• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#41 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:38 PM

Not a huge DS9 fan, but I may buy these smile.gif They are really cool, Sisko doesnt look right though, he has a larger frame. The same with Dax her body doesn't look right.

All though these figures look excellent, but must concentrate on completing my TNG crew before moving onto another set.

cheers,
Tk

#42 MattP

MattP

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(Samwise Gamgee @ Feb 8 2007, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HOLY CRAP!!! ohmy.gif Thanks for the link, knightone!
ToyFare just scooped ToyFair! tongue.gif
WOW, do they look good, especially Odo! 4 characters in a wave! Thank you DST/AA!
So, does anyone else think variants are a thing of the past now? If so, I'm not sure what to think. It's good for more characters, but the episode specific ones are always cool too. I'll buy them all either way though, they are just sooo good. smile.gif
*waits for sneak peek of Galactica* ph34r.gif laugh.gif
Scroll down to the bottom of the image. wink.gif
I just noticed the (possible) release date says Summer! djparty.gif

Doh - that'll teach me to actually click on the pictures.
On a side note did anyone note that Jadzia Dax is only a Lieutenant in the figure, however by season 5 when the change of uniform happened she was a Lieutenant-Commander huh.gif

#43 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

a small indiscrepency. It's amazing that an almost microscopic amount of gold paint is enough to start disuading people from things. Everyone has their pet peeve, I know. I don't think it's anything a little gold paint won't fix. smile.gif
I am so looking forward to these figures, though. I think they look fantastic and I want more. I will probably enjoy these alot more than my TNG figures!

#44 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

a small indiscrepency. It's amazing that an almost microscopic amount of gold paint is enough to start disuading people from things. Everyone has their pet peeve, I know. I don't think it's anything a little gold paint won't fix. smile.gif
I am so looking forward to these figures, though. I think they look fantastic and I want more. I will probably enjoy these alot more than my TNG figures!

#45 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:05 PM

Also keep in mind that these are prototypes and little things like rank may be fixed by the time production comes around.

#46 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

But these things are important, and should be pointed out to DST, just in case they don't notice.

We shouldn't have to repaint new figures to get them to be correct.

#47 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

I'm not so sure Sisko and Jadzia are reused bodies. Look at the shoulders. They are more rounded than the TNG sculpts. Ezri, though, is likely a reused Troi. She has the same shoulders as the TNG figures and the shape looks very much like Troi.

As for exclusives, this is a just a sneak peak so we don't know yet. I think they are just showing these off first since these should be definite releases where any other variants will have to wait until they can lock in the retailers. I'm sure we can count on New Force for at least one, if there are other variants.

#48 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:26 PM

I have to admit. I'm impressed with the sheer volume of Trek Product DST is announcing. I want a good chunk of it and If they can get it all out when they say there are I'll be completely floored!

I honestly don't expect to see DS9 until closer to X-mas.

#49 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Feb 8 2007, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But these things are important, and should be pointed out to DST, just in case they don't notice.

We shouldn't have to repaint new figures to get them to be correct.

I agree, and I was not the one that said they could be fixed with a little paint. I was just letting people know that these are prototypes and that they will hopefully get fixed before they are released so we shouldn't get worked up over it at this time. And I do agree that talking about it and letting DST know ahead of time is a good way to get things fixed.

#50 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:19 PM

My God....

They are very cool!

#51 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:32 PM

They are looking pretty good to me. I would assume they will be in the somewhat fluid TNG scale of figures. Since it is easier for DST to re-use TNG bodies if they want and vice-versa if they ever decide to make "Generations" figures and the DS9 crew in the first season uniforms.

All in all I'm really pleased.

Dave

#52 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

So how much of a difference is there between Nemisis Worf and DS9 Worf uniform?

#53 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:35 PM

I think the biggest difference would be the color of his undershirt and stripes around the cuffs of his shirt. It would be more of a red (burgandy) like the FC Picard then the purple that DST used for Nemesis.

#54 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:49 PM

So that might be an easy repaint for DST?

#55 IAmTheKeymaster

IAmTheKeymaster

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:18 PM

Damn. I'm definitley getting these! biggrin.gif But I wonder why they didn't release pictures of them in their earlier-season uniforms? Does this mean we might be getting these later season uniform versions first?

I'm glad we're getting this version of Odo. I despised his original look from the first season. blink.gif

#56 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:30 PM

My God, those are amazing! I cannot wait for these ... now DST ... now! laugh.gif

They all look great, but Ezri is plain awesome! Odo is extremely cool too!

#57 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:39 PM

I agree that Ezri looks awesome. Jadzia is my least favorite but the rest are great. These are going to look so good in my collection.

#58 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:48 PM

Jadzia looks a little weird, but this is the first time we are seeing her. I am sad that we won't have many surprises at Toyfair though ... its still awesome to see the pics!

#59 Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:59 PM

Man, now I'm antsy just waiting for these guys to go on pre-order. I'm gonna get two full sets, and a few extra Siskos' and Daxs', thier bodies are perfect for generic starfleet personnel customs.

Too bad they usually go up for pre-order only a few months before release, I would place mine right now!

#60 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:01 PM

Alright these are awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users