10 replies to this topic

#1 Section32

Section32

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Being better at this than you

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

Unlicensed knock-off items are always fun, varying wildly in quality as they do and often popping up when you least expect. There's a market for them among certain collectors, too. Admittedly there aren't as many Trek bootlegs as there for, say, Star Wars, but if anybody has any interesting examples to share, please do.

I just happened upon this 'Space Revenge' Spock figure on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.u...016.m2516.l5255

Never seen this beauty before, nor do I know anything about its origins, but it's actually stunning. Terrific detailing, even comes with his burial robe!

#2 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

Isn't Darren Carnall a member of this board, too? I've seen his stuff before, it's amazing.

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

Im not sure I would label that one as a knock off. There is a difference between knockoffs and high end customs which that happens to be.

I have never been a fan of knockoffs. They are usually made of cheap materials and just look horrible. I know growing up I would find superhero knockoffs made in Mexico at a local flea market. They were generic masked wrestler figures sloppily painted to look like Superman, Spiderman, Batman etc... All were the exact same figure with different paint. The same thing happened with Transformers. They would be cheaply made robots with some name similar to the actual name. As  a kid I always wanted them of course and my parents would buy them for me but they would be broken before I got home. LOL. These days when I see stuff like that I just shake my head.

#4 Section32

Section32

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Being better at this than you

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

Dude, RELIANT TRANSFORMER

7yGNqZb.jpg

qTgFWPX.jpg

#5 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

mr-rock-space-adventurer-toy_zpsd59ab1c5

AND LETS NOT 4GET

3_75inch_6crew_wKirk_zpsff9acc6c.jpg

LOL. I KILL ME.......

#6 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

I want a Mr. Rock

#7 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

I want a Mr. Rock

lincolnmrrock_zpscaba297b.jpg

http://www.plaidstal...colnmrrock.html

#8 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:11 PM

That Reliant Transformer is incredible!

#9 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:29 PM

toy%20phaser%20german1.gif

#10 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

Why... why... WHY THE HECK DOES THAT WARCRIME LOOK FAMILIAR?!

#11 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

That Reliant Transformer is incredible!

I know, my jaw hit the floor when I saw that. The saddest part is that, according to the information that was shared here last year, Hasbro is (was?) effectively CBS Inc.'s "master toy licensee" for Star Trek, which means we could have, and more importantly should have seen officially licensed merchandise in that very style. (Hasbro already crossed Star Wars and Transformers, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same thing for Trek. Paramount produces the films for both franchises, so it's just more money in both of their pockets.) A crossover line like that might have kept the barely existant Into Darkness line from somehow performing worse than the Trek XI line from Playmates, which at least had a somewhat prominent retail presence.

As for the photo shared by FHC, the funniest thing about that bootleg is that it's actually using the official ST:TNG logo and title from German television. (When the show originally aired in Germany, the title was localized and changed to "Starship Enterprise," although I seem to remember reading that it was eventually released as "Star Trek" without the localization. I know this was referenced in one of the official Star Trek magazines, but I can't remember which one. It might have been "Communicator," but don't quote me on that.) If the toy didn't claim to be a "King Kong Space Gun," I might believe that it was an actual licensed product for the German market.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users