• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

I'm sure the bigger diecast ship line is dead or on hold, but does anyone know if they are doing any mini ships this year like they did with the nuEnterprise and Vengeance?

#2 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

The "USS Enterprise NCC-1701" is listed for (mainline) release in 2015 but there's a good chance it's a re-issue of the JJ-prise. 

There are still 2 blank slots in the HW Space Team section (where the Ent is listed) so there is a chance we might see more Trek ships... but I haven't heard any rumours of 'em yet.

http://www.hotwheels...arList_APPR.htm

#3 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

I'd like to get excited about more Hot Wheels Star Trek offerings for 2015, but to be honest, for me, trying to find past year's ST gems in brick and mortar stores was an exercise in futility.  Mattel is either limiting the releases to ridiculously low numbers, or the folks in the secondary market are scooping these up before, or as the products hit the shelves.  I find it distasteful to pay 2-5+ times face value to these scalpers.  So, I'll be trolling the toy section at Wally World and Target looking for the stuff, I'll find nothing, and I'll leave disappointed.  Its OK.  I must enjoy the abuse.  See you at the toy aisles.  

#4 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

Oh cool......at least they are keeping it going in the minis. Thanks for the list!!

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

I gotta agree with 2thGuy, it'd be nice to get more... but these things are impossible to find. I got incredibly lucky with the JJ Prise and found all 3 versions of her, but have not seen 1 Vengeance.... I refuse to pay $10 for a single hot wheels vehicle. 

#6 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:42 AM

The only one I ever found in the wild was the battle-damaged Enterprise.  Everywhere I went, between cities, states, etc, I always checked the Hot Wheels section for the past couple of years and I never found the rest.  I gave up.  These are like a slap in the face.  "You can look but you can't have these!"  Wal-Mart was bringing in a crapload of the "retro" line originally, and I got some cool stuff, but the more mainstream cars packaged as retro (Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Miami Vice, etc, etc) plugged up the pegs and warmed for ages and Wal-Mart seemed to lose interest in refreshing or even stocking these in some locations.  By the time the Enterprise was released as Retro I knew I would never find one.  The other day I saw the car Homer designed in an early Simpsons episode, but the paint was sloppy so I passed on it...  I will never see that one again either (it's already gone from that store).  They are still doing some cool Retros, apparently, but nobody around me has any interest in stocking them.  The ratio of crap nobody really wanted to cool stuff in the first waves was a big problem.

#7 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

The only one I ever found in the wild was the battle-damaged Enterprise.  Everywhere I went, between cities, states, etc, I always checked the Hot Wheels section for the past couple of years and I never found the rest.  I gave up.  These are like a slap in the face.  "You can look but you can't have these!"  Wal-Mart was bringing in a crapload of the "retro" line originally, and I got some cool stuff, but the more mainstream cars packaged as retro (Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Miami Vice, etc, etc) plugged up the pegs and warmed for ages and Wal-Mart seemed to lose interest in refreshing or even stocking these in some locations.  By the time the Enterprise was released as Retro I knew I would never find one.  The other day I saw the car Homer designed in an early Simpsons episode, but the paint was sloppy so I passed on it...  I will never see that one again either (it's already gone from that store).  They are still doing some cool Retros, apparently, but nobody around me has any interest in stocking them.  The ratio of crap nobody really wanted to cool stuff in the first waves was a big problem.

All my JJ Prises except for the retro I found at a grocery store... Got 2 of each so I could open one and display it. 

The retro one I found at a walmart while talking to a hot wheels collector, grabbed it from in front of him before he could.... He didnt even notice it until after the fact.

Im really hoping the new Star Wars ships that are going to be coming will be easier to come by. 

#8 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

I had no luck with the mini JJprise versions, absolutely no luck at all. For some reason I found three Vengeance ships last summer all at the same local Walmart ib the course of two months! Gave me that feeling of joy finding a star trek toy in a brick and mortar store again. I'll take my chances again this summer, was really glad to hear there is at least one offering for 2015

#9 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

Has anyone heard or seen what's coming out this year?

#10 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:32 PM

Not heard about any Trek stuff from HW this year. What's the one offering you heard about? Seems they're going full force with SW stuff,the character cars are fun,not gotten any of the ships yet though. And I do like some of the other tv and movie stuff they've been doing.

J-R!

#11 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:37 PM

With how impossible it is to find the Star Trek ships, I could care less if Hot Wheels keeps making them, unless they make them more common and easy to find of course. 

#12 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

^^ Darth Duranium's post from earlier in the year. I keep checking eBay or amazon and nothing.

#13 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:50 PM

^^ Darth Duranium's post from earlier in the year. I keep checking eBay or amazon and nothing.

Hey Rizzo,

Haven't heard of it reaching N. America yet and it looks to be identical to the first version, apart from packaging. Good luck with the scalpers, it's tough to find 'em on the pegs.

I've only seen one pic of it (at T-Hunted from Brazil), here it is:

USS Enterprise HW City 2015

#14 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:50 PM

What's different with the packaging? Looks identical to the one I got a few years ago,lol. Except for the orangey bit at the top,don't think mine has that but I will check it later.

Was hoping they'd do more of these small ships,and not just from the new movie. Guess I'll have to pop by their booth at Comic Con and ask a few questions,lol.

J-R!

#15 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:13 PM

Damn....was hoping for the classic one or the version with painted bussard collectors. Oh well, I never got that one and have been too lazy to order one off of Amazon or something. Let the hunt continue!

#16 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

What's different with the packaging? Looks identical to the one I got a few years ago,lol. Except for the orangey bit at the top,don't think mine has that but I will check it later.

Was hoping they'd do more of these small ships,and not just from the new movie. Guess I'll have to pop by their booth at Comic Con and ask a few questions,lol.

J-R!

Original:

orZtcGKm.jpg

#17 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:48 PM

Yeah,that's the one I have. Not that much of a difference apart from the top there though,lol. Also got the other one,Retro line or whatever,with the blue buzzards,and battle damaged Enterprise,and Vengeance. I like these little ships,lol.

J-R!

#18 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:19 PM

So I was at Walmart and saw the Hot Wheels Enterprise again. It seems they may be making a comeback this year. Hopefully they bring the Vengeance back too since I could never find one.

6qmnkVu.jpg

#19 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

Nice!! Gotta look for that soon as I get back to the US. One of the Comic-Con Hot Wheels exclusives looks pretty good too,a figure of Spock with his classic car....was it a Buick or something?....looks like a fun exclusive and not too pricey either.

J-R!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users