• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#1 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:54 AM

So now that we are literally days away from seeing the unveiling of the DS9 line, what do you guys think we'll see?

#2 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:05 AM

Hey all,

My theory is we will see Sisko and Worf as the core. This way it bridges between the TNG sets and DS9 sets. We may also see another character, possibly someone like Bashir but I doubt it will be Kira, Dax or O'Brien.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:14 AM

I don't think DST worries about bridging the different series that much so I think we will see Sisko and Kira. Sisko will more than likely be wearing the command top uniform and have at least one variant. We may see at least one other character in the first series as well (such as Jake).

#4 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:19 AM

Well Sisko is the obvious choice and I think we'll get a worf variant in a Voyager uniform as we already have him in the TNG yellow and Grey uniform, so they won't release him again in the DS9 wave. Which could mean we get them in the Greys and also there variant Voyager uniforms and Sisko will get the extra variant of Sisko in FC vest.

The Wave one could be: Sisko (reuse of Worf/Riker Greys) Jadzia (reuse of Deanna Grey?) Bashir (reuse of La Forge Grey) Gul Dukat?

cheers,
Tk

#5 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:33 AM

Hey,

I'm not too sure about getting 4 characters per set. Didn't it get said that they are planning on doing this like the Stargate sets, 2 main characters and then an additional one (i.e. Dukat, fingers crossed?)

My initial idea was Sisko in Season 4, Season 7, TNG outfit, Mirror Universe and Our Man Bashir with Worf Season 4, Our Man Bashir and T& T (not too sure about scale......) Then a 2 pack of Sisko in the FC Vest with Jake.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#6 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(Totalus_Kat @ Feb 6 2007, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Wave one could be: Sisko (reuse of Worf/Riker Greys) Jadzia (reuse of Deanna Grey?) Bashir (reuse of La Forge Grey) Gul Dukat?

For some reason, I don't think they'll use that many reuses for the DS9 line. Obviously, when it is appropriate, they will here and there. But for the most part I think we'll see a lot of new sculpts for this series, even for the FC style uniforms.

I don't think we'll see S1/2 uniforms, but we will see the S3-5 variants for the simple fact that it will allow parts interchangeability for the Voyager line as well as opening up the possibility of some Generations figures as well.

I also don't think we'll see that many variants for DS9, at least not as many as they had for TNG. Not for the main waves anyway. Down the road I think we'll see some more, but for the waves we're probably only going to see a few here and there like a TNG O'Brien apart from the two main uniform styles.

If I had to venture into the area of predictions, I'd say wave one will be:

S7 Sisko
S7 O'Brien
TNG S5 O'Brien (chase)

S4 Sisko (exclusive)
S4 O'Brien (exclusive)

QUOTE(Matty-lad @ Feb 6 2007, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't it get said that they are planning on doing this like the Stargate sets, 2 main characters and then an additional one (i.e. Dukat, fingers crossed?)

No one at DST said that AFAIK. I asked about it, though, but there was some confusion and it wasn't really answered. If I had it my way, they would structure it more like the Stargate line and include Gul Dukat in the core assortment.

#7 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:15 AM

I like your predictions knightone but a part of me thinks that DST may use the S3-5 uniforms for the core assortments and S7 uniforms as chase or exclusives

I also think Sisko is a given for wave 1. But could be wrong. TNG wave 1 opened with Riker and Worf and not Picard.

Sisko and O'Brien seem like a nice paring for the first wave and if O'Brien is release no matter what wave I would like to see him in TNG style uniform as either a chase or exclusive.

#8 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE(Captain Kidd @ Feb 6 2007, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like your predictions knightone but a part of me thinks that DST may use the S3-5 uniforms for the core assortments and S7 uniforms as chase or exclusives

Interesting thought. It is a very likely notion as well since we've already seen the grey uniforms for the TNG crew and this will be the first time we've seen the division shouldered uniforms in this line. They are more colorful as well, which may help to catch customers eyes in stores.

#9 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE(Totalus_Kat @ Feb 6 2007, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Sisko is the obvious choice and I think we'll get a worf variant in a Voyager uniform as we already have him in the TNG yellow and Grey uniform, so they won't release him again in the DS9 wave. Which could mean we get them in the Greys and also there variant Voyager uniforms and Sisko will get the extra variant of Sisko in FC vest.

cheers,
Tk

At one point, I'd never have expected that they'd reuse Deanna (5'3.5") for Jadzia (5'11.75").

Now, it wouldn't surprise me.

FYI:

#10 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 01:24 PM

Of all the pieces they could reuse for this line I hope that the one they never ever use again is the horrible crotch piece and upper leg combo they used for the Picard figures. I don't think they could have given him wider hips if they tried.

#11 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:14 PM

I'm thinking Sisko & O'Brien or Sisko & Dax.

S4 & S7

With Mirror Mirror versions of both characters.

#12 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:40 PM

wow, I'm way behind, I didnt even have a clue they already had plans for DS9.
I liked DS9 but I liked voyager better ...but I'm looking forward to seeing odo and quark smile.gif Gotta love the ferengi's smile.gif

#13 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:24 PM

Scratch that... found the image smile.gif Posting it up here now:

Kudos too Matt aka Ironcowprod for the image and if your not happy I am displaying your work then you can shout at me to take it down... all though its impressive piece of work and deserve an applause for it.

cheers,
Tk

EDIT: Says something different than before.

#14 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:06 PM

Hey, I made that exact same Sisko custom.Cool.

#15 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:39 PM

I am, really looking forward to this line, more so now since I started watching Season 6 of DS9 again. I would like to see this lineup,

Sisko S4 and 7 uniform
Dax S4 and S7 uniform
O'Brien S4 and S7 uniform

#16 Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:50 PM

As long as I get S7 uniforms of everyone, and we get a Cardassian and Ferengi in some form I'll be happy.

Actually, I wouldn't mind some "Army Builder" type figures like generic Cardassian soldiers, Jem'Hadar soldiers, Klingon Warriors, Ferengi merchants, ect.

And I know the chances are probably slim to none, but I would buy like 4 Breen soldiers if they made 'em. biggrin.gif

#17 jesus

jesus

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:54 AM

ohmy.gif beauty figures

#18 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:14 AM

are my eyes deceiving me, or is that an extra articulation on Dax's legs, slightly above the knee?

and does anybody else think O'Brien looks a bit...er...thin? i'm guessing because thats a re-used Data NEM body?

#19 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Most Sci Fi, however a strong emphasis on Star Trek, Stargate, and Doctor Who.

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE(Will Riker @ Feb 7 2007, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are my eyes deceiving me, or is that an extra articulation on Dax's legs, slightly above the knee?

I am not sure, it may be.

QUOTE(Will Riker @ Feb 7 2007, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and does anybody else think O'Brien looks a bit...er...thin? i'm guessing because thats a re-used Data NEM body?

Yes, he does.

#20 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(Will Riker @ Feb 7 2007, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That custom was made using the T&T Dax body, which had articulation above the knee. So the answer is no. Your eyes are not deceiving you.

QUOTE(Will Riker @ Feb 7 2007, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, that's the Nemesis Data body. The customizer originally just made the three men without doing too much to the bodies other than a repaint where needed. He made the Dax much later on and put a lot more work into making her as you can see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users