• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#81 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:01 PM

While it is great that there is a section to talk about other lines and subjects, this is mainly a Star Trek board. I can understand the need to consolidate non-Trek topics wherever necessary. Gateworld is a great Stargate-centric site with news, info, and updates, and they have a great forum to discuss SG merchandise as well.

#82 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Dec 9 2006, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats not the greatest attitude to have about it. Why don't we just let the mods do there job and stop being so quick to jump on them about stuff. It's not like they are doing it just to attack "you". Don and the rest are trying to keep things going smooth and friendly here. If all you want to do is stir things up then just head back to the AA forums.

I consider it rude to remove a topic that a member takes the time to start here about a particular subject, when its in the proper forum and doesnt otherwise break any forum rules, without so much as an explanation or anything. Respect other people, not just the ones that see your point of view please.

#83 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:04 PM

OK Ok we have all had our say one this. We are now way off topic. I will look this over and put some thought to it. NO bashing on it.

This forum has no rules and it has been that way for a reason. Do I need to start making them?

#84 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:42 PM

Has Series 2 even come out yet? I want a Star Gate... but I have to admit my enthusisim for the line is wanning... It's been 6 mos since wave 1!

#85 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean Gothneo, seems like forever since that wave came out. While some of us have grown accustom to the delays in the Trek field, it seems that things have slowed down on other licenses as well. I have to wonder where DST is going to find stores, with so many of them shutting down or being bought out by other companies. While I love my CBG(Comic Book Guy), I hope that I don't have to go to him or eBay to get these in the future.

#86 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:23 PM

I am just glad that we have Newforce to get these from.

#87 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Dec 9 2006, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has Series 2 even come out yet? I want a Star Gate... but I have to admit my enthusisim for the line is wanning... It's been 6 mos since wave 1!

I know what you mean Gothneo. I'm looking forward to completing my Stargate as well but it looks like wave two will not hit stores until mid or end of January. I'm just glad I got mine on pre order from my local comic shop. It's strange that we keep hearing about new waves. Wave 3 (Cam, Vala, Ori, Offworld Vala) Previews Exclusive Replicarter, SG Atlantis (Sheppard, Weir, Wraith) and Jacksone and Anubis Two Pack and I keep thinking to myself. Where is wave 2!!!

#88 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:49 PM

Well... I don't think I have any shops near me anymore that carry DST stuff...

Every Comic Shop with-in 100 miles of me has closed up, Suncoast & Tower Records are gone and I think Hot Topic has scaled back the product alot.

So yeah I think alot of outlets for DST have dried up... thus the online store move, which makes sense to me, but I sure like finding them at retail.

Well... Maybe we'll have them by SDCC 2007! That's where I got wave 1.

#89 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Dec 10 2006, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well... I don't think I have any shops near me anymore that carry DST stuff...

Every Comic Shop with-in 100 miles of me has closed up, Suncoast & Tower Records are gone and I think Hot Topic has scaled back the product alot.

So yeah I think alot of outlets for DST have dried up... thus the online store move, which makes sense to me, but I sure like finding them at retail.

Well... Maybe we'll have them by SDCC 2007! That's where I got wave 1.

Same story around me. No comic shops are carrying SG-1 or Star Trek for that matter. I have to buy them all online.

#90 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:38 AM

I was just over at the new DST store and they have series 2 listed as being available on (1/27/2007). It seems like the time frame keeps getting farther and farther away on these.I hope that means that they are just letting the other retailers get them in before they start selling them.

#91 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:05 PM

While I hope for your sake, that's the case JMW326, my wallet isn't biggrin.gif Seriously though, the waves should be coming out every quarter in a specialty market. Especially if you want to keep collector's interest, I think that's something that hurt the Star Trek line, the delay or gap between AA and DST taking over the line.

#92 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:39 PM

I agree. I am a huge Stargate fan and absolutely love these figures but there has been so much time between the release of series one and the release of series 2 that it's getting hard to stay interested. With such a new license I think DST should be a little more carefull or it may not make it very far. Todays collectors are far less forgiving about delays and quality issues than I am.

#93 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:45 PM

Well, I sent off my offer for the red Serpent Guard figure today and had to use 2 of the Serpent Guard upc's, as my black op's O'Neill was buried in a box somewhere rolleyes.gif Hopefully DST will cut me a little slack and I sends me the figure regardless. Has anyone heard anything about Series 2 lately? My series 1 figures and exclusives are getting lonely biggrin.gif

#94 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Dec 14 2006, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I sent off my offer for the red Serpent Guard figure today and had to use 2 of the Serpent Guard upc's, as my black op's O'Neill was buried in a box somewhere rolleyes.gif Hopefully DST will cut me a little slack and I sends me the figure regardless. Has anyone heard anything about Series 2 lately? My series 1 figures and exclusives are getting lonely biggrin.gif

I remember something about 1/27/07. I think that's what's posted on Gateworld.

#95 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:32 AM

Ya, mid or end of January was what I heard as well. I'm looking forward to completing my stargate.

#96 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:47 AM

The 1/27 date is the date on DST's store. They usualy put stuff out later so that there retailers can put it out first. Here is what Newforce has recently put up: "Word from DST, is product is in transit to the US from HK, and has a ETA window of 12/13 to 1/7. This ETA is subject to change". Either way I can't wait for them.

#97 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Dec 15 2006, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 1/27 date is the date on DST's store. They usualy put stuff out later so that there retailers can put it out first. Here is what Newforce has recently put up: "Word from DST, is product is in transit to the US from HK, and has a ETA window of 12/13 to 1/7. This ETA is subject to change". Either way I can't wait for them.

So with a little luck we may get Series 2 end of December/Early January. I can't wait to put my SG team together and complete my Stargate. smile.gif

#98 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(The Green Lantern @ Dec 16 2006, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So with a little luck we may get Series 2 end of December/Early January. I can't wait to put my SG team together and complete my Stargate. smile.gif

Same here, GL. Series 2 can't arrive soon enough for me.

#99 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:52 PM

Great news, I FINALLY got my Elite Jaffa. DST came through. Thanks DST and thanks to The Donster who got in contact with them and put in a good word.

Here are some pics. (Sorry for the quality. I really need a better camera)

Now bring on Wave 2. smile.gif

#100 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:06 PM

Congrats on finally getting it, Kidd. It's a great paint job. I wish he had come with a helmet, though. That would have made the figure even better. Maybe they will repackage him in some way for retail sale one day with the helmet . I'd really like a new head sculpt if they did that as well, just to have a different looking Jaffa head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users