anakin.... I heard a rumor that Disney is pushing all franchises to make OT merchandise with the sequels coming out.

#13 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

Because were moving I may have a little more income.  I may be teased into some of the Hot Toys.  The good thing is by the time money starts coming in Han and Chewie wont be out yet and they should have the next offering advertised.  

#14 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

The Han and Luke Hoth sculpts look pretty good. I wonder if Hot Toys is still planning on doing the DX Anakin.... I heard a rumor that Disney is pushing all franchises to make OT merchandise with the sequels coming out.

If they do a Anakin then all bets are off for me.  Not only will I be buying one to open but I will have to have you get me one so I can keep it in the box B)

#15 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

I know the original plan was to do a two figure set for Anakin like they did with Bespin Luke. One clean and good and one Dirty and Sith like. I would buy that one but honestly my focus is going to be on the OT stuff and the Ep7 stuff. I will pick and choose the prequel figures.

#16 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Personally, I think the Han sculpt looks off. Chewie looks great though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users