• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#1 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

So flicking through collider today I found a very interesting image...

http://collider.com/...licensing-expo/

#2 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

licensing-expo-2015-image-30.jpg

That the one you're referring to? Looks like it'd be a very large set if they actually made it. I could see a scaled down version be made for mass production. 

#3 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:52 PM

Wow! That is awesome. I wonder if there is a bridge playset in that saucer? Those mini figures are going to be lots of fun too. I hope we will be able to buy extras of the mini figs like they do with Halo and other Megabloks licenses! I hope all the other series get a few sets too. I really hope that Megabloks can be as successful with Star Trek as they are with Halo and Call of Duty. It's going to be a fun year, these really make that weak Hasbro attempt with Kreo look like garbage. I would love it if Megabloks could bring light up features to their sets like Kreo had though.

#4 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:13 AM

I'm really interested in what Mega Bloks does. I thought it was just going to be sets based on the new movie(s) but clearly not! I hope this line goes far because I'd love an Enterprise D!

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:01 AM

I hope they do do some new movie stuff since KREOs stuff was just.. not good.. Hell I wish LEGO would just be given the rights... 

If they make an actual mass produced version of the giant TOS Enterprise in the picture, it'll probably be pretty damned expensive.

#6 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:42 PM

I love the Thunderbird ship! 

#7 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:01 PM

Which one? 1,2,or 3? Whole bunch of Thunderbirds toys coming out real soon. I kinda like the new show,it's ok for a kiddie thing,lol. Certainly has my attention when watching it......well,mostly. lol.

And I agree,new movie stuff would be AWESOME! I really do like the new movies,and there's not enough merch from those around. I know the movies are kinda the black sheep.....which is a HILARIOUS movie by the way,zombie sheep...ROFL!!!.....oooops,topic.....of the Trek family,but C'MON,give us SOMEthing! Maybe next year we'll see a plethora of stuff for the anniversary. Here's hoping. Meanwhile I'm gonna order those hilarious little garden gnomes,lol! The red shirt one is already sold out.

J-R!

#8 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:24 PM

I don't really like this.  I don't like that the decals go over multiple bricks -- aren't you supposed to be able to easily disassemble and reassemble building sets?  It also looks very blah and basic just like the KRE-O sets (which, mind you, I collected anyway) but then again it is the NCC-1701 so what can you expect?  Still...LEGO would make something a bit more detailed and eye-popping.  Those nacelles are just a stack of the same piece for miles.  The pylons don't seem to be holding them straight...too heavy?  It does look mighty big though.  Also the mini figs aren't my style.  Might be more excited if it weren't more TOS stuff.

#9 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

I think what you're seeing here is an early mock up of a set that is probably still in development. Mega Bloks isn't releasing any Star Trek until next year.

All I know is that MB use printed bricks for their collectors series which is what their Star Trek line will be. Very few if any stickers will form part of this set. Plus also those nacelles in sure will be straight and lined up with the saucer section on the finished production set.

#10 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:18 PM

With how narrow the pylons are, I'm very curious how they could get it to support those huge nacelles any better. Unless they go the KREO route and make some big solid plastic piece... Which I wouldn't like since it made the KREO sets boring as hell to put together.

I seriously hope they just scale it down, I have very little interest in a set that big and definitely don't have the room for it.

#11 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

I love Lego and Megabloks. Honestly with Star Wars holding the spot it has with Lego all this time I don't see Star Trek ever going there. I would love a Lego Star Trek video game! Megabloks mini figures are outstanding with interchangeable parts. Somehow I think a little Borg mini-army might be highly probable! Also, the size of that Enterprise set has me wondering, could there be a bridge set under that hull?

#12 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:58 PM

I'd imagine its not going to LEGO because of how unpopular Trek merchandise is overall, and has nothing to do with Star Wars being there. Just look at the Playmates line that was cancelled after 1 wave due to it not selling well, and that was with the big 2009 reboot that had a TON of marketing going on. If Trek could pull in the profits that Star Wars or their other lines do, then I'm sure LEGO would try to get the license.  

#13 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

Lego is doing a set for The Golden Girls. I'm not saying it's anything to do with the popularity of Star Trek. I just get the feeling that they would see it more as competing with themselves if they produced a full line up of Star Trek Legos, but maybe they could test the waters by adding a Kirk and Spock mini figure set in that new interactive Lego Dimensions video game. That would be like having your cake and eating it too :)

#14 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:34 AM

The Golden Girls set reached the 10,000 fan votes required for Lego to consider it as a product but it's not been approved as of yet.

Wonder if a Trek set would get 10,000 votes?

#15 Racer_X

Racer_X

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:28 AM

For an idea of what Star Trek Lego might look like, check out this guy's website.  Pretty impressive!

http://www.baronsat.net/Pages5/P5.html

#16 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

For an idea of what Star Trek Lego might look like, check out this guy's website.  Pretty impressive!

http://www.baronsat.net/Pages5/P5.html

Could you imagine a next gen set up. WOW!!!!

#17 VorlonKosh

VorlonKosh

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:12 PM

i love this stuff...hope we get to see it.  Even if it is a 200 buck set.

#18 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:57 AM

https://collectors.m...s-almost-here_1

Wow! This link gives a really good clear look of the new Spock Mega Bloks mini-figure. The details are great! I hope we get some 24th century love too. I gotta have some Borg and Klingons at this scale!

#19 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

CRIKEY!!!! I hope they give out the little Spock fig at their booth! Certainly going by their booth and ask,and take some pics and such,lol.

J-R!

#20 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:20 PM

Can't wait!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users