Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:15 AM

#2 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:44 AM

I too prefere Playmates to AA. The Playmates 9" line with fabric uniforms was way better that any figure AA produced. Hell it was even better than the Mego figures.

But I must say that AA's trek tek is way better than what Playmates ever made. But here also, it took me 3 Phasepistols before I got one that was undamaged and had the right paint sceme! It took 2 TOS phasers (first color sceme) before I got one that was undamaged. And my Enterprise A has a piece missing (a screw cover near the shuttlebay doors). AA should do something about their quality control.

#3 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:52 AM

Hands down the ENT-D bridge. biggrin.gif

#4 kodiak8658

kodiak8658

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Apr 10 2007, 04:15 AM) View Post
Hey all, I've stopped collecting DST and started buying Playmates figures. I haven't owned a Playmates figure since I was a kid and buying figures that I loved back then only being able to get rare variations is fun! After my AA set arrived from DST's store with Barclay's inside package rolling around I got extremely mad. Then I opened a season 7 Data and his legs were deformed like everyone said. I'm through with this company's idea of action figures. If by some miracle Ogawa gets released i'm gonna get me one but only because she's never been put into plastic form before. And i'm not gonna look at her wrong cause if I do she'll probably fall apart. Now I wanna talk about Playmates and the good ole' days! So far i've bought Playmates season 3 Troi with space cap and the rare Thomas Riker. I've noticed that prices still aren't rock bottom for Playmates stuff as I paid $60 for Thomas Riker. I'm going to start out trying to get core characters and then branch off. Oh and figures I never owned before like Tom. I would love to put a set of Space Cap figures together minus Dathon of course. I think my holy grail of Playmates is a Lwaxana Troi with pog but I can't find one let alone a minty one. With that said i'm curious: Who do you think was Playmates best achievement? I'm gonna say Guinan as Gloria from Clues. LL

Here's one on eBay you may be interested in:
Item number: 170090905629

#5 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

#6 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

You won't find one with the Pog in the back, sorry. If you were to find one it would be a packaging mistake.

#7 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:21 PM

the scope and style of the playmates figures was awesome. The ent bridge was one of the greatest playsets ever made! LL I have a few custom figures that I no longer need from the playmates set. I have an tire Mirror TOS crew, E.Shelby and some from New Frontier. I was considering listing them on ebay since they are only collecting dust at my house.

#8 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:30 PM

I still have quite a few figures left to find from the Playmates 4.5", 6" & 9" lines. I'm only buying the captains in 12" form. Janeway is on her way & I have to find a Kirk. Already have Sisko & Picard.

Unless something terrible happens with my Beverly figures, I can't see myself giving up the AA/DST figure lines. I'm not a completist, though I do hope to one day own one of every figure they produce. The limited thing doesn't bother me, it's always expensive to buy figures in Australia anyway.
The Data & Geordi wave....well...mistakes happen. Only time will tell what they decide to do about this.

I had stopped collecting Playmates figures many years ago, then when I saw the new Trek figures coming out...it re-ignited my passion for the Playmates line. And I would like to hunt down everyone they made. I believe red Data is not easy to come by...but I'm sure he'll show up on eBay at some point. Same with Tom Riker.

Good luck with your Playmates collecting LL...receiving a new lot of those little guys puts a smile on my face too. biggrin.gif

#9 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:41 AM

#10 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Apr 10 2007, 10:21 PM) View Post
the scope and style of the playmates figures was awesome. The ent bridge was one of the greatest playsets ever made!

I thought they never released that bridge. I saw pictures of it and ordered it but I seem to remember they announched that it was not going to be released. Too bad because it looked really great.

#11 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:39 AM

I think he meant the TNG bridge, not the TOS one.

#12 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:46 PM

Yes, I'd imagine Bernsy is thinking of this baby:

#13 Tom Hudspeth

Tom Hudspeth

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 11 2007, 04:46 PM) View Post
Yes, I'd imagine Bernsy is thinking of this baby:

OMG! Where can I get that!?!?!?!

#14 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:33 PM

You can't. It was never released.

Well, I guess you can always track down the prototype. But that will probably cost you a pretty penny. wink.gif

#15 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

No-where.....it was scrapped. sad.gif

I believe it was going to be for 6" figures too....or were they different figures? I do recall each 6" TOS figure was to come with a Bridge consol, not sure if that was part of this playset, or something different.

#16 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

wow that looks very oddly shaped. indeed I was referring to the ent-D. I also loved the engineering playset as well! The transporter to this day still amazes me (although I understand the science behind it now)

#17 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Apr 11 2007, 04:41 AM) View Post
Hey FHC an old friend of mine who used to run a star trek online store who ordered directly from Playmates got her Lwaxana pog from behind the card of the U.S. Lwaxana, Yar, Sarek wave of figures. They randomly stuck Pogs behind that wave of figures trading cards, not sure why. I remember now when I was little and got those figures I also found pogs behind the cards just not lwaxana or sareks pog. Look behind the cards from outside of the package of that wave of figures and you will find pogs behind the cards on alot of them. Her Lwaxana pog was behind her Lwaxana card on the U.S. release. If you check that wave of figures please let me know. You should be able to look from the outside of the bubble and see if theres a pog. Unfortunately, to tell what pog it is you have to open it. So I guess i'm gonna keep buying this wave cheaply from ebay and open until I get her pog. LL

The trouble is that in order to have the rare one you would also have to have it on this card as well as have the pog inside.

If you found a pog in this package in front or behind anything it would still not be the same as the one above due to the card. It would just be a packing error.

#18 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:47 PM

Ah, the Playmates Lwaxana Troi.

I will never forget when I first heard about it. I was quite young, around 14 or 15 I guess. One of my friends came back from a trip to Sydney & he said he has seen an action figure of Lwaxana Troi in a store. I nearly crapped myself!

I instantly demanded all he knew....her clothing....accessories. He didn't know enough for my liking biggrin.gif he could only remember she came with some sort of bag & was wearing brown.

Luckily that same friend went to Syndey again a few months later & promised to buy me the figure if he saw it.

We he arrived back in town, I ran around to his house & banged on the door with eager anticipation. He said he was sorry & that he could not find a Lwaxana, & bought me a Mordock figure (who he knew I already had!).
My face dropped. Then.....he pulled a Lwaxana Troi figure out of a plastic bag!! laugh.gif

I was one damn happy lad that day.

#19 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:45 AM

Years and years ago I had a dream that I met Majel Barrett and at the end of the dream she gave me a signed figure of her as Lwanana. I remember loving it.

But the thing is, when I woke up I realized I wasn't a huge fan of her character and nor did I have any desire to have her figure. Oh well.

To each his own...
biggrin.gif

#20 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(Tom Hudspeth @ Apr 11 2007, 07:28 PM) View Post
OMG! Where can I get that!?!?!?!

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 11 2007, 08:44 PM) View Post
No-where.....it was scrapped. sad.gif

I believe it was going to be for 6" figures too....or were they different figures? I do recall each 6" TOS figure was to come with a Bridge consol, not sure if that was part of this playset, or something different.

No, the bridge was going to be for the 4.5" figures. But there was a planned 6" line that was to come with consols like the Sisko, Dax, and O'Brien 6" figures. You can check up on all of these and some other sadly never to be items on New Force Comics Trek Reference Center Under the Never Released Section (or just click that link wink.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users