• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:06 AM

Jupiter Ascending opens next month. I'm intrigued by this original story and screen play by the Wachowskis.

Its starring Milla Kunis and Channing Tatum, and the visuals look interesting.

Is anyone else got this movie on their radar?

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

I'm pretty interested in it myself. Definitely on my radar.

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:24 AM

Its hard to say if it'll be any good, but unless its absolutely panned by the critics I'll probably go see it.

Articles on Variety  say it was supposed to be released last summer, and ended up being delayed. The concept seems pretty straightforward, but the question is if the Wachowskis have any thing new or original to offer the sic-fi genre. 

I loved the Matrix, but thought the sequels got a bit muddled. I also liked their adaptation of V for Vendetta, and though it wasn't well received, enjoyed Speed Racer probably more than most. 

​Apparently they tried to flesh out a pretty good backstory and bible for Jupiter Ascending so that they can go forward with sequels if its well received. 

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:41 AM

I agree on all points except the critics. I usually enjoy the movies that they hate the most more. Lol. Jupiter Ascending caught my eye just because it looked different but was still recognizable as action Sci fi. It doesn't really look like they are trying to reinvent the wheel with this one but just do something original and fun. I'm not a huge fan of Tatum but will admit that he has done a couple of decent rolls. My problem with him is that he is kind of all over the place from one movie to the next. We will see though. I got a couple of fandango cards for Christmas so I won't be losing much if it tanks.

#5 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

I want to see it at some point..... You guys will probably see it before me though. I will be interested to hear your reviews.

#6 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:08 PM

I've found though if something gets teens or below on Meta-critic... I typically need to wait until it hits Red Box. 

But even if its in the 40's I think I'll go see it. 

#7 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

Id like to see it.  The only issue I have is the acting looks very wooden any time they have lines in the trailers.  

#8 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

I kind of want to see it.  It looks like it has decent effects and, let's face it...it doesn't suck to look at Mila Kunis for an hour and a half!  

#9 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

I never get tired of watching Mila!

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:59 AM

Hmmmmm.... pretty mixed reviews. not bad, but not great. Has anyone seen it yet? I'd love to get a board members review?!

#11 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

I saw it...and I give it about a C overall. Mila was great in the movie and so was Eddie Redmayne but they went a bit overboard on using the same elements over and over. It was pretty much a Sci Fi roller derby, in my opinion they went overboard with the whole Roller Blade space boots, overplayed them. For like 45 minutrs of the movie it was all about those. I wouldnt see it in theatres but would catch it on Redbox or Netflix or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users